Jump to content

Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, Sam said:

I’m sorry that you had to witness that lol.

 

Remember that big movement in 2014 after TWS about giving Cap a boyfriend? Yeah, imagine the riot if somehow they had given Cap a boyfriend and it’s not Emo lol.

 

Marvel Tumblr was hilarious and entertaining after The Avengers release in 2012, but it headed downhill after TWS and went to total crap after CW, all because of that one fandom. Since IW and especially after EG, I think it’s looking up again.

This reminds me that we haven't seen Emily VanCamp's Sharon Carter since Civil War lmao. You could clearly tell they tried to make her a love interest for Cap since Peggy was so old but in the end rightfully figured it was never gonna work because Evans and VanCamp had no chemistry with each other, a comparison made even worse by how much he and Atwell had in the first Captain America. Heck, he and Stan even had more chemistry together across all of the movies.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

"We might not hit $3 billion.  Put EVERY MONEY SHOT in the marketing right now, damn it!"  😉

 

tumblr_pr77afNvfH1tctq75o2_540.giftumblr_pr77afNvfH1tctq75o1_540.gif

tumblr_pr77afNvfH1tctq75o5_540.gif

tumblr_pr77afNvfH1tctq75o6_540.giftumblr_pr7iljrwsR1y9kq3to1_540.gif

tumblr_pr7iljrwsR1y9kq3to4_540.gif

 

 

 

 

Gorgeous. What a great scene! I got choked up as all the heroes appeared through the portals and assembled.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This reminds me that we haven't seen Emily VanCamp's Sharon Carter since Civil War lmao. You could clearly tell they tried to make her a love interest for Cap since Peggy was so old but in the end rightfully figured it was never gonna work because Evans and VanCamp had no chemistry with each other, a comparison made even worse by how much he and Atwell had in the first Captain America. Heck, he and Stan even had more chemistry together across all of the movies.

I don’t think it’s the problem of chemistry, it’s more the ultra icky factor of her being Peggy’s niece that just instantly killed any cute romantic vibes.

 

If they had just simply keep her a strong badass SHIELD agent with clear moral compass, who Steve came to admire and wanted to became something more with, that would be neat imo.

 

But I guess, when you connect Cap’s whole story that’s been written by Markus/McFeely since TFA, and concluded in EG, it seems like her being a Carter and how he immediately drawn to her after discovering that fact, was used as a way to show that Steve never really truly moved on, not just from Peggy but from his old life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

"We might not hit $3 billion.  Put EVERY MONEY SHOT in the marketing right now, damn it!"  😉

 

 

Well, Russo Bros already said spoilers ban was lifted after second weekend IIRC. I am not hoping for $3B, but I am rooting for it to surpass Avatar WW, which is by no mean locked. Yesterday I went for my third viewing. I plan to see it two more times in IMAX to contribute a tiny amount towards its record breaking.

Edited by justvision

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the most beautiful shot in the movie is when the army of Thanos was on the Cliff and Cap was standing alone with a broken Shield. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would say the most beautiful shot in the movie is when the army of Thanos was on the Cliff and Cap was standing alone with a broken Shield. 

This. Wallpaper worthy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the most beautiful shot in the movie was Steve, with the shield in on hand and hammer in other, looking up at Carol wrecking Thanos’ war ship. High Art. 

  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sam said:

I don’t think it’s the problem of chemistry, it’s more the ultra icky factor of her being Peggy’s niece that just instantly killed any cute romantic vibes.

 

If they had just simply keep her a strong badass SHIELD agent with clear moral compass, who Steve came to admire and wanted to became something more with, that would be neat imo.

 

But I guess, when you connect Cap’s whole story that’s been written by Markus/McFeely since TFA, and concluded in EG, it seems like her being a Carter and how he immediately drawn to her after discovering that fact, was used as a way to show that Steve never really truly moved on, not just from Peggy but from his old life.

 

Well at least the MCU officially has its “Leia kisses Luke” moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys understand that niece isn't a blood relative, right? It's not even like a cousin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

You guys understand that niece isn't a blood relative, right? It's not even like a cousin.

...yes it is... my sister’s daughter is my niece. How is that not a blood relative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

You guys understand that niece isn't a blood relative, right? It's not even like a cousin.

Is this an inside joke I'm missing?  I mean, clearly a niece is an even closer blood relation than a cousin.  If we're cousins, we share a common set of grandparents, so we're related by a pair of people two generations removed from both of us.  If you're my niece, your grandparents are my parents, so we share a couple that is two generations removed from you but only one generation removed from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andrewgr said:

Is this an inside joke I'm missing?  I mean, clearly a niece is an even closer blood relation than a cousin.  If we're cousins, we share a common set of grandparents, so we're related by a pair of people two generations removed from both of us.  If you're my niece, your grandparents are my parents, so we share a couple that is two generations removed from you but only one generation removed from me.

It's Peggy's niece meaning daughter of her sister/brother. That has no blood relation to Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JimiQ said:

It's Peggy's niece meaning daughter of her sister/brother. That has no blood relation to Steve

Of course there's no relation to Steve, he's not related to Peggy either.  If it was Peggy's daughter, he still wouldn't be related to her.  If it was Peggy's twin sister, he wouldn't be related to her. 

 

I guess I don't understand the point you're trying to make.  It was never a situation of incest, it was just a matter of how creepy you find the idea of a relative "substituting" for another relative as a romantic interest; I think a lot of people would find the idea of a daughter substituting for a mother kinda creepy, some smaller number of people would find a niece creepy, and almost no one would find a 3rd cousin twice removed to be creepy.  But it's a psychologically based creepiness, not a genetic (incest) creepiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nick64 said:

...yes it is... my sister’s daughter is my niece. How is that not a blood relative?

But your wife's sister's daughter has no blood relation to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andrewgr said:

Of course there's no relation to Steve, he's not related to Peggy either.  If it was Peggy's daughter, he still wouldn't be related to her.  If it was Peggy's twin sister, he wouldn't be related to her. 

 

I guess I don't understand the point you're trying to make.  It was never a situation of incest, it was just a matter of how creepy you find the idea of a relative "substituting" for another relative as a romantic interest; I think a lot of people would find the idea of a daughter substituting for a mother kinda creepy, some smaller number of people would find a niece creepy, and almost no one would find a 3rd cousin twice removed to be creepy.  But it's a psychologically based creepiness, not a genetic (incest) creepiness.

Well someone compared it to Luke and Leia kiss, which it isn't. This is more like if I found out that few years ago my wife kissed my nephew, who is (hypothetically) roguhly her age. I don't find it disturbing in the slightest

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sharon Carter isn't Peggy Carter's niece. She's Peggy's great-niece.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think there's a litttttle more wiggle room with Cap since he was frozen for 70 years and had to start life all over again.  That's like us waking up in 2089; imagine how much the world will have changed from today.

Edited by acetabulum
grammar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.