Jump to content
DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

Absolutely. I think shawarma may still be my favorite post-credit scene. Just a dialogue-free, static shot of the Avengers eating beats all the teases for future movies in the entire series.

Oh yeah, that’s still the best MCU post credit scene for sure. And funniest without trying. 

 

Other than that one, I would say my honorable mentions are the iconic “I’m here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative” and Cap’s “Patience is a virtue” lecture. 

 

 Those are the ones that stuck with me, I have a hard time recalling the rest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sam said:

Oh yeah, that’s still the best MCU post credit scene for sure. And funniest without trying. 

 

Other than that one, I would say my honorable mentions are the iconic “I’m here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative” and Cap’s “Patience is a virtue” lecture. 

 

 Those are the ones that stuck with me, I have a hard time recalling the rest.

You have to add baby Groot as a top post/mid credit scene.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, acetabulum said:

You have to add baby Groot as a top post/mid credit scene.

I forgot that somehow, my mistake. Avengers eating shawarma still edges it out though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, I Am said:

And they're being tots honest right now - not because Disney wants them to talk about "alternate timelines" so they can keep people's hopes alive for Chris Evans's reappearance in case MCU popularity starts to dip. 🙄

 

They had multiple opportunities to leave open alternate timelines in the film we that we saw, and they didn't.

"Clip all the branches. Got it."

...

"Mission accomplished."

 

Unless they admit they made a mistake with the inclusion of these scenes that blatantly suggest otherwise, in the movie we watched, there are no alternate timelines at the end. This is further supported by the fact the writers intended it to be this way, and specifically referenced a part in the film as evidence. 

What I don't understand is if removing an infinity stone is the ONLY thing that creates new, separate timeline and returning the stone to that divergent timeline is the only thing that will cause it to merge back with ours (and I've read your posts and agree that that's what the scenes with Banner/Ancient One and Banner/Cap at the end are saying, and it's weird that the some of the filmmakers seem to be suggesting otherwise), what would actually HAPPEN if The Avengers went back and killed little baby Thanos? Like, if it doesn't create a new timeline and it doesn't alter our present then what would it actually DO? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

What I don't understand is if removing an infinity stone is the ONLY thing that creates new, separate timeline and returning the stone to that divergent timeline is the only thing that will cause it to merge back with ours (and I've read your posts and agree that that's what the scenes with Banner/Ancient One and Banner/Cap at the end are saying, and it's weird that the some of the filmmakers seem to be suggesting otherwise), what would actually HAPPEN if The Avengers went back and killed little baby Thanos? Like, if it doesn't create a new timeline and it doesn't alter our present then what would it actually DO? 

First of all, that's horrible...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did anyone else notice Mantis jump onscreen for half a second during the big fight then jump offscreen right after? It's in the corner of the screen really early into the fight, she jumps on some rubble, doesn't fight anyone and does a Power Rangers pose or something then just jumps offscreen. It's fucking hilarious, I swear other people in the theater were laughing at it.

 

Also Professor Hulk suuuucks lol, bring back regular Hulk. I do kinda like him in that "so lame he's great" way and I love that even in the movie everyone prefers Banner/Hulk the way they were. But didn't do jack shit during the fight and throwing a bench into a lake? PLEASE. PLEASE. 

 

thats_a_bitch_ass_move.gif

Edited by MOVIEGUY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Captain Marvel is capable of traveling near the speed of light, isn’t it? If that’s the case the time dilation could be an explanation for the Captain Marvel absence in earth all of these years? 🤔 even tho they gave us another explanation.

Maybe I’m confused and that’s not how it works :ph34r: 

Edited by raulbalarezo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She must be able to travel a lot faster than light (she's made of tesseract after all), because otherwise Tony and Nebula would die of oxgen deprivation :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

 

Personally never gotten such goosebumps watching a scene like Avengers Assemble since maybe ROTK.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JimiQ said:

She must be able to travel a lot faster than light (she's made of tesseract after all), because otherwise Tony and Nebula would die of oxgen deprivation :D

 

Either that, or she can jump into hyperspace. Won't be getting to other stars otherwise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw it a second time on Sunday and the 1st and 3rd act really grew on me. Now its more like a 9/10 than an 8.

 

That final battle has to be one of the most rewatchable scenes of the whole MCU. Like there are surely hundreds of things that you could miss by cloing your eyes for 3 seconds. Amazing stuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that final battle won’t be able to be fully dissected until there’s a 4K Blu-Ray and people start freeze-framing it.

 

For example, I don’t think anybody has found Kraglin yet, but he’s got to be there. Sean Gunn is credited as playing both on-set Rocket and Kraglin, and also I see him in the giant cast/crew photo taken during the final battle shoot, and he looks like he’s costumed/made up as Kraglin there too (and with a silver Yondu-style mohawk, though just the regular one, not the big fin). There has to be at least one shot where he shows up.

