TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

Nice! $5.9M from Thursday with 3M+ already eaten up is very very solid. Let’s say it wouldn’t have gotten all those $3M in sneaks for Thursday night and instead got half, it would be looking at $7.5M for Thursday night. Thinking $60M+ is def possible now. Will see how the Friday number comes in and if it can play well over the weekend. Really solid start so far though. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nevermore said:

FRIDAY AM UPDATE following Thursday PM exclusive: New Line/DC’s Shazam is higher than what we saw soaring to $5.9M in U.S./Canada Thursday previews. Add in those paid Fandango sneaks and the DC guy has $9.2M already at the domestic B.O. Nancy will be getting an overseas update in a bit.

So, my area didn't wildly overperform (I just couldn't accept that with my area's sales, we were only looking at $4M:)...

• Like 3

phew! 5.9m ... 8x gives 47m+ ow. 50m+ including the 3m+ pre-previews.

imo 4pm previews make it nearly impossible to match itsv's animated+december 10x.

Edited by a2k

2 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Where’s PS numbers???

Paramount’s Pet Sematary drew $2.3M in previews at 2,942 locations. The pic carries a low net production cost of $20M. Next to horror comps, that’s higher than the $1.8M which Get Out pulled in, the $2M made by Split and the $1.9M made by Sony’s remake of Evil Dead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

phew! 5.9m ... 8x gives 47m+ ow.
imo 4pm previews make it nearly impossible to match itsv's animated+december 10x.
I think it still can get close to 10x since those 4PM showingd were basically empty [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The fact that Shazam has 4pm showings skew the picture a bit, plus those early 3M sneaks. Its probably heading to a 50M+ OW now, but we really need the Friday number to have a better overall picture.

2,3M is solid for Pet Sematary. Its looking at a 20M+ weekend which is good.

Edited by Brainbug