cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

Perhaps I'm delivering the eulogy a little early but I feel bad for Sandberg. He's an earnest filmmaker who I know is passionate about everything he does. You know he put a lot into this and genuinely wants his audience to enjoy it. That probably sounds like almost every director out there but when it's one of the good guys like him I feel extra bad.

Hopefully the movie ends up doing better than we all think though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I doubt one tweet affects how this movie is going to perform. The majority of people won’t even be aware of it, and the ones who are aware aren’t going to boycott the film because of it. I mean, Wakanda Forever did just fine despite Letitia Wright’s questionable views on the same subject. I might disagree with him, but I’m still going to see Shazam. This won’t even be on anyone’s radar come March.

• Like 3

Going insane seeing the number of people saying that Levi is gonna get cancelled/fired. This is like the 3rd time a lead in a superhero movie has said something anti-vax (and although Levi probably is anti-vax, saying Pfizer bad the least harmful thing he could say) and the past two ones didn't get fired from their films.

15 hours ago, M37 said:

I don’t think it’s that people don’t care, it just generates more of a reaction of disappointment rather than anger. “Him too? 🙄” It’s just not a battle worth expending a whole lot of energy on, and that includes boycotts or whatever; people don’t care enough for it to matter 

At some point you just have to tune out the crazies and let them live in their own warped reality; the harm - for the moment - is indirect at worst, and does not require an active response 

Yeah pretty much this. I just find it extremely funny that DC just can't escape controversy, even if mostly harmless for the BO in this case. People don't care enough anymore and Zachary Levi isn't some sort of face of novaxxers, so this'll mostly fly under the radar.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Going insane seeing the number of people saying that Levi is gonna get cancelled/fired. This is like the 3rd time a lead in a superhero movie has said something anti-vax (and although Levi probably is anti-vax, saying Pfizer bad the least harmful thing he could say) and the past two ones didn't get fired from their films.

The whole franchise is getting cancelled on account of this bombing hard and Gunn hitting reset, so no need to waste your energy on some anti-vax argument. 

MARCH (wide releases)

03 CREED III

10 SCREAM VI

10 CHAMPIONS

17 SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS

17 65

24 JOHN WICK: CHAPTER IV

24 THE LOST KING

31 DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES

31 SPINNING GOLD

31 A GOOD PERSON

31 A THOUSAND AND ONE

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

MARCH (wide releases)

03 CREED III

10 SCREAM VI

10 CHAMPIONS

17 SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS

17 65

24 JOHN WICK: CHAPTER IV

24 THE LOST KING

31 DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOR AMONG THIEVES

31 SPINNING GOLD

31 A GOOD PERSON

31 A THOUSAND AND ONE

Isn't Inside going wide on the 10th too? 

Going to be seeing something - sometimes more than one - every weekend in March except the 31st. Busy month! 

11 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is DOA for sure. I think its opening below 1st movie and crashing even worse. Levi is done with DCU as well and so why bother escalating his retarded views. 

Let's not be hasty here. If this is a hit, it could force Gunn to make Shazam 3. 

• Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movie-tv-plan-james-gunn-peter-safran-batman-swamp-thing-green-lantern-1235244926/

“We’re going to promise that everything from our first project forward is going to be unified,” said Gunn.

“But we’ve gotten very lucky for the next four projects,” added the filmmaker on the slate that was previously shepherded by former DC boss Walter Hamada.

Those being Shazam! Fury of the Gods (March 17), The Flash (June 16) the latter which Gunn says “resets everything.”

Then wiping away any doubt about the future of Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, and Zachary Levi’s Shazam, Safran emphasized, “These four movies are terrific. There’s no reason why any of the characters or the actors that play in those characters are not part of the DCU. There’s nothing that prohibits that from happening.”

1 hour ago, Eric Crowe said:

this is all talk. Shazam 2 is not looking to do any great business, no new Shazam seems to be planned for anytime soon.  and Levi is getting older. 

Edited by John Marston