TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

41% drop for marvel CM. Seems legit....

My current prediction based on Sundays estimate was 8.9 million for next weekend.

It will have bigger weekend than Dumbo and US. Already outselling them on both MT and Fandango. 

I think it will remain in Top 5 this weekend. 😅😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Damn, it might hurt to be called a self hater except she's a twit. :lol:

Classic Twitter case of saying something you know will get a reaction, said reaction occurs and they yell "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. I'M MUTING. BYEEEEE."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

So much gaslighting on such a mediocre to bad performance. 

I mean....Titanics marketing budget to “prove” a ludicrous number like 40 is possible. 

Well i guess in your logic Captain America 1, Thor 1 was huge flops then and Ant-Man also had a mediocre to bad performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

Well i guess in your logic Captain America 1, Thor 1 was huge flops then and Ant-Man also had a mediocre to bad performance.

I never understood the argument that because Marvel movies are much more popular nowadays any superhero movie should be big today.

There is no evidence that DC movies benefit globally from the Marvel craze, if that was the case most DC movies would have done a lot better at the box office.

The fact that people go crazy at Avengers and other Marvel movies doesn't automatically translate to them caring about a small superhero movie made by another studio. Look at fantastic four, power rangers and now Shazam for that example.

As of now the only DCEU movie that has come near the Marvel craze overseas is Aquaman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LordNox said:

I never understood the argument that because Marvel movies are much more popular nowadays any superhero movie should be big today.

There is no evidence that DC movies benefit globally from the Marvel craze, if that was the case most DC movies would have done a lot better at the box office.

The fact that people go crazy at Avengers and other Marvel movies doesn't automatically translate to them caring about a small superhero movie made by another studio. Look at fantastic four, power rangers and now Shazam for that example.

As of now the only DCEU movie that has come near the Marvel craze overseas is Aquaman.

Everyone should compare this to Ant-Man. Deadline does that too. Ant-Man was a hit and Shazam is already a hit too after its Opening week already almost making 2 times its production budget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

41% drop for marvel CM. Seems legit....

My current prediction based on Sundays estimate was 8.9 million for next weekend.

why thats drop from the moment this weekend it had 38-39 with bigger competition ... doennt make sense

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

why thats drop from the moment this weekend it had 38-39 with bigger competition ... doennt make sense

I was being sarcastic. I'm forecasting a 30% drop for next weekend as hellboy will flop miserably and hurt US and PS more than anything else.

Edited by cdsacken

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

I was being sarcastic. I'm forecasting a 30% drop for next weekend as hellboy will flop miserably and hurt US and PS more than anything else.

oh i see i am sorry :( , any idea about hellboys budget ?