cannastop

I thought 2019 was supposed to be the biggest year ever?

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Summer is going to determine this. I imagine May/June/July will be massive

Yeah for

May (excluding Endgame holdovers), Both Pikachu and Aladdin have strong chances at $300M DOM, Godzilla 2 might break the sequel curse DOM at least, and I still think Rocketman will breakout. Long Shot and John Wick 3 Should also have chances at $100M

June has Pets 2 and Toy Story 4, and even though I think the two will eat into and limit each other, I think both will do around $290M-$350M. Men In Black International will probably be in the lower 100s while Dark Phoenix goes sub $100M.

July has both Far From Home and The Lion King. Now I firmly believe the former will decrease from the first domestic, The Lion King is a unpredictable box office monster. I also think Hollywood could pull in a nice $160M-$175M DOM

Even August looks nice. Hobbs and Shaw might do what TMNT did in 2014 and Dora and Angry Birds 2 should post solid numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

The year of superhero/cbm fatigue 

Not fatigue but rather stagnation, apart from the future Avengers, Black Panther 2, CM2 and WW1984, I do feel both MCU and DC Worlds films as well as CBMs in general won’t reach the same heights.