MattW

Endgame OW contest

4 hours ago, AndyK said:

K.

My prediction is for 3 day weekend opening, not interested in fudges.

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

Sunday is not a work day in China.....

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/business-hour.htm

and since when have we lumped running totals into the OW numbers?

The only thing that gets lumped in is Thursday previews, that's the standard that we work too.

It's incredible a person who has been here so long is so uneducated on how BO works. 

OS Weekends - No it is not a con trick nor a fudge. This has been discussed multiple times on these forums, with even Rth providing detailed analyses. OS weekends, especially opening weekends, run anywhere from 3 days (in countries like India) to 5 days (in countries like South Korea) to sometime even longer. This has always been the standard for every movie released OS. It is not something special being done for this movie alone. The standard you are talking about applies only domestically. 

China Sunday - Generally Sunday is a holiday in China. However due to an extended Labour day holidays next week. This Sunday and the next one are working days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

It's incredible a person who has been here so long is so uneducated on how BO works. 

OS Weekends - No it is not a con trick nor a fudge. This has been discussed multiple times on these forums, with even Rth providing detailed analyses. OS weekends, especially opening weekends, run anywhere from 3 days (in countries like India) to 5 days (in countries like South Korea) to sometime even longer. This has always been the standard for every movie released OS. It is not something special being done for this movie alone. The standard you are talking about applies only domestically. 

China Sunday - Generally Sunday is a holiday in China. However due to an extended Labour day holidays next week. This Sunday and the next one are working days. 

This may be true but it doesn't make it right.

Generally OS numbers are more difficult to track and they have counted early releases, but it is generally for smaller movies or for smaller territories where it doesn't really scew the numbers too much.

But we could be talking about a $100m error here,, its time somebody put a stake in the ground and started giving accurate comparable data, especially when record accolades are being dished out.

Put it this way, would you be happy if the producers of Avatar2 took the global OW record away from EG by going for a tuesday opening in all OS territories?

You can bet your life, studio execs are already working on it !

• Knock It Off 1

10 hours ago, AndyK said:

This may be true but it doesn't make it right.

Generally OS numbers are more difficult to track and they have counted early releases, but it is generally for smaller movies or for smaller territories where it doesn't really scew the numbers too much.

But we could be talking about a $100m error here,, its time somebody put a stake in the ground and started giving accurate comparable data, especially when record accolades are being dished out.

Put it this way, would you be happy if the producers of Avatar2 took the global OW record away from EG by going for a tuesday opening in all OS territories?

You can bet your life, studio execs are already working on it !

Lmao this doesn't make it right. Delusion level 100%

27 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

@MattW I edited the number before deadline. Please Update ur sheet.

Nice!!

Btw if this helps you.

It does 70k today in Ghent should do 10 - 12 time this in Belgium so I expect OD between $0.7m - $0.85m.

To give perspective IW did $1.85m 5day. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Nice!!

Btw if this helps you.

It does 70k today in Ghent should do 10 - 12 time this in Belgium so I expect OD between $0.7m - $0.85m.

To give perspective IW did $1.85m 5day. 

Gosh. I underestimated it again.

No. I am kidding. Was expecting big jump in Europe.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

46 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

Domestic: 265m

China: 250m

International: 300m

WW: 815m

Just a tip... that would be less OS-C than IW had and China is already nearly half of your prediction with OD alone.

I mean if you troll, fine... but if you try to seriously predict, you should rethink your numbers.

12 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

Just a tip... that would be less OS-C than IW had and China is already nearly half of your prediction with OD alone.

I mean if you troll, fine... but if you try to seriously predict, you should rethink your numbers.

It was too late to submit anyway, so I'd leave it be:)...