DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Just now, Porthos said:

You got your priorities, so I can respect that. 👍 :lol:

Thrawn went from 30 dollars to 36 on Amazon and I'm suffering, I just got tapped out by getting the NECA Warrior Xenos and Pan's Labyrinth Faun figures. :hahaha:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Black Widow AND Gamora.

Both of whom have a long history of Marvel underusing them and keeping them from reaching their full potential (both onscreen and on toy shelves and ancillary merchandise).

And it seems captain marvel barely has a role. Oh my god I can’t wait until jezebel or slate watches this movie it’s going to be amazing we’re going to get some all timers out of this 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

And it seems captain marvel barely has a role. 

So much for the hype since last year for this character 

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

So much for the hype since last year for this character 

I never got that she was always a b lister both in popularity and power that they elevated to be the “most powerful” avenger it seems forced

Ok, so watched the battle. Female team up is very short. BP spends more time running with the Gauntlet in his hands than female team up. Thanos wrecks them pretty quickly (they come to CM's aid but she really doesn't need it lol) so it's him vs CM. she holds her own until he blasts the gauntlet out of her hands so it falls near Tony. Strange gives Tony a silent point finger sign (nothing lewd) that he should do it. Thanos snaps fingers saying "I am inevitable" but nothing happens (it appears there are 2 Gauntlets) because all stones are now in Tony's Gauntlet. It creates electrical overload for Tony but he still snaps fingers and says "and I am Iron Man". Screen goes grey. then we see Thanos ships turn into dust and his minions too. Thanos watches in amazement and then sits with defeated face and starts to disintegrate. The clip ended here.

In another clip, Tony is dead. Pepper is crying and kisses his cheek.

More from the battle. Spidey suit pops up more spider legs. At some point, he's falling but Valkyrie saves him. they fly on her Pegasus and Peter is thrilled.

I didn't understand what Ant Man and the Wasp were doing in the van. 

Hawkeye shot a lot of arrows.

Wanda wrecked Thanos pretty good. 

I'm not sure what Thanos mother ship actually does cause it shoots blasts but it also caused a flood that Strange stopped.

After CM wrecks the mothership, Rocket (now reunited with Groot) cheers "hell yeah" or something to that extent. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I didn't understand what Ant Man and the Wasp were doing in the van. 

They're trying to get the Quantum tunnel up and running so they can get rid of the Gauntlet before Thanos gets his hands on it and snaps everything out of existence.

Oh yeah what happens to Hulk and Hawkeye at the end? They're the two no one's disclosed. Oh also ViewerAnon, what's the deal with Gamora and Loki, those are the two who've had the most contradicting things said.

11 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

And it seems captain marvel barely has a role. Oh my god I can’t wait until jezebel or slate watches this movie it’s going to be amazing we’re going to get some all timers out of this 

The Mary Sue will definitely chime in too.

58 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Apparently the time travel stuff is kind of a mess and indeed leaves a bunch of plot holes 

Not surprised. Time Travel, unless you go for the pure adventure approach and ignore the paradoxes it could produce, is hard to pull off in any medium. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

They're trying to get the Quantum tunnel up and running so they can get rid of the Gauntlet before Thanos gets his hands on it and snaps everything out of existence.

Ah, OK, thanks! 

So Katherine Langford is nameless character most likely Kate Bishop after all? I hear she appears only in Tony's funeral scene. can you confirm or deny?

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Oh yeah what happens to Hulk and Hawkeye at the end? They're the two no one's disclosed. Oh also ViewerAnon, what's the deal with Gamora and Loki, those are the two who've had the most contradicting things said.

I didn't see what happened to Gamora! Girlfriend and I were talking about how weird that was after. I guess she got snapped with the rest of Thanos' army?

Loki steals the Tesseract in New York and teleports away (it's really funny). We don't see him after that.

2 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I didn't see what happened to Gamora! Girlfriend and I were talking about how weird that was after. I guess she got snapped with the rest of Thanos' army?

Loki steals the Tesseract in New York and teleports away (it's really funny). We don't see him after that.

Ah I see. I'm guessing the Loki bit is one of those spun-off timelines like the Ancient One mentions. Thanks for the reply again.

Posted (edited)

Can we at least see the film before we start with the freaking "Marvel is Sexist" political shit?

Edited by dudalb

Just now, dudalb said:

Can we at least see the film before we start with the freaking "Marvel is Sexist" political shit?

I’m not saying they are I’m saying by reading the spoilers marvel either killed or sidelined every major female character and I will bet my house that the outrage farms will start pumping shit out when they see it

So present day Thanos gets killed in like the first 10 minutes of the film.

Can someone someone give me the cliff notes of what happens after that?

21 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

I’m not saying they are I’m saying by reading the spoilers marvel either killed or sidelined every major female character and I will bet my house that the outrage farms will start pumping shit out when they see it

Or, and here's a nuanced take, folks might be happy with the film overall (very happy even) while still being upset/pissed at this particular plot-point.

A "both things can be true" type thing.

• Like 1

Why couldn’t Nebula have heroically sacrificed herself to kill Thanos? That would have been incredibly satisfying and also would have fit in with the comic somewhat. Well she just steals it for herself there, but still. 

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

So present day Thanos gets killed in like the first 10 minutes of the film.

Can someone someone give me the cliff notes of what happens after that?

30 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Ah I see. I'm guessing the Loki bit is one of those spun-off timelines like the Ancient One mentions. Thanks for the reply again.

No he’s in this current timeline I’m assuming. Since it’s the same “Thanos died” one. 

more coolness. Strange asks Wong "is there anyone else?" then Giant Man rises through one of Thanos ships wrecking it in the process. he opens his hand and Hunk jumps out. 

Tony and RescuePepper have a cool moment where they are in the air back to back circling and firing blasts.

Cap has Storm Breaker. Thor says "give me that, you have the little one (Mjolnir). "Cap says "yes"

Tony and Peter hug. Peter explains what happened from his POV and Tony just pulls him into a hug, teary eyed. peter "Ha, this is nice."

Tony to strange: "you said it's 1 in 14 millikn that we win. tell me this is it. ""I'll tell you want happens won't happen (??)" "better be right"

so hawkeye has the Gauntlet first but is overwhelemed, has to shoot arrows, BP asks him to give him the gauntlet. BP runs with it but is tripped over. gauntlet rolls away. Thanos goes for it but Wanda blocks his path. wreckage ensues. BP is trying to grab the gauntlet but Mew is pulling it towards him. Spidey grabs it, his costume grows additional spider legs, fights. 

Wanda would actually be able to kill Thanos but he ordered the mothership to fire (even on his own troops) so one of blasts broke Wanda's hold on him. Wong and Magic folk created shields above fighters. Strange does some waterbending to stop the flood.

Spidey is outnumbered and swarmed so Cap throws Mjolnir to pull him up. Spidey shoots a web to attach himself to Mojlin and flies away until the web is cut and he starts falling. rescue grabs him and tosses him to Valkyrie who pills him on pegasus behind her. "Oh my Goood". Until they are shot by mothership blasts. Spidey falls to the ground, Gauntlet rolls away. is saved by Rocket, groot and Drax. 

CM flies through mothership wrecking it. Rocket :"Oh ho, yeah!" Thanos now looks really desperate and out of breath.

Peter introduces himself