TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

2 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Shazam has bomber over here, unsurprisingly (it was dumped by WB), and it will struggle to reach €5m (for sake of comparison, Aquaman did nearly €14m in Spain). Conversely, Dumbo is doing great; it's fallen less than 20%. Easter Holidays will cut off legs (moviegoing slows considerably as people travel), but it's poised to gross in the middle €10s. It has already surpassed Cinderella, although it won't match Jungle Book or BATB.

I would not rule out that yet. It is hard but let's see how it continues its run. For the moment it is having a quite similar run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

People who argue with facts -> sexists lol. I cant with some people xD

I suppose it depends how one does it.

But really, I'm not sure that this twitter user is legitimately trying to make a point so much as is aiming for a response or attention, which is deeply unfortunate for the majority of people aiming to improve representation. Of course, it is this individual - who possibly doesn't even believe in her point herself because it is just so self evidently nonsensical - that the reactive sites on the other side will cherry pick and discuss, and round and round we go.

In other news I loved Shazam and hope it plays long. Just seems like its exposure is different in different areas both nationally and internationally.

Pet Sematary and Shazam are perhaps two of the best suited movies opening in the same week that make for an ideal double bill in a long time. Offset each other really nicely. Not only did my friend and I do this myself, but anecdotally I've heard it a lot. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Who cares about China what they think. They embrace Captain SJW instead of a real movie.

would not know a good movie if they saw it.

Just like aquabro and venom :Venom:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

On 4/6/2019 at 2:02 AM, Rorschach said:

I just got out of seeing Climax.

If teachers wanna get students to stop doing drugs, all they need to do is sit their students down and force them to watch this and Requiem for a Dream. After that, they should be pretty good.

Seen both of these of my own volition; hasn't worked for me

27 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Who cares about China what they think. They embrace Captain SJW instead of a real movie.

would not know a good movie if they saw it.

Film about the fact people are defined by multiple identities by the different people in their lives, and realising that being the best person you can be - "a hero" - means being the person that the soul opposite needs you to be at that particular moment = SJW movie.

But.....

Film about a person finding a family, only to realise that the term "family" is a relative, fluid word that can't be perceived with a literal biological meaning and "family" actually includes lots of people from different walks of life, perhaps maybe a range of races and a gay person and parents with no biological connection to the children = not an SJW movie, apparently. 

I really don't know what to be more annoyed about by the fauxjectivist types these days, their obnoxious politics or just their abysmal incompetence at analysis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I really don't know what to be more annoyed about by the fauxjectivist types these days, their obnoxious politics or just their abysmal incompetence at analysis.

Only a few people with a small post count end on my ignore list, usually those are seemingly not only biased, but mostly also ... twisting details, trying to stir ppl up, blatant racists/sexists,... Or worse.

'Funny' ( :sadno: ) how to get to read their BS per quotes still

😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So much gaslighting on such a mediocre to bad performance. 

I mean....Titanics marketing budget to “prove” a ludicrous number like 40 is possible. 

Yeah, I still can't believe some people in this thread believe that Shazam Marketing budget is 40M.

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is like when people say the gender pay gap is like 20% as a median of all incomes when the real gender pay gap is 4% between comparable experience and job level. 

Its like you try to raise an important issue but in how you frame the issue, one loses credibility. 

This is not really the same thing at all the real economical gap between gender is the annual average/median gap (that the real gap) and an relevant metric./subject, the reason why does not empty the question, but bring new one. Same for say cops shooting, study show that you are not more likely to be shot if you are black when you are arrested, that do not empty the shooting gap question.

This is just a strange comparable, imagine someone saying Ocean 8 open at 41m, The Revenant under 40m in one particular market and are seen has a big success but Ghostbuster open at 46m in some particular market and is seen has a failure...

Edited by Barnack

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Titanics marketing budget to “prove” a ludicrous number like 40 is possible. 

Yes.

The 'fun' thing is, at that time distribution costs were relatively higher, as they actually needed film copies and such.

So to only quote (if even correct, or only dom, or...) the smaller part seems not logical.

Either newbie, rather young and as such forgotten / not aware the other situation then, or a blatant try to twist I guess.

Just now, DlAMONDZ said:

Shazam's marketing was 40m? That's wild if true

Nope

If that DC fan contributor (not a journalist!) even heard any number, than at best only dom or e.g. only TV or...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

REEEEEEEE

Just the typical gender studies feminist. move along nothing to see here. 

go back to watching NRA TV you'll feel much more at home with people of your same... IQ

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, shouldnt have shouldnt be said:

-50% Shazam!  27.0 - 100.0

-50% Pet Sem  12.5 - 45.0

-45% Dumbo   10.0 - 92.0

-46% Us             7.5 - 165.0

-41% Marvel      7.5 - 387.0

SI_Natalie_Portman_016.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

CM is already outselling US and Dumbo on MT and Fandango 

Shazam will have much better hold than this. 

Shazam  29-31M

Pet Sematary 9-12M

CM  8.5-10M

Dumbo  7-9M

US  7-9M