DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

It could also be a different take where he performed it slightly differently. They do film multiple takes of a scene, after all.

Though I don’t see frames where his mouth is open so you could well be right too.

Otherschave raised the possibility of multiple takes, but refuted by the timestamps of the clips that were so close together, which means this is a capture of a single continuous clip. Being shared by RDJ, I doubt he pieced together various captures from different takes. So this is likely from the original take of only the snap, rather than the January reshoot of "snappy remark + snapping".

I hope Endgame Bluray will include the original take that has no "I am Iron Man" for comparison.

Edited by justvision

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Oh gosh. He looked fine in the movie, but that bald cap...oof. :blink:

Chris Evans should never go bald. Needs to keep up with whatever he’s doing for that receding hairline lol

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, so it WAS makeup! I thought I read it was enhanced by CGI, but most of what we got on screen looks to be taking shape already. (I just can’t stop looking at prosthetic turkey neck, it looks so convincing.)

I’m wondering, was this a test, or is this the final makeup and they put a wig on top of it?

Edited by TServo2049

25 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Chris Evans should never go bald. Needs to keep up with whatever he’s doing for that receding hairline lol

It's something most of us men are cursed with. There's nothing you can do. Just own it.

56 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

Oh, so it WAS makeup! I thought I read it was enhanced by CGI, but most of what we got on screen looks to be taking shape already. (I just can’t stop looking at prosthetic turkey neck, it looks so convincing.)

I’m wondering, was this a test, or is this the final makeup and they put a wig on top of it?

I read it was a mix of both, real makeup but with CGI to slim him down a bit.

10 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

I think it should have been his left hand that snapped the gauntlet, after all the punishment it's got through all the movies.

I was thinking that too, but then the first Iron Man it was his right arm that got punished, so... I dunno.

10 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Reading way too much into it but I think RDJ had some reservations about them killing off Tony in this film. 

On the other hands, actors absolutely love death scenes. As one great actor said, if you can't make a well written death scens work, you need to find a new profession.

BTW after that Spidey"FFH trailer I think all spoiler restrictions for this site on Endgame should be dropped. I think the cat ib pretty much out of the bag on most of the major spoilers anyway.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/back-future-writer-likes-avengers-endgame-references-1209653

'Back to the Future' Writer "Delighted" By Those 'Avengers: Endgame' References

"I was delighted to learn from Endgame that all of the Marvel superheroes are fans of Back to the Future," Gale told The Hollywood Reporter. "I knew our movie had been seen in almost every part of our world, but I had no idea we'd been playing in other parts of the multi-verse too."

Gale had some fun with the news Endgame doing so well at the box office. 

"Now I need to find out if we're owed some money from those multi-verse theatrical runs, and if not, why my contract didn't cover those territories!" he joked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, shayhiri said:

No other way to go but DOWN now - or, the inevitable downfall of the MCU post 2020

This is a Shay treatise in the making you'll have the honour of reading first, as it's being created.

Highlights include:

1. The MCU couldn't even take the crown - neither the Domestic, nor the Worldwide, beaten by legends like JJ's Star Wars and the Lord Himself's Avatar.

2. The incredible 2 decades' long accumulation of creative talent and the public's good will only got the MCU so far - and will now effectively destroy itself, because it is impossible to replicate, now that most of the classic heroes are history.

3. Knowing full well the MCU is a dead horse now, instead of further beating it, Disney wisely jumps ship to a worthier vessel: Avatar, non-RianJohnnson Star Wars, etc. - which is exactly what we've witnessed with their latest announcement of release dates.

4. DC swiftly moves in the now open Superhero niche with smart movies like Aquaman 2, 3 & 4.

TBC

PS: Only serious responses, please.

At some point the MCU will go into decline. Nothing lasts forever.

Yours Truly,

The Simpsons

PS. Maybe the 32nd season will be the last for the show. Ask in 2021

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Stuckies be like “0/10. Would not let Bucky bang.” *throw tantrums and jump ship*

10 hours ago, Deja23 said:

@MrPink would know some good tips

Finally got a chance to rewatch. 2nd Act shot up from least favourite to favourite. Nat and Tony's death got me worse this time around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Stuckies be like “0/10. Would not let Bucky bang.” *throw tantrums and jump ship*

@MrPink would know some good tips

give up and embrace death 

• Haha 1

It says Stark Industries on it.   I guess this the new shield Tony was working on in S:HC.

(when he was supposedly still angry at Steve - and carrying his flip phone everywhere)

• Like 5

Seeing this a second time today with my younger sister. She hasn't seen it yet and managed to make it until yesterday afternoon avoiding spoilers, but she then got spoiled about Tony. 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

3c4eb7f6b6d760800.gif

Edited by Horner
  • Like 7

I was actually pretty open to the idea that people would lose interest in the MCU post Endgame.  I'd seen the sentiment enough online that I had considered it a possibility at least, even if I was skeptical after hearing for years from people how tired they are of superhero movies, only for superhero movies to reach ever greater heights at the box office.

Far From Home has dramatically refuted that idea, though.  Yeah, sure, nothing lasts forever, but given how much interest we're seeing for FFH, I don't see the MCU declining in the foreseeable future.