DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Black Panther knows Clint's name. He cared after all.

Oh yeah that's right. Thanks!!!!

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

For me the biggest surprise cameo was Robert Redford. He must like working with the Russos, since he came out his retirement..he announced that "Old Man With A Gun"would be his last film.... to do that scene as Alexander Pierce.  was totally  not expecting that.

Actually, this is a good question: Had he already filmed his Endgame stuff before Old Man and the Gun?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, doublejack said:

I also disagree with the notion that Loki is back, btw. I think all of the characters that were properly killed are gone at this point, save for Gamora.

Well, there’s a Loki running around somewhere in the multiverse where he shouldn’t be, the one who escaped with the Tesseract in New York, but yeah, the Loki is almost certainly still worm food.

Edited by TServo2049

3 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

Well, there’s a Loki running around somewhere in the multiverse where he shouldn’t be, the one who escaped with the Tesseract in New York, but yeah, the Loki is almost certainly still worm food.

Agreed. However, Captain America was tasked with returning all of the stones to the point in time where they were taken. In theory he should have not only returned the six he possessed in the Stark-gauntlet, but also the second Tesseract that the rogue Loki made off with. If he didn't, that timeline would be altered. I have to assume he did this and hunted down the rogue Loki, returning both to where they belong. He would have had as long as he needed to get that done.

I think some are misinterpreting that scene and thinking Loki was returned to the timeline. Adding to the confusion is the Loki show in development. I think that's going to be some kind of prequel or alternate timeline based show. In the same way, Black Widow is dead and not coming back, and that's why the movie coming out will likely be a prequel. Rumors have claimed for a year now it takes place before IM1. We'll know more when there's a trailer.

2 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Agreed. However, Captain America was tasked with returning all of the stones to the point in time where they were taken. In theory he should have not only returned the six he possessed in the Stark-gauntlet, but also the second Tesseract that the rogue Loki made off with. If he didn't, that timeline would be altered. I have to assume he did this and hunted down the rogue Loki, returning both to where they belong. He would have had as long as he needed to get that done.

I think some are misinterpreting that scene and thinking Loki was returned to the timeline. Adding to the confusion is the Loki show in development. I think that's going to be some kind of prequel or alternate timeline based show. In the same way, Black Widow is dead and not coming back, and that's why the movie coming out will likely be a prequel. Rumors have claimed for a year now it takes place before IM1. We'll know more when there's a trailer.

Loki left the scene but he didn't leave the timeline, so it shouldn't matter. The stones leaving the timeline is what damages the flow of time. I think everyone's looking way too into this Loki scene.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Loki left the scene but he didn't leave the timeline, so it shouldn't matter. The stones leaving the timeline is what damages the flow of time. I think everyone's looking way too into this Loki scene.

That's true. As we saw earlier, Loki gives the Tesseract to Thanos after the events of Thor: Ragnarok. So instead of stealing it from the Vault on Asgaard, Loki gets it several years earlier. There's probably no real impact to that timeline anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doublejack said:

That's true. As we saw earlier, Loki gives the Tesseract to Thanos after the events of Thor: Ragnarok. So instead of stealing it from the Vault on Asgaard, Loki gets it several years earlier. There's probably no real impact to that timeline anyway.

Why is it in the movie, then?

😉

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Why is it in the movie, then?

😉

To add a scene of Tony meeting his father and Steve seeing Carter again and going damn, I want to bang that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

This may have been posted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/movies/avengers-endgame-questions-and-answers.html

This article contains spoilers for “Avengers: Endgame.”

It’s over.

With “Avengers: Endgame,” the two-movie story line that started with “Avengers: Infinity War” is finished, along with the 22-film cycle that represents the Marvel Cinematic Universe to date. And some of the heroes we’ve followed on this decade-long adventure are gone, too.

In the three-hour span of “Endgame,” the Avengers confront and kill Thanos (Josh Brolin), who had used the Infinity Gauntlet to snap away half of all life in the universe. When the story resumes five years later, the Avengers are still left with their grief and remorse — until the unexpected return of Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) kicks off a race back through time to retrieve the Infinity Stones before Thanos could obtain them in the first place. Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) sacrifices her life; a colossal battle ensues; Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) dies; and Captain America (Chris Evans) finds a way to live the life he’d always wanted, reappearing as an old man to entrust his shield to the Falcon (Anthony Mackie).

@MrPink

McFEELY We always had this problem. The guy has the ultimate weapon. He can see it coming. It’s ridiculous. We were just banging our heads for weeks, and at some point, [the executive producer] Trinh Tran went, “Can’t we just kill him?” And we all went, “What happens if you just kill him? Why would you kill him? Why would he let you kill him?” 

• Thanks 2

That scene was amazing and Thor walking away with a sadder version of "Porch" playing. Definitely a subversion of expectations done well.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

This may have been posted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/movies/avengers-endgame-questions-and-answers.html

This article contains spoilers for “Avengers: Endgame.”

It’s over.

With “Avengers: Endgame,” the two-movie story line that started with “Avengers: Infinity War” is finished, along with the 22-film cycle that represents the Marvel Cinematic Universe to date. And some of the heroes we’ve followed on this decade-long adventure are gone, too.

In the three-hour span of “Endgame,” the Avengers confront and kill Thanos (Josh Brolin), who had used the Infinity Gauntlet to snap away half of all life in the universe. When the story resumes five years later, the Avengers are still left with their grief and remorse — until the unexpected return of Ant-Man (Paul Rudd) kicks off a race back through time to retrieve the Infinity Stones before Thanos could obtain them in the first place. Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) sacrifices her life; a colossal battle ensues; Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) dies; and Captain America (Chris Evans) finds a way to live the life he’d always wanted, reappearing as an old man to entrust his shield to the Falcon (Anthony Mackie).

@MrPink

McFEELY We always had this problem. The guy has the ultimate weapon. He can see it coming. It’s ridiculous. We were just banging our heads for weeks, and at some point, [the executive producer] Trinh Tran went, “Can’t we just kill him?” And we all went, “What happens if you just kill him? Why would you kill him? Why would he let you kill him?” 

Yeah it really took you aback as you realized that Thanos pretty much could not be beaten in the current timeline. 

2 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

Actually, this is a good question: Had he already filmed his Endgame stuff before Old Man and the Gun?

OMATG was filmed in April 2017.  Endgame, August 2017.  Seems like he filmed his Endgame scene AFTER OMATG.

Skip to 1:07:15 for strictly Marvel stuff but a great overall interview with Alan Silvestri

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

redford is funny because they made such a fuss about old man and the gun being his last movie but now it's not cos of some dumb little cameo he probably filmed two years ago.

There’s a surprise cameo, in the “Avengers” scene, from Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce. Did you prepare for other scenarios if Redford wasn’t available? 
McFEELY That was one where we thought, should it be Nick Fury? We also wrote a version for Maria Hill. That whole time, they’re announcing “Old Man With a Gun” as Redford’s last appearance on film. It’s the last time you’re going to see Robert Redford. And we’re going — [shoots conspiratorial look at Markus] [Laughter]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I hope McFeely and Markus will talk even more about the planning and rejected ideas for AIW and AE at some point.

I had completely forgotten that the Tesseract was on Asgard in 2013 during T:TDW, meaning that would have been the smarter way to get the Space Stone, instead of the high stakes attempt during the TA Battle of New York in 2012.

Edited by Geveeso

14 minutes ago, Geveeso said:

I hope McFeely and Markus will talk even more about the planning and the rejected rejected idea for AIW and AE at some point.

I had completely forgotten that the Tesseract was on Asgard in 2013 during T:TDW, meaning that would have been the smarter way to get the Space Stone, instead of the high stakes attempt during the Battle of New York in 2012.

But that would mean battling the whole Asgardian army for it?  In NY, at least they can sneak in and snatch it away.

3 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

But that would mean battling the whole Asgardian army for it?  In NY, at least they can sneak in and snatch it away.

I mean, in theory Fat Thor, prince of Asgard, would have been able to walk in and get it without too much hassle. Except maybe from Heimdall (who probably should have popped up asking WTF was up with 2 Thors?).

Just now, Geveeso said:

I mean, in theory Fat Thor, prince of Asgard, would have been able to walk in and get it without too much hassle. Except maybe from Heimdall (who probably should have popped up asking WTF was up with 2 Thors?).

Ohhh right, for Thor's and Rocket's excursion.  Yeah, I guess they didn't think that one through lol.

1 hour ago, CloneWars said:

To add a scene of Tony meeting his father and Steve seeing Carter again and going damn, I want to bang that.

Can't blame the Captain. She still looked damn good.

19 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Can't blame the Captain. She still looked damn good.

Yeah she had to be what 50 in that scene, still looked not a day over 30.

• Like 2