cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Interesting little tidbit, but the past four movies in the DCEU all received a B+ on Cinemascore. The last movie to get anything higher than a B+ was the first Shazam movie, which is tied with WW for the highest Cinemascore in the DCEU at an A. 

Anyone suppose this this movie will continue the DCEU’s B+ streak? If it doesn’t, I guess The Flash will be the one to break it. 

I haven't read anything bad about it. The screenings were good and the comments said that it has the same quality as the first but in a bigger scale. Not that it's impossible for it to get B+, but maybe A-? Let's hope.

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Great posters.

But man, the marketing in general for this has been lackluster.

The death knell for this movie is that it's part of a dead franchise that will never really continue. I don't blame Warner at all. I bet they're counting the days until Aquaman 2 is out and will finally end the misery that is the DCEU.

• Like 2

I get that shazam probably won't be a part of the gunn verse but presumably 9 figures was invested into producing this movie and WBD needs all the cash it can get so should they atleast attempt to give it a chance to succeed? Unless the test screenings have just been dreadful and they know its DOA

42 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

I get that shazam probably won't be a part of the gunn verse but presumably 9 figures was invested into producing this movie and WBD needs all the cash it can get so should they atleast attempt to give it a chance to succeed? Unless the test screenings have just been dreadful and they know its DOA

I want the movie to succeed more than anyone but it’s money they already spent from before so I’m sure they’re not overly concerned about it now and if these characters won’t be in future movies they probably want to invest that money into the new dcu. Right or wrong it is what it is. 

I have a 10 year old that's seen the first one and enjoyed it, but has no interest. It comes out around his birthday, and he's opted to wait two weeks and see Dungeons and Dragons instead.

He generally likes movies as well. We saw Antman on the weekend. I'm not sure if its an anomaly or not, but if you don't have the 10 year old movie fan, I'm not sure who this film is for.

What's funny is that I enjoyed the first one, largely because it felt like the type of kids movie that I watched as a kid. It had an 80/90s goofy charm to it.

But from my kids perspective, there's no shortage of movies with his demo in mind, so he can afford to be picky. And there's no character at the core that he cares about, nor a recognizable actor.

• Sad 1

Well WB has screwed all their films with their handling. All the films pre-Flash and Flash seem pointless now, Aquaman is still tied to a dead franchise on top of testing poorly and the films to come did not have a very smooth beginning. 

I like/love Gunn’s movies/shows but I find his decision to keep certain parts of the DCEU, mainly those he worked with, down right stupid. He should have rebooted the whole thing.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Well WB has screwed all their films with their handling. All the films pre-Flash and Flash seem pointless now, Aquaman is still tied to a dead franchise on top of testing poorly and the films to come did not have a very smooth beginning. 

I like/love Gunn’s movies/shows but I find his decision to keep certain parts of the DCEU, mainly those he worked with, down right stupid. He should have rebooted the whole thing.

We still have no idea what's actually staying or being cut. They couldn't just cancel the 2023 film slate, lmao. Who knows if the Flash ending will even lead into the new DCU! 

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

We still have no idea what's actually staying or being cut. They couldn't just cancel the 2023 film slate, lmao. Who knows if the Flash ending will even lead into the new DCU! 

I think it’s safe to say at this point that everything except TSS, Peacemaker and maybe Blue Beetle are being cut, and I don’t even think the DCU will address this, despite how confusing that would be.