 

I would also love to see what was shot for the battle but not used. With so much going on, even if the Russos say there’s only 2-3 minutes of deleted scenes, that final battle must have had all sorts of takes and angles and various business that didn’t end up used. With so much CGI, they obviously wouldn’t have been taken all the way to completion, but between storyboards, pre-viz and what was actually shot, there’s got to be stuff on the cutting room floor. Even if it’s just people play-fighting against nothing, or stand-ins for CGI characters, it’d be fun to see whether they filmed more shots of Kraglin (if he’s done up like Yondu, was he ever meant to do some arrow-whistling?) or Mantis, or Proxima Midnight (who shows up before the battle, though I don’t see either Carrie Coon or a double in that big photo), or M’Baku, or Bucky, or Drax (who, besides the shot of him jumping on that big guy’s back, I presume didn’t just stand still and turn invisible for the rest of the battle). I’d even be interested in any clips of Ruffalo in the mocap suit doing un-CGI’ed Professor Hulk fight business that didn’t make the cut.

Edited by TServo2049

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

I would also love to see what was shot for the battle but not used. With so much going on, even if the Russos say there’s only 2-3 minutes of deleted scenes, that final battle must have had all sorts of takes and angles and various business that didn’t end up used. With so much CGI, they obviously wouldn’t have been taken all the way to completion, but between storyboards, pre-viz and what was actually shot, there’s got to be stuff on the cutting room floor. Even if it’s just people play-fighting against nothing, or stand-ins for CGI characters, it’d be fun to see whether they filmed more shots of Kraglin (if he’s done up like Yondu, was he ever meant to do some arrow-whistling?) or Mantis, or Proxima Midnight, or M’Baku, or Bucky, or Drax (who, besides the shot of him jumping on that big guy’s back, I presume didn’t just stand still and turn invisible for the rest of the battle). I’d even be interested in any clips of Ruffalo in the mocap suit doing un-CGI’ed Professor Hulk fight business that didn’t make the cut.

I think the writers said (once again, contradicting the Russos) that the final battle itself was originally written and shot with its own three-act structure.  There's a whole scene where everyone's together in hollowed-out building/cave area figuring out their next move (that's probably what you see in the behind the scenes videos that the cast have been leaking)...and that didn't even make it into the movie.

 

I'm sure there's a lot of unused stuff sitting there, some of which we won't see until a 10th anniversary edition years later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sam said:

 

 

Thanks guys!

 

I love that whole brainstorming sequence! That, together with the party scene in Ultron, are epitomes of Avengers being actual teammates and friends. Them avenging stuff is cool and all, but those scenes are what an Avengers fan like me lives for.

Yeah, them when battle are comrades, them when chit-chat are family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

 

 

 

Personally never gotten such goosebumps watching a scene like Avengers Assemble since maybe ROTK.

Tell me about it!  I haven't experienced anything like it either in theaters since maybe Yoda/Dooku lightsaber fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

Yeah, that final battle won’t be able to be fully dissected until there’s a 4K Blu-Ray and people start freeze-framing it.

 

For example, I don’t think anybody has found Kraglin yet, but he’s got to be there. Sean Gunn is credited as playing both on-set Rocket and Kraglin, and also I see him in the giant cast/crew photo taken during the final battle shoot, and he looks like he’s costumed/made up as Kraglin there too (and with a silver Yondu-style mohawk, though just the regular one, not the big fin). There has to be at least one shot where he shows up.

 

I would also love to see what was shot for the battle but not used. With so much going on, even if the Russos say there’s only 2-3 minutes of deleted scenes, that final battle must have had all sorts of takes and angles and various business that didn’t end up used. With so much CGI, they obviously wouldn’t have been taken all the way to completion, but between storyboards, pre-viz and what was actually shot, there’s got to be stuff on the cutting room floor. Even if it’s just people play-fighting against nothing, or stand-ins for CGI characters, it’d be fun to see whether they filmed more shots of Kraglin (if he’s done up like Yondu, was he ever meant to do some arrow-whistling?) or Mantis, or Proxima Midnight (who shows up before the battle, though I don’t see either Carrie Coon or a double in that big photo), or M’Baku, or Bucky, or Drax (who, besides the shot of him jumping on that big guy’s back, I presume didn’t just stand still and turn invisible for the rest of the battle). I’d even be interested in any clips of Ruffalo in the mocap suit doing un-CGI’ed Professor Hulk fight business that didn’t make the cut.

Here's an exhaustive list of who appeared in Endgame and in what context.  

Kraglin is on there, but still no actual commenters saying they specifically saw him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That said I'm seeing it for the 2nd time tonight and will do my absolute best to see if I can find him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.