DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

As more reactions are pouring in, I will be SHOCKED if there is anything close to a TLJ backlash.

Call it the Baumer Principle:  Fanservice = Butts in the seats.

From what I can tell, this movie is chock full of fanservice and epic battles.

The more I hear, the more I think the GA is gonna eat this up.

• Like 1

Just now, Porthos said:

As more reactions are pouring in, I will be SHOCKED if there is anything close to a TLJ backlash.

there won't be

final battle will cause orgasms in theater

Tony's death will cause literal weeping in theater

only maybe later some people might notice the plot holes or Cap being rather selfish in the end but probably well after they watch the movie three times maybe

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Depends on whrther or not the fans are willing to accept a real, actual, "He or SHe won't be back somehow" deaths of amajor, fan favorite characters. I have my doubts. The individual here who seems upset that Marvel would DARE to kill off a major heroine is an example.

My concern is how well it's handled.

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

there won't be

final battle will cause orgasms in theater

Tony's death will cause literal weeping in theater

only maybe later some people might notice the plot holes or Cap being rather selfish in the end but probably well after they watch the movie three times maybe

Why would  people cry?

Just now, dudalb said:

Depends on whrther or not the fans are willing to accept a real, actual, "He or SHe won't be back somehow" deaths of amajor, fan favorite characters. I have my doubts. The individual here who seems upset that Marvel would DARE to kill off a major heroine is an example.

My concern is how well it's handled.

I brought up Baumer and fanservice deliberately though.  I recall one of his biggest gripes about TLJ was the lack of what he considered "fanservice".  

I think you don't give CBM fans in general enough credit.   I know many will be pissed off about what happens to their fav character.  Probably will lead to epic flamewars in here.  

Actually, scratch the word "probably". There WILL be epic flamewars in here. ;)

But when speaking about the GA and legs and whatnot... Well, consider Rogue One.  Every last protagonist bit it in that film but that didn't stop it from making tons of money with fantastic legs.  The third act of that film is to this day talked about as its shining moment.

And considering how... precious my fellow SW fans can be at times, I think that is a fairly decent argument that most of the GA will go along for the ride if you give them plenty of thrills.

(deliberately staying away from TLJ plot discussion here :lol:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Why would  people cry?

because it's Tony Stark

I'm not a big cryer in movies, but based on what I have read there are people that cry at the drop of a hat at any emotional thing in a movie they like

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I brought up Baumer and fanservice deliberately though.  I recall one of his biggest gripes about TLJ was the lack of what he considered "fanservice".  

I think you don't give CBM fans in general enough credit.   I know many will be pissed off about what happens to their fav character.  Probably will lead to epic flamewars in here.  

But when speaking about the GA and legs and whatnot... Well, consider Rogue One.  Every last protagonist bit it in that film but that didn't stop it from making tons of money with fantastic legs.  The third act of that film is to this day talked about as its shining moment.

And considering how... precious my fellow SW fans can be at times, I think that is a fairly decent argument that most of the GA will go along for the ride if you give them plenty of thrills.

Oh I agree about the GA;you would be surprised how many of the adjusted list for the top money makers don't exactly have happy endings.

I'm shocked by some of the Reddit reaction I've see - Cap and Tony's endings are perfect. (And Cap's ties directly into Tony's, because seeing him with Morgan is what spurs the change of heart)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I'm shocked by some of the Reddit reaction I've see - Cap and Tony's endings are perfect. (And Cap's ties directly into Tony's, because seeing him with Morgan is what spurs the change of heart)

Reddit is a cesspool, frankly. ANybody going there for intelligent discussion is out of his mind.

I haven’t been here in a while thought I’d come back for this movie. Looking over reddit and the spoilers this might be a TLJ situation imo people might get really pissed with some of those endings. People like to shit on reddit but it’s one of the most visited websites on the internet and the reaction on the marvel fanboy page seems almost universally negative that’s not a great sign. The move will still make more money than god but the fact that there might be a fan backlash for the first time in the MCU is interesting.

29 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Mind if I ask how they explain stuff like time line changes or do they just ignore it?

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That’s comparing the level of commitment fans have to I rebel girl and discount Oberyn Martell to characters they have followed for over a decade and whose endings seem now let’s be honest not great and against character or just unsatisfactory particularly Thor and Cap’s. I’m not the biggest MCU fan but those seems to go against a whole series of development.    

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Mind if I ask how they explain stuff like time line changes or do they just ignore it?

Seems to be just ignored more or less and the final timeline doesn’t changed the snap is negated not reversed 

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Apparently the time travel stuff is kind of a mess and indeed leaves a bunch of plot holes 

5 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I haven’t been here in a while thought I’d come back for this movie. Looking over reddit and the spoilers this might be a TLJ situation imo people might get really pissed with some of those endings. People like to shit on reddit but it’s one of the most visited websites on the internet and the reaction on the marvel fanboy page seems almost universally negative that’s not a great sign. The move will still make more money than god but the fact that there might be a fan backlash for the first time in the MCU is interesting.

I’m scrolling through Reddit but honestly the reactions don’t seem that negative and are mainly against the Cap thing. So 90% of the movie will be liked while

about 10% will be considered problematic which is different than TLJ which it seemed the entire movie was problematic 

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

That’s comparing the level of commitment fans have to I rebel girl and discount Oberyn Martell to characters they have followed for over a decade and whose endings seem now let’s be honest not great and against character or just unsatisfactory particularly Thor and Cap’s. I’m not the biggest MCU fan but those seems to go against a whole series of development.    

I mean, you're right that the R1 crew didn't have time to become beloved.  All I am saying is a killer third act can go a long way to paper over dissatisfaction.

Besides, I did say there would be epic flamewars in here, so I think I covered that aspect.  I was more focused on the GA and legs, anyway. :)

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

I’m scrolling through Reddit but honestly the reactions don’t seem that negative and are mainly against the Cap thing. So 90% of the movie will be liked while

about 10% will be considered problematic which is different than TLJ which it seemed the entire movie was problematic 

Really I’m seeing they fucked Thor up or this makes no sense. I truly don’t care that much was never that into Marvel especially compared to Star Wars but r/marvel studios spoilers seems ready to riot helol a lot of them are denying the leaks are accurate a la tlj

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

I mean, you're right that the R1 crew didn't have time to become beloved.  All I am saying is a killer third act can go a long way to paper over dissatisfaction.

Besides, I did say there would be epic flamewars in here, so I think I covered that aspect.  I was more focused on the GA and legs, anyway. :)

Missed that sorry no I agree it’s avalence between the spectacle and the endings. I’m not sure this will have great legs anyway no avengers film outside the first one really does. It’ll kill this weekend but then depends on how loud the fans are IMO let’s see how the nerd reviewers react to get a sense of where that goes a lot of them did not react great to TLJ.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The Ancient One explains that if an Infinity Stone is removed, that time splits off into its own universe. But if they can return the stone at the moment it was stolen, the timeline will stay consistent. Basically, when the Avengers screw shit up, that splits off into another area of a multiverse while the original timeline is unphased.

Also re: Cap's ending, I don't think it'll bother general audiences at all, but if it does, it's literally the last shot of the movie, so it'll be what they're thinking of walking out.

Edited by ViewerAnon