Jump to content
DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Marathon said:

Now that I think of it, a far more intriguing prospect would have been the upcoming MCU movies dealing with a post-IW world instead of this convenient anti-IW-snap EG-snap. Now it feels like all of Thanos' hard work was reversed way too fast for it to have any lasting impact.

They still have to deal with the fact half the population came back 5 years after the snap which is a pretty big deal. I was pleasantly surprised they didn't revert the timeline so that the events of Infinity War never happened.

 

RDJ maybe expensive but he's still the biggest draw for these Avengers films especially OS. Killing him off is still a decision to be commended for. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven’t found a proper explanation for how 2014 Nebula got back to 2023 when she gave her Pym Particle to Thanos. 

I’ve been to see the film three times now and there’s no explanation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I still haven’t found a proper explanation for how 2014 Nebula got back to 2023 when she gave her Pym Particle to Thanos. 

I’ve been to see the film three times now and there’s no explanation. 

 

I believe the Russos said that Thanos had Ebony Maw reverse-engineer them, which yeah, they could have used a line or two of dialogue to set up

Edited by 4815162342

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

 

I believe the Russos said that Thanos had Ebony Maw reverse-engineer them, which yeah, they could have used a line or two of dialogue to set up

True though I guess they thought giving the vial to Thanos was good enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

 

I believe the Russos said that Thanos had Ebony Maw reverse-engineer them, which yeah, they could have used a line or two of dialogue to set up

They did our man Maw dirty :( 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or a shot of Thanos turning to Maw and passing it to him - maybe with one line to indicate he would take a look. 

It’s minor, but it is something you have to imagine happened for it not to be bothersome. In a movie so well written, it’s an annoyance. Still love it though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sam said:

They did our man Maw dirty :( 

 

I was sad that Carrie Coon didn’t get another easy paycheck tbh 😢

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wildphantom said:

I still haven’t found a proper explanation for how 2014 Nebula got back to 2023 when she gave her Pym Particle to Thanos. 

I’ve been to see the film three times now and there’s no explanation. 

I've rewatched "Ant-Man and the Wasp" several times, and I'm going to see "Endgame" for the third time today, but my understanding from both is that you need to use Pym Particles to transport yourself through time. But is that necessarily the case if someone from the present locks onto your "TPS" coordinates and brings you through? With Banner's machine, he ends up pulling 'time through Scott' or something to that effect, but he's also able to control the outcome.

 

EDIT: In addition, the whole reason Scott is stuck in the Quantum Realm is because there is no one there to pull him out of it.

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

 

I believe the Russos said that Thanos had Ebony Maw reverse-engineer them, which yeah, they could have used a line or two of dialogue to set up

The silly thing about explanation is that if Tony Stark can figure out time travel, it's not implausible to say he can also reverse-engineer Pym Particles too. Before they begin, it's not like they're in a rush to accomplish their mission by a certain date, so why not... just make more?

Edited by I Am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, I Am said:

I've rewatched "Ant-Man and the Wasp" several times, and I'm going to see "Endgame" for the third time today, but my understanding from both is that you need to use Pym Particles to transport yourself through time. But is that necessarily the case if someone from the present locks onto your "TPS" coordinates and brings you through? With Banner's machine, he ends up pulling 'time through Scott' or something to that effect, but he's also able to control the outcome.

The silly thing about explanation is that if Tony Stark can figure out time travel, it's not implausible to say he can also reverse-engineer Pym Particles. Before they begin, it's not like they're in a rush to accomplish their mission by a certain date, so why not... just make more?

 

The particles shrink them to the size they need to be. Without them they can’t enter the quantum realm, regardless of whether somebody in the present locks on to their coordinates. 

Thanos clearly has used what Nebula 2014 gave him, but she got back with a phial unseen. If he copied the formula and returned it to her, that’s not implied in the movie we see unfold. It’s a small plot hole in the narrative presented - I can’t see any way around it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sam said:

I would be good with the line up you listed too. Though maybe hopefully Shang-chi also gonna be in the mix. New Big Three Carol/T’Challa/Peter gonna be interesting in terms of dynamic, completely different vibes from our Big Three.

