cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

4 hours ago, belblazer said:

Makes sense bc it finished filming first than the other movies.

If they’re doing test screenings this early, then they might as well have this and Aquaman 2 swap release dates. This movie could at least potentially serve as decent counterprogramming. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

If they’re doing test screenings this early, then they might as well have this and Aquaman 2 swap release dates. This movie could at least potentially serve as decent counterprogramming. 

I agree but I think it's just to see if it needs reshoots to not waste time with the kids, maybe.

But poor Shazam again facing another blockbuster that big like Avatar.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:52 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Seeing WSS BO, I can only assume all of them left her on Read

It is intersting: WSS was a box office dissapointment, but still made Rachel Zegler a major media presence and someone who is going to be a star.

I always had a sneaking supiscion Wonder Woman would show up in SHazam 2 given the Greek Mythlogy theme.

Sad to see the League of Evil Monsters dumped though, since the post credit sequence of Shazam set them up to be the big bads of Shazam 2.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, dudalb said:

It is intersting: WSS was a box office dissapointment, but still made Rachel Zegler a major media presence and someone who is going to be a star.

I always had a sneaking supiscion Wonder Woman would show up in SHazam 2 given the Greek Mythlogy theme.

Sad to see the League of Evil Monsters dumped though, since the post credit sequence of Shazam set them up to be the big bads of Shazam 2.

They seem to have dumped most of the stuff Geoff Johns setup. I can only wish WW84 had been as lucky.

I think that David had to rewrite what he planned to be a trilogy for his character because of The Rock. Maybe the plan was to put both Shazam and Black Adam to fight in a third movie (which is obvious since he is a Shazam character), but this obsession in forcing Black Adam as the biggest thing in the whole cosmos is annoying and I bet that The Rock would say no to the movie unless there is Superman in it.

FICnqTNVgAAhB3N?format=jpg&name=medium

And even IF it happens, it would be in The Rock terms which is kinda disappointing to me. I still have faith because they are from the same universe, so let's see.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 4:42 PM, WittyUsername said:

It’s weird that even though DC is supposedly trying to make a cohesive universe again, their directors don’t even seem to be in the loop on what’s going on with the other movies. 

Who says this?  I honestly think they're simply going with "whatever works" at this point, and will tie things together if they do.  And yes, the director's statements here make clear he's not even "in the loop" on a character that's historically central to Shazam's universe, so...that says it all.  I get the distinct not-so-subtle feeling that yes, The Rock would rather face off against Superman at some point, and really doesn't care much about Shazam...  And let's be honest -- no matter who wears the "S" -- a Black Adam/Supes face-off would most definitely have more box-office potential than simply Black Adam vs. Shazam -- and Dwayne Johnson knows this.  

Edited by Macleod

54 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Who says this?  I honestly think they're simply going with "whatever works" at this point, and will tie things together if they do.  And yes, the director's statements here make clear he's not even "in the loop" on a character that's historically central to Shazam's universe, so...that says it all.  I get the distinct not-so-subtle feeling that yes, The Rock would rather face off against Superman at some point, and really doesn't care much about Shazam...  And let's be honest -- no matter who wears the "S" -- a Black Adam/Supes face-off would most definitely have more box-office potential than simply Black Adam vs. Shazam -- and Dwayne Johnson knows this.  

I mean pretty much everything we already know about future movie tells us this. They’re definitely trying to make something more connected and cohesive. Wether that works or audiences like it is another storey. 

On 1/13/2022 at 4:42 PM, WittyUsername said:

It’s weird that even though DC is supposedly trying to make a cohesive universe again, their directors don’t even seem to be in the loop on what’s going on with the other movies. 

Weirdly this happens even in the MCU sometimes. The Hawkeye folks apparently were blindsided by that Black Widow credits tag meant to set-up that show.