cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

60-65m would have been a good OW had they amped up this movie linking it with other DCEU heroes. Not just with brief cameos but as a character like Iron man was in Homecoming. May be if Black Adam was portrayed by someone other than Rock, they would have linked that character to the sequel even if it was not as main conflict. none of that happened and instead they made a by the book movies without any hooks and it bombed so hard that Morbius can be looked at more positively at this point :-)

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 9:09 PM, Saul Goodman said:

This was just so banal and a chore to sit through. Could finally see why this bombed so badly. It has none of the charm of the first and not even a fun schlock that gave Black Adam a pass lol.

I agree. It totally lacked the charm of the first one.

no surprise. The first one was considered all right by audiences but nothing amazing so no one was counting down to the sequel (critics and some fans massively overpraised it because it went against the Snyder tone) but this sequel came out four years later and with absolute cringe trailers (I've seen all the Fast and Furious movies?? Seriously??)

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

no surprise. The first one was considered all right by audiences but nothing amazing so no one was counting down to the sequel (critics and some fans massively overpraised it because it went against the Snyder tone) but this sequel came out four years later and with absolute cringe trailers (I've seen all the Fast and Furious movies?? Seriously??)

Yeah... 

I expected it to make less than the first. But this is even worse than I could have imagined.

• Like 1

I'm legit shocked this ended up making less than Moribus. Holy shit.

This sequel being Shazam vs Black Adam instead would have been a million times more interesting, but Rock's ego ended up killing that.

The upcoming reboot also deflated any interest for this.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I'm legit shocked this ended up making less than Moribus. Holy shit.

This sequel being Shazam vs Black Adam instead would have been a million times more interesting, but Rock's ego ended up killing that.

The upcoming reboot also deflated any interest for this.

The reboot announcement didn't help, but I get the feeling that this would have tanked either way. After the failure of Black Adam and how rudderless the DCEU has been. 

If anything, this is further proof that Gunn and Safran need to hit the reset button.