Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

22 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

- Kevin Feige

Sam Rockwell reading this

hizh3ia.jpg

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my face right now

tim-blake-nelson-turning-into-the-leader

Both to return in Thunderbolts 2022 :) 

• Haha 1

Q:

Cap lifting Mjolnir was one of the strongest (crowd-cheering) moments in Endgame. Does he become worthy in that moment or has he been worthy for a while since, say, Avengers: Age of Ultron?

A:

We think he was always worthy and was being polite in Age of Ultron.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

I love that is THE CANON ANSWER.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Q: 

Hello Kevin

Who is noobmaster69?

A: Aren't we all a little noobmaster69?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

nandovmovies - Hey Kevin! Do you have a favorite individual scene from any of the MCU movies?

KevFeige -

There are too many to list, but I will say my entire MCU career was building up to that "on your left" moment in Endgame.

Martin Starr was both in the Incredible Hulk (very briefly in the computer lab) and in Spider-Man: Homecoming as Peter Parker’s debate coach. Can we assume these are the same people?

I do.

• Like 2

:rofl:

The Russos and Markus/McFeely have recently shared some contradicting interpretations of Endgame's ending with Cap; whether he grows old in an alternate timeline or he grows old in the main MCU one, making him the father of Peggy's kids in Winter Soldier. Can you give us a definite canon answer for this?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

lol he's one of the subreddit mods

How early was the plot of Infinity War/Endgame being planned out? When was it decided to make it two parts where Thanos wins at first and what were some of the earliest plot points decided upon?

EDIT: Also how were certain deaths decided upon? Namely Natasha and Tony.

We started discussing how to adapt the Infinity Gauntlet comic soon after the release of the first Avengers. It was on one of our creative retreats about 5 years ago that we decided to do it as two films. We started to crack the specifics of the story during production on Civil War with Chris Markus and Stephen McFeely, Joe and Anthony Russo, in a conference room as we went back and forth between takes.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Link to Kevin Feige's AMAA

I didn't see anyone ask about whether what Bruce and Nat talked about after he snapped would be explored or brought up in the future. 😔

When it came time for Tony Stark’s goodbye, Downey was the one who decided he shouldn’t say anything at all.

So Tony is silent while Tom Holland’s Peter Parker clings to him, while Don Cheadle’s War Machine stands beside him, while Gwyneth Paltrow’s Pepper Potts (shielded in the Rescue armor he built her) comforts him with the promise that she and their daughter will be okay.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/avengers-endgame-iron-man/

Great restraint and awareness by RDJ - knowing that his silence would hit harder

I'd argue with the writer though that Pepper is saying everyone will be OK, not just her and her daughter  - who would have been fine if he'd left it all alone.  That's not who Tony was still tormented over.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/26/avengers-endgame-iron-man/

Great restraint and awareness by RDJ - knowing that his silence would hit harder

I'd argue with the writer though that Pepper is saying everyone will be OK, not just her and her daughter  - who would have been fine if he'd left it all alone.  That's not who Tony was still tormented over.

Tony actually does say, "Hey, Pep," but barely in a whisper.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

LMFAO, the person I saw AEG in NYC with made that gif set. 

Edited by captainwondyful
In NYC with. Fix those typos.
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:
tumblr_pqyp7uHEyv1ql19dso3_540.gif
tumblr_pqyp7uHEyv1ql19dso2_r1_540.gif
tumblr_pqyp7uHEyv1ql19dso4_r1_540.gif
tumblr_pqyp7uHEyv1ql19dso1_540.gif

That is America's ass.

• Like 6

That fight scene is great fun but there's a continuity problem unless Steve (2012) had a spare suit he changed into after Shwarma.  By the end of the movie his uniform was scorched and dirty and he'd lost the cowl.

“‘Endgame’ is amazing,” George R.R. Martin wrote. “Kudos to the writers and director. I cannot believe they got all those characters into one film and still managed to do them all justice. The final battle was epic, exciting, thrilling, full of twists and turns and strangely beautiful. But the character scenes earlier in the film really made it for me. The opening with Hawkeye, the Ant-Man scenes, Tony Stark’s moments communing with his helm…so many more.”

Martin continued, “There’s plenty of action here, but this is not just A Big Dumb Action movie, of which there are far too many these days. Stan Lee would have been proud. Could he ever have dreamed that all those characters he and Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko and the rest of the Marvel team created in the early 60s would one day come to dominate global culture? There’s an amazing story for you.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/george-rr-martin-avengers-endgame-review-big-dumb-action-movie-1202141947/?fbclid=IwAR2hxDsseSgD8jkHdVZbTrigkddAI1NctZQ1gw9dTq-3hYdOjnrH7LIYpd0

If only GOT's own Endgame was as good :hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1