cax16

Shazam! Fury of the Gods | March 17 2023 | Sandberg returns to direct. Will Sinbad return? | Get vaccinated!

Gayden came on board Shazam in January 2017. He's currently scripting Last Human for Lord/Miller, so we can expect him to start work on this sometime in the summer. Using the same timeframe as the original film, fall 2021 release?

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Gimmie my 

Reveal hidden contents

Oh man, I can't wait to see these guys tackle that. It's gonna be weird and wild in the best ways possible

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

It will be interesting to see how fast this comes together. 

Jack Dylan Grazer ain't gonna stay young forever.

2 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

Well i think they will recast the young actors in a 3rd movie anyway. If the rumours are true Zach signed for 7 pictures then they were expecting recasting the younger actors later on.

They could do the Kingdom Come thing and just have a grown up Billy?

I think they could get away with Asher, Jack and Grace because they don't look super young. Ian Chen and the kid who played Darla might be a bit trickier. 

It'll be interesting to see which of Shazam 2 and Black Adam comes out first.

I would prefer if they keep the kids. I liked all of them, they acted well and were not annoying as many kids in movies are. It would also be nice to see them grow up with each new movie. It worked with HP so I dont see why it wouldn't work here as well. 

Spoiler

The adults playing the kids however can go for all I care. I did not like a single of them. It could perhaps be that we barely got any time to spend with them that I dont feel connected. But yeah for me they are disposable. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Again...the series growing up along its young cast is not that big of a problem.Look at Harry Potter.I wouldn’t Mind seeing the Shazam family heading to college!

Well Mary would be out of college over the course of a trilogy most likely.

She is college bound in this one.

23 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Again...the series growing up along its young cast is not that big of a problem.Look at Harry Potter.I wouldn’t Mind seeing the Shazam family heading to college!

I strongly disagree. Shazam and Potter are a bad comparasion.

The whole appeal of the film was Shazam was a superhero who had the emotions and behaved just like somebody the age of Billy Batson would behave. Take that away and you got pretty much just another Superman wannabe.

Potter was different, his growing up was a major theme of the series. With Shazam, that is pretty much impossible.

A grown up Shazam ruins the character, frankly. Now you could figure out a way that Batson grows up but Shazam does not, that could be interesting.

https://apnews.com/1f4d4433929d499599238896df2912b8?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=APEntertainment&utm_source=Twitter

Levi said the film created a bigger platform for his career. The actor said scriptwriting for the sequel has already begun and expects to start filming either in late spring or early summer next year.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1