sfran43

Monday Numbers: Shazam $3.05M | Pet Sematary $1.59M | US $969K | Dumbo $937K

13 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

@Krissykins I don’t think the Shazam fans were mainly the ones freaking out. There was at least one person (perhaps several people) jumping on the fact that Shazam dropped 78% to make the point that it was not well liked/received by GA and that the drop was the beginning of the end. I would assume (not certain) that they were Marvel fans. But there were also several level headed folks (Marvel, DC, etc fans alike) who pointed out the fact that Shazam is a family oriented film and that the NCAA championship game likely contributed to the drop. When other numbers came out, particularly CM’s the thread went mostly dark.... very quiet for the most part. 

That's inaccurate. The person who was concerned with the 78% drop was not a marvel Stan. Several we're shocked and thought it was dubious that the NCAA championship really affected the numbers. Clearly they we're wrong as every single movie except Unplanned was adversely affected. From the first page I predicted 5+ million a 65% jump for Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

would assume (not certain) that they were Marvel fans

the one that recently nearly always started something like this, is a user that sh... in every thread all over the forum on it. Have not seen any other post, have no idea if he/she is even pro to something.

In my POV not a fan, but a troll.

As usual when a skilled agitator formulates a few newbies got insecure, picked up too early assumptions...

All over BOT:

There is one pro MCU newbie that is so extreme, I already have him/her on ignore, another one who is an anti fem/gay/.... newbie, who already has thread bans and suspension, that some understand as an DC fan.

I would both not call a DC nor a MCU fan, but agitators/trolls as well.

Their agenda often is not the fandom they appear to support or 'fight' against or they are plain ... you'll get the drift.

I shudder what kind of newbies the release of Endgame will bring

Edited by terrestrial
typos
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

That's inaccurate. The person who was concerned with the 78% drop was not a marvel Stan. Several we're shocked and thought it was dubious that the NCAA championship really affected the numbers. Clearly they we're wrong as every single movie except Unplanned was adversely affected. From the first page I predicted 5+ million a 65% jump for Tuesday. 

Okay, to which Shazam/DC fan are you referring? I didn’t see the person to which you’re referring but I will go back in the thread. I did see one penguin- something or the other talking a lot of smack about the drop and comparing it to MCU films that didn’t drop as hard. He/she inferred that Shazam was doomed because it was not well liked. I would say that most people were trying to contextualize the drop. There were and few with other motives as @terrestrial pointed out. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk

4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Okay, to which Shazam/DC fan are you referring? I didn’t see the person to which you’re referring but I will go back in the thread. I did see one penguin- something or the other talking a lot of smack about the drop and comparing it to MCU films that didn’t drop as hard. He/she inferred that Shazam was doomed because it was not receive a high recommend percentage.  I would say that most people were trying to contextualize the drop. There were and few with other motives as @terrestrial pointed out. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
Please delete. Double post

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

will go back in the thread

some posts got deleted, one deleted I think is still to see as a quote (yesterday one was to see). That is the drawback of cleaned up threads, later arrivals see mostly the reactions to strange posts, but not always what caused them.

• Like 1