cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

He’s apparently listed on the casting grid as being part of the cast. Not believing anything till I know it’s official but I figured if he were to show up again it would be in this. 

I jumped when I saw that headline, but I’ve never heard of this website before, so I shouldn’t get too excited. Seriously though, if WB has any common sense, they should do this. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I jumped when I saw that headline, but I’ve never heard of this website before, so I shouldn’t get too excited. Seriously though, if WB has any common sense, they should do this. 

This site has got stuff right in the past but I’ll still wait for something official before I get excited. 

5 minutes ago, cax16 said:

In other words... the financial negotiation push/pull continues.  😂

Interesting to see the director chiming in so directly.  But he doesn't even say "We would love to have him..."  

Someone is playing hardball... it's either Warner Bros. or Cavill.

I just find this whole back and forth hilarious... 

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Well.....

Again ...he could still appear. Variety even goes to say that Cavill is still set to film a cameo in the near future. Maybe they don’t want the spoilers out there? Idk. But Shazam seemed like the best bet for his return as Black Adam takes place in the past. If not Shazam, then what ?

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Again ...he could still appear. Variety even goes to say that Cavill is still set to film a cameo in the near future. Maybe they don’t want the spoilers out there? Idk. But Shazam seemed like the best bet for his return as Black Adam takes place in the past. If not Shazam, then what ?

Probably flash, I was hoping for Shazam and then flash and then solo movie but I know I’m dreaming. 

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Probably flash, I was hoping for Shazam and then flash and then solo movie but I know I’m dreaming. 

When Deadline reported Cavill’s return they talked about more than one cameo. Flash surely seems like a good bet and The Rock is continuously teasing their fight. Thing is that Shazam has to be involved in said fight.

But, I have to say that, like the report announcing Cavill’s exit back in 2018, this one may just be premature. Still I am happy because when there’s smoke, there’s fire and now all three big trades (THR,DHD and now Variety) have said that Cavill will come back.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

When Deadline reported Cavill’s return they talked about more than one cameo. Flash surely seems like a good bet and The Rock is continuously teasing their fight. Thing is that Shazam has to be involved in said fight.

But, I have to say that, like the report announcing Cavill’s exit back in 2018, this one may just be premature. Still I am happy because when there’s smoke, there’s fire and now all three big trades (THR,DHD and now Variety) have said that Cavill will come back.

We’ll see what happens I guess, I loved Shazam so having him in number 2 isn’t a big deal.

I’d like to know when I’ll see Superman again in a movie though,  but it’s not like anyone owes me an explanation or anything. 

Edited by cax16

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

We’ll see what happens I guess, I loved Shazam so having him in number 2 isn’t a big deal.

I’d like to know when I’ll see Superman again in a movie though,  but it’s not like anyone owes me an explanation or anything. 

It's been 3 years, Cavill and WB should just release statements either saying he's done or he's staying. The longer this drags on, the more fans get frustrated.

With Affleck everything was sorted within less than 6 months.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's been 3 years, Cavill and WB should just release statements either saying he's done or he's staying. The longer this drags on, the more fans get frustrated.

With Affleck everything was sorted within less than 6 months.

I agree. I try and stay patient but it’s really hard with this. If Cavill can’t commit cause of the Witcher then they just need to recast. As much as I like him as Superman the character is more important and wb is being dumb shelving him. 

But getting some info would definitely be great. 

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I agree. I try and stay patient but it’s really hard with this. If Cavill can’t commit cause of the Witcher then they just need to recast. As much as I like him as Superman the character is more important and wb is being dumb shelving him. 

But getting some info would definitely be great. 

If Cavill can’t come back, they should just do what they're doing with Batman and make a standalone Superman series that has no connection to the DCEU. 

I recently heard that the Witcher spin-off is like a place holder, in case it will take longer for a Witcher season to release. Henry himself said that he can make at least one movie in between.

Now Witcher S2 is close to wrapping. And Shazam starts shooting in April. If theyvwant to, they can do it. Hell he could film a role in the same capacity as his Sherlock in Enola Hilmes and a solo Superman film in between Witcher