DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Nice posters. There will be a dedicated SDCC thread next week, right? The last important one was 2017 and I wasn’t around at the time.

On 6/11/2019 at 9:37 PM, shayhiri said:

You fannerds see how the last Xmen is doing right now and all the love it is getting from audiences?

Well, you're looking at the MCU, post Endgame. Free window into the future.

Shay out.

Hi shay, Far from home, a MCU movie post Endgame, is making a billion.

• Haha 4

On 6/29/2019 at 4:31 AM, eddyxx said:

3rd act is best part of the movie. 

No.

It's like a video game cut-scene - but a bit worse.

• ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Hi shay, Far from home, a MCU movie post Endgame, is making a billion.

And hello to you, little piglet.

But no, as much as I would like it to**, what you say isn't exactly so. Spidey 3.2 is definitely not post Endgame. It is not only officially Phase 3, but it is also practically Avengers 3.3, where Endgame was Avengers 3.2.

What I was saying about the inevitable and nasty downfall of Marvel concerns MCU's Phase 4 and Phase 5 - and especially Phase 6. There ain't gonna be Phase 7, because Phase 6 will be disastrous.

It took Marvel 3 Phases to get to the the nerdy top - it would take them exactly the same amount to self destruct and go back to mom's basement. But problems will start as early as Phase 4. Despite 2020 being the worse possible and least competitive year ever in the history of cinema, both of Marvel releases will struggle and disappoint.

I would not necessarily enjoy this, because I like Black Widow, but Eternals sounds like useless junk.

** BTW, I do enjoy Spidey2. I like it much better than Endgame, can you guess why?

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

And hello to you, little piglet.

But no, as much as I would like it to**, what you say isn't exactly so. Spidey 3.2 is definitely not post Endgame. It is not only officially Phase 3, but it is also practically Avengers 3.3, where Endgame was Avengers 3.2.

What I was saying about the inevitable and nasty downfall of Marvel concerns MCU's Phase 4 and Phase 5 - and especially Phase 6. There ain't gonna be Phase 7, because Phase 6 will be disastrous.

It took Marvel 3 Phases to get to the the nerdy top - it would take them exactly the same amount to self destruct and go back to mom's basement. But the problems will start as early as Phase 4. Despite 2020 being the worse and least competitive year in the history of cinema, both of Marvel releases will struggle and disappoint.

I would not necessarily enjoy this, because I like Black Widow, but Eternals sounds like useless junk.

** BTW, I do enjoy Spidey2. I like it much better than Endgame, can you guess why?

I can almost hear you foaming at the mouth.

• Thanks 1

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/19/avengers-endgame-thanos-cut-off-captain-america-head/

Forget his beard — Captain America almost lost his head.

During a visit to EW’s San Diego Comic-Con video studio Friday, Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo discussed a shocking plot point that they once hoped to include in the film. Late in the movie, the 2014 version of Thanos (Josh Brolin) would have massacred all the Avengers, only to then come to the present and throw the severed head of Captain America (Chris Evans) at the feet of our heroes.

“We clung to that story line for so long just for that moment of Thanos walking through a portal and dropping Captain America’s severed head,” Anthony said.

Added Joe, “We had most of the script working except for the third act, because Anthony and I were clinging to this concept that we wanted Thanos to walk up to the Avengers and throw Captain America’s head on the ground. We couldn’t give up on it, and finally we said, ‘All right, what if we don’t do that, can we find another way into the third act?’ And that’s when it turned into what it is now.”

The brothers dismissed the notion that the twist would have been too dark, with Anthony pointing out, “Thanos is a rough dude.”

:o

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)

That decapitation thing was not a bad idea, but instead of Cap's, Thanos should have thrown Thor's, in a kind of symmetry or reciprocity to Thor's "going for the head" in the beginning of Endgame. This would have been more dark gritty 🙄.

Also

Spoiler

After 2023 Thor saw his 2014 decapitated head, he had bouts of vomiting, and his pot belly suddenly shrunk 🙂

Edited by justvision

Official GAG Reel (only half of it actually) - so not a spoiler - but taking no chances

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Guess we're starting to get HD gif sets here with the digital release imminent.

I love Loki sassing Hulk here despite just having been rag-dolled by him.

Seriously, the relationship between Loki and Hulk is one of te most interesting and under appreciated in MCU. It evolved from enemies in The Avengers, to frenemies in Thor: Ragnarok to friends in A:IW (alas, only first 10 minutes).

I hope Hulk/Bruce Banner come back in a few episodes of Disney+ Loki TV show.

Edited by justvision

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

tumblr_pvdhi3TPcq1tt6g9yo1_540.gif

tumblr_pvdhi3TPcq1tt6g9yo2_540.gif

tumblr_pvdhi3TPcq1tt6g9yo3_540.gif

I like how Tony is completely startled here, but Bruce quickly takes it in stride, because he's been avoiding strong emotional responses for so long that it's just habit.

That look of Tony on Rocket, and Rocket turning away from his gaze 😀. I wish the tech duo had more interaction in Endgame.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

*sees uproar on Twitter over fake Joe Russo quote*

*sees the Russo Brothers make fun of it on Twitter*

*sees Twitter get into even MORE of an uproar over that*

*reflects*

Remind me again how Star Wars fans are supposed to be the insane and unreasonable ones? :lol:

(the truth is, of course, EVERY fandom has unreasonable elements.  Every damn last one ;))

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

42 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*sees uproar on Twitter over fake Joe Russo quote*

*sees the Russo Brothers make fun of it on Twitter*

*sees Twitter get into even MORE of an uproar over that*

*reflects*

Remind me again how Star Wars fans are supposed to be the insane and unreasonable ones? :lol:

(the truth is, of course, EVERY fandom has unreasonable elements.  Every damn last one ;))

Would you like me to direct you to the TLJ thread. :rock:

But true, all hard core fan bases have their nutters. The worst part is they're so fucking humorless.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Would you like me to direct you to the TLJ thread. :rock:

Oh you think insane fans are your ally?  But you merely viewed the TLJ thread; I took part in it, moulded by it.  I didn't see rational discussion until I was already a man, but by then it was nothing to me but NOISE!  The fans betray you, because they belong to me!

Spoiler

Or something like that, at any rate.

Spoiler

I think I'm forgetting something here.

Spoiler

Oh yes.

@MrPink :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I feed on the tears of people complaining about Tony’s death. 

Easy there Cartman. :sadno:

• Haha 1