 

I think the big three are going to be Carol, T'Challa and Doctor Strange cause Sony still has Spider-Man. If not for that then they'll totally include him in the big three

16 hours ago, Sam said:

I’m also interested in how they’re gonna incorporate the leftover OG6 into future installments of Avengers, particularly Clint and Bruce.

 

Cap, Tony and Nat are gone. Thor is going to be with GOTG for Vol3 and maybe something more. Hawkeye is going to retire and his daughter will become a New Avenger in Phase 5-6 or maybe just for a TV show. Hulk is the biggest question mark, really don't know what they'll do with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanos was just having a peaceful breakfast and Avengers interrupted him and chopped his head off, how rude!! Wait until the poor man has eaten at least. 

 

My predictions for Phase 4: 

2020: Black Widow and The Eternals

2021: Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 3, Shang-Chi and Doctor Strange 2 

2022: Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Giant-Man and the Wasp (Ant-Man 3) 

2023: Spider-Man 3, Avengers 5 and Fantastic Four

 

Really curious as to which direction they'll head the MCU now, expect Phase 4 to be like Phase 1-2 and then Phase 5-6 to be like Phase 3 with X-Men and Fantastic Four introductions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My second viewing was great.  Very emotional.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

Thanos was just having a peaceful breakfast and Avengers interrupted him and chopped his head off, how rude!! Wait until the poor man has eaten at least. 

 

My predictions for Phase 4: 

2020: Black Widow and The Eternals

2021: Guardians of the Galaxy. Vol 3, Shang-Chi and Doctor Strange 2 

2022: Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Giant-Man and the Wasp (Ant-Man 3) 

2023: Spider-Man 3, Avengers 5 and Fantastic Four

 

Really curious as to which direction they'll head the MCU now, expect Phase 4 to be like Phase 1-2 and then Phase 5-6 to be like Phase 3 with X-Men and Fantastic Four introductions.

 

 

 

They need to do a silver surfer movie ASAP. And Namor too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

 

The particles shrink them to the size they need to be. Without them they can’t enter the quantum realm, regardless of whether somebody in the present locks on to their coordinates. 

Thanos clearly has used what Nebula 2014 gave him, but she got back with a phial unseen. If he copied the formula and returned it to her, that’s not implied in the movie we see unfold. It’s a small plot hole in the narrative presented - I can’t see any way around it. 

Yeah, that's how I took it the first time I saw the movie, but it's such a flimsy premise I wanted to sort out a better in-universe explanation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, langer said:

My second viewing was great.  Very emotional.  

On my second time, my eyes definitely welled up at parts where you wouldn't think they would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

 

They need to do a silver surfer movie ASAP. And Namor too. 

The Namor thing has never been officially conclusively answered, has it? The entire Internet seems to claim that Universal still has movie rights to Namor that they acquired pre-MCU and never reverted to Marvel. However, Feige has alternately shot that down and said that Marvel Studios does have Namor, but also more recently said that they indeed have to work out some complicated situation with Universal. So who knows at this point?

Edited by TServo2049

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sam said:

They did our man Maw dirty :( 

 

At least he didn't get taken out by an Aliens gag this time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

 

They need to do a silver surfer movie ASAP. And Namor too. 

I think that line from Okoye about underwater earthquakes is a hint about Namor being the next BP villain, which I’m very down for. Silver Surfer probably won’t come until Phase 5, after the FF have been established.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nick64 said:

I think that line from Okoye about underwater earthquakes is a hint about Namor being the next BP villain, which I’m very down for. Silver Surfer probably won’t come until Phase 5, after the FF have been established.

 

I heard the Namor theory and that's very cool if they do it. 

 

I refuse to wait for Silver Surfer. He has such a great tragic story and sets up one of my favorite villains...Galactus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.