cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

About antivaxxers or the film?

Antivaxxers. 

Tons of people I know and work with don’t have the vaccine. They are comfortable with not having the vaccine. Very few people live in a reality where everybody they know and love is fully vaxxed. 

I also realised the tide turned after THR’s Scott Feinberg got bullied off twitter for including Letitia Wright on a “shame list” with Roman Polanski for posting one questionable Vax tweet. The world moved on.

FinLxrEWAAEdlqc?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah this is a total non-controversy, and I'm speaking as a hardcore "get vaccinated" guy. People don't care about celebrities doing problematic stuff unless they are Mel Gibson terrible or are accused of assault. And even then, you can argue that's still not enough considering how the Golden Globes was full of people idolizing Brad Pitt. As long as he doesn't say anything Holocaust denial bad, he'll probably, at worst, get solid TV work. Which is what he's been doing for years anyways. This won't matter.

• Like 4

idk it sounds like he's criticizing big pharma. this thing's gonna tank so hard though. if it's as bad as the trailers look then idk what happened, feel like sandberg did a great job on the first shazam film 🤷 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Nobody(sane) cares about Covid and vaccines in 2023.

I mean pretty much this, I’m fully vaccinated plus double boosted but I don’t care what others do anymore, I barely see anyone wear masks anymore and that’s completely fine as that’s their choice. 

With that said, this isn’t a big controversy or anything new, this is who Levi is, just like evangeline lilly. So hopefully the people saying they aren’t seeing this (on social media)cause of Levi’s views hold the same standards for that lol. We know that’s not the case cause WF did fine. 

This isn’t going to hurt the box office in any way cause this was never doing big numbers.  I’m not sure much of anything changes the outcome of this movies box office at this point. 

I don’t think it’s that people don’t care, it just generates more of a reaction of disappointment rather than anger. “Him too? 🙄” It’s just not a battle worth expending a whole lot of energy on, and that includes boycotts or whatever; people don’t care enough for it to matter 

At some point you just have to tune out the crazies and let them live in their own warped reality; the harm - for the moment - is indirect at worst, and does not require an active response 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AJG said:

Antivaxxers. 

Tons of people I know and work with don’t have the vaccine. They are comfortable with not having the vaccine. Very few people live in a reality where everybody they know and love is fully vaxxed. 

I also realised the tide turned after THR’s Scott Feinberg got bullied off twitter for including Letitia Wright on a “shame list” with Roman Polanski for posting one questionable Vax tweet. The world moved on.

FinLxrEWAAEdlqc?format=jpg&name=large

Thank you. Someone had to say it.

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

I'll never not be appalled at how much of a social phenomenon covid and vaccination became. Adults behaved worse than I could have ever imagined during the whole thing (at the beginning of it I could understand, people were scared and uncertain). Nobody gave a hoot about what medical choices others made and then suddenly it was cool to absolutely shame people for not getting a (rushed and barely tested) vaccine. Idiots. I blame the government and media mostly.

Anyway, like others said, nobody cares now which was predictable. It came and went like a fad (not referring to covid itself, but the the social phenomenon of vaccine/mask status)

I have choice words for anti-vaxxers and even more choice words for holier than thou anti vaxxers like yourself but I'll let the mods handle this one instead.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I have choice words for anti-vaxxers and even more choice words for holier than thou anti vaxxers like yourself but I'll let the mods handle this one instead.

Don't call me that. I have gotten a lot of other vaccines. I am not anti-vaccine, I simply chose not to get this one. 

There is nothing for the mods to "handle" here.

Edited by Verrows
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Don't call me that. I have gotten a lot of other vaccines. I am not anti-vaccine, I simply chose not to get this one. 

There is absolutely nothing for the mods to "handle" here.

You can choose not to get it when your actions don't hurt other people.

Your selfish ass is why the world is screwed up as it is. The concept of helping your fellow man does not come into the picture for you. 

I'm just going to take a wild stab that you think Trudeau is a dictator because that's what all you idiot conspiracy theorists think. Go take your holier than thou nonsense elsewhere. There's plenty for the mods to handle here, but I'll leave that decision to them.

Anti vaxxers are lower than dirt which is below 30 foot of shit.

• Like 7
  • Heart 1
  • Knock It Off 4

Just now, grim22 said:

You can choose not to get it when your actions don't hurt other people.

Your selfish ass is why the world is screwed up as it is.

I'm just going to take a wild stab that you think Trudeau is a dictator because that's what all you idiot conspiracy theorists think. Go take your holier than thou nonsense elsewhere. There's plenty for the mods to handle here, but I'll leave that decision to them.

And you say the mods have to handle MY post. I'm not going to engage, especially because people like you just don't faze me whatsoever.

Mods,.if you want to delete my original post on the matter, please do. I don't wish to start anything. I only made it because there was a bit of reflection starting to happen on the issue in this thread.

4 minutes ago, Verrows said:

And you say the mods have to handle MY post. I'm not going to engage, especially because people like you just don't faze me whatsoever.

Mods,.if you want to delete my original post on the matter, please do. I don't wish to start anything. I only made it because there was a bit of reflection starting to happen on the issue in this thread.

Sure. They don't faze you because you have decided that living an insular life among the hivemind of anti-vaxx forums is where you belong.

You truly believe there's a reckoning where everyone will drop dead because of the jab. Keep on believing that nonsense while polite society passes you by. I look forward to seeing you protest at the Canadian Capitol when election results don't go your way.

As someone who knows way too many people who died because of Covid and not a single one who died because of vaccines, people like you are scum. Not one iota of concern for your fellow human beings and not willing to do the minimum possible to ensure others are safe.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Sure. They don't faze you because you have decided that living an insular life among the hivemind of anti-vaxx forums is where you belong.

You truly believe there's a reckoning where everyone will drop dead because of the jab. Keep on believing that nonsense while polite society passes you by. I look forward to seeing you protest at the Canadian Capitol when election results don't go your way.

How the hell do you know what I believe, or what I read or whatever? You're all the same: you just assume that when someone strays from the popular narrative they must be a conspiracy nut. I have no wild theories on the vaccine and I don't hang out with the conspiracy crowd. I simply declined this shot! Why is that so hard to accept without making baseless assumptions and throwing stupid labels areound?

Mods, is THIS acceptable? I tried to end this peacefully and this person is losing his shit lol.