sfran43

Monday Numbers: Shazam $3.05M | Pet Sematary $1.59M | US $969K | Dumbo $937K

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

:D

I try my best to calm down (and I am not even watching it, as teen centred, not my thing, for that I have my pupils)

Lol! I get enough drama from my kid aged clients. We had drama back in the day, but man Id take 1000 Kal-els over some of the uber fanboy crap weve dealt with the last couple of years. 

Frankly one of the reasons I am not around much - it irritates me too much when I am trying to find the nuggests of actual conversation and data. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, narniadis said:

This thread is a perfect example of the Dumpster Fire the Boxoffice part of this site has become. 

As one of the old BOM guard it makes me sad that as the old guard knowledgeable posters have left we have mainly added divisive fanboys and people who cant understand statistics and factual data. 

All the handwringing over nothing. Yall wouldnt have survived in the days of 300% increases on Fridays but consistently over 50% Sunday drops (and no huge swings on Tuesday / Wednesdays).

Were pictures black and white then?

/Hides

40 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

according Deadline,last year DISNEY have 3 out of 5 biggest flop movies of the year( solo,nutcracker and wrinkle),DUMBO could be a strong contender for this year, even tho DUMBO have more promising OS number.....

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Were pictures black and white then?

/Hides

Nope but we actually got to enjoy genuine surprises since data wasnt parsed to death.... that Shrek 2 opening for example. Or Matrix missing 100m on the weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Nope but we actually got to enjoy genuine surprises since data wasnt parsed to death.... that Shrek 2 opening for example. Or Matrix missing 100m on the weekend. 

We still get some big surprises even with more prerelease data analysis. BP, Solo, JL, I2, JW, WW’s legs, CM overseas, AQM overseas, Bohemian Rhapsody... all pretty recent. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boyamama said:

according Deadline,last year DISNEY have 3 out of 5 biggest flop movies of the year( solo,nutcracker and wrinkle),DUMBO could be a strong contender for this year, even tho DUMBO have more promising OS number.....

Even though, the butthurt from Disney is only growing from many here. I really dont understand the amount of hate Disney is getting !!! You can hate on Marvel, SW but to enjoy the flop of a movie about a cute baby elephant is beyond reason.

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I'm just teasing I'm 34 :D. Wasnt near as crazy even 15 years ago.

• Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, narniadis said:

This thread is a perfect example of the Dumpster Fire the Boxoffice part of this site has become. 

As one of the old BOM guard it makes me sad that as the old guard knowledgeable posters have left we have mainly added divisive fanboys and people who cant understand statistics and factual data. 

All the handwringing over nothing. Yall wouldnt have survived in the days of 300% increases on Fridays but consistently over 50% Sunday drops (and no huge swings on Tuesday / Wednesdays).

We are the new old guard.

In time, people will revere us and hanker for the old days when BvS was a grand conversation piece.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Lol! I get enough drama from my kid aged clients. We had drama back in the day, but man Id take 1000 Kal-els over some of the uber fanboy crap weve dealt with the last couple of years. 

Frankly one of the reasons I am not around much - it irritates me too much when I am trying to find the nuggests of actual conversation and data. 

Sigh. There's merit to this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

old days when BvS was a grand conversation piece.

pffft, for me the good old days are still Star Wars IV, E.T., some Indiana Jones, 1989 Batman,...

Ghost was a surprise too.

The first Jurrasic Park, Men in Black came ~ out of nowhere.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding was fun to watch, never made #1, still scratching the head over that one.

The Sixth Sense had insane legs, some years later I really do not understand how the Twilight movies managed to get what the got (shudder)

And so on....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnick said:

Even though, the butthurt from Disney is only growing from many here. I really dont understand the amount of hate Disney is getting !!! You can hate on Marvel, SW but to enjoy the flop of a movie about a cute baby elephant is beyond reason.

Sad-Clown-Dumbo-Header.jpgmagic.gif

Edited by boyamama
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, narniadis said:

This is sad but so true. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Omg, so many bitter and pressed Marvel stans...yikes. What did Shazam do to y'all?

Ugh, I been tryna tell everyone to see it. I've caught it twice already, love it.

Like the DC fans that said CM sucked, had a break even of 750 million and wasn't that successful? FYI I can't wait to see Shazam :)

I didn’t click the first 4 pages of this thread, were people going crazy about the Shazam drop before they realised everything else dropped the same or worse? 

Or was it to do with Captain Marvel going under $1m? 

I’m guessing one of the superhero films was to blame lol 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I didn’t click the first 4 pages of this thread, were people going crazy about the Shazam drop before they realised everything else dropped the same or worse? 

Or was it to do with Captain Marvel going under $1m? 

I’m guessing one of the superhero films was to blame lol 

A Shazam fan freaked out but many pointed out horror films 70% drop was not normal. Dumbo got slaughtered (no surprise, deserved), and after we saw CMs crap number it died down. Everything did bad except Unplanned which had a horrible weekend anyways.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

A Shazam fan freaked out but many pointed out horror films 70% drop was not normal. Dumbo got slaughtered (no surprise, deserved), and after we saw CMs crap number it died down. Everything did bad except Unplanned which had a horrible weekend anyways.

@Krissykins I don’t think the Shazam fans were mainly the ones freaking out. There was at least one person (perhaps several people) jumping on the fact that Shazam dropped 78% to make the point that it was not well liked/received by GA and that the drop was the beginning of the end. I would assume (not certain) that they were Marvel fans. But there were also several level headed folks (Marvel, DC, etc fans alike) who pointed out the fact that Shazam is a family oriented film and that the NCAA championship game likely contributed to the drop. When other numbers came out, particularly CM’s the thread went mostly dark.... very quiet for the most part. 

• Haha 1