cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

8 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

The first trailer was decent. This new one was terrible. Entirely devoid of the charm that made the first Shazam! a surprise treat. Now it looks like another overly dramatic grey-tinged cgi festival.

I'm not saying I think it's going to be a bad movie (I'm staying hopeful) as much as I'm saying I think this marketing approach isn't the right take for this property. Unless it actually is reflective of the film, in which case... Ouch.

Either way, I'd say right now I'm thinking $45m OW, $115m DOM, $300m WW. And those are respectable numbers (but not impressive enough to warrant Gunn's attention) if the $125m budget reported last summer by Rolling Stone holds up. Prior to this new trailer, I was thinking it would match the first film. Now, I don't see it. And if the rest of the marketing follows this approach, I'd go lower. I just don't see this being what fans of the first film wanted.

If it makes 115m domestic I would say it would be lower worldwide. The reception of the first in many international markets didn't seem that strong

Do the DC execs at WB have like a rubble quotient? Some massive contract with a CGI company they are required to give so much work to? So many of their movies have a potentially good story that just winds up getting buried under piles of debris from endless minutes of flying through/knocking down generic buildings

The ones that really didn't fall into that trap were Wonder Woman, Aquaman (harder to do under water) and Shazam. But from the looks of the last trailer, the last one might be headed that way now. Can only hope this is just a marketing strategy, to try to draw in the casual "want to watch shit blow up" crowd, and not necessarily reflective of the actual movie

• Like 6

1 hour ago, M37 said:

Do the DC execs at WB have like a rubble quotient? Some massive contract with a CGI company they are required to give so much work to? So many of their movies have a potentially good story that just winds up getting buried under piles of debris from endless minutes of flying through/knocking down generic buildings

That's what tempered my excitement for this. It's just a bunch of Transformers-esque grey crap in piles on the screen. Even the new Transformers trailer looks better than this trailer.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

On 1/27/2023 at 9:58 AM, GOGODanca said:

Youtube Main Trailer after 22 hours: 5.1 million views and 35k likes

Official Twitter Trailer views: 1.2m views on the tweet itself with 9,702 likes

Update: Youtube Trailer views after 50 hours: 11m views but only 42k likes

Emotion Reaction GIF

• Haha 1