MattW

Endgame OW contest

49 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

LMAO CHINA 200 million hahahhahaa.  5 day weekend and opening day is gonna be way over 50 million, probably 60+

Contest is for a 3 days though and IW did $190m, so $200m seems about right, no?

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Contest is for a 3 days though and IW did $190m, so $200m seems about right, no?

I don't think it is for 3 days and not sure. Aggressive estimates show China 5 day at 290 because of the work day on the weekend.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I don't think it is for 3 days and not sure. Aggressive estimates show China 5 day at 290 because of the work day on the weekend.

I'm not sure either but everyone seems to be going way too high from what IW did in China.

I can't see any reason why EG would be vastly different from IW + a modest increase.

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I'm not sure either but everyone seems to be going way too high from what IW did in China.

I can't see any reason why EG would be vastly different from IW + a modest increase.

That's easy hype is a different level and End Game >>>>>>Infinity War. Just like DH2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DH1

"Yes, Avengers: Endgame has sold $100M in China. It's the first time in history that a film earn $100M-plus in both North America & China before debut. Official box office system shows Chinese midnights for Endgame just reached $20M at 6:30pm, Apr.23 Beijing Time."

56 minutes ago, AndyK said:

No, this club is for what will be reported as the DOM/OS/WW OWs, which is the total at end of Sun. China will contribute its midnights ($20-25M)+5-day OW. That’s why it will be so much higher than IW’s 200.

32 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

No, this club is for what will be reported as the DOM/OS/WW OWs, which is the total at end of Sun. China will contribute its midnights ($20-25M)+5-day OW. That’s why it will be so much higher than IW’s 200.

Thats a con trick.......:hahaha:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AndyK said:

K.

My prediction is for 3 day weekend opening, not interested in fudges.

There is no way that Endgame gets to 200M in a 3 day opening weekend in China, simply because Sunday is a work day, and it will have had 2 of the biggest opening days in history before its 3 day opening weekend. Predicting the 3 day doesn't really have any relevance, because it isn't comparable to any other 3 day opening weekend.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Skwunk said:

There is no way that Endgame gets to 200M in a 3 day opening weekend in China, simply because Sunday is a work day, and it will have had 2 of the biggest opening days in history before its 3 day opening weekend. Predicting the 3 day doesn't really have any relevance, because it isn't comparable to any other 3 day opening weekend.

Sunday is not a work day in China.....

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/business-hour.htm

and since when have we lumped running totals into the OW numbers?

The only thing that gets lumped in is Thursday previews, that's the standard that we work too.

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

The only thing that gets lumped in is Thursday previews, that's the standard that we work too.

This specific Sunday is a workday I'm pretty sure. https://www.china-briefing.com/news/chinas-2019-holiday-schedule/

You can see here that there is a labour "week" and there are adjusted Sunday working days. But my point is, this 3 day isn't comparable to other 3 days. If you don't want to lump in the rest of the week (which the reports will), that is fine, but just understand that this 3 day isn't a normal 3 day, because it will have already made well over $100 million before the 3 day weekend.

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Yes, Sunday is a working day. Spend some time in the China forum.

And that ‘standard’ is only domestic. Overseas opening numbers have always been through the end of first Sunday, regardless of the opening day.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AndyK said:

K.

My prediction is for 3 day weekend opening, not interested in fudges.

Comparing the FSS of a 5 day opening to the FSS of a 3 day opening is equally a fudge... They are incomparable. The former is going to be severely deflated in comparison. It's not going to get near $200M if you just count the three day...

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

For worldwide openings numbers, since eternity. It's not a new thing. Since when are you following box office? You being from UK should have an idea.

And this sunday is work day.

• Like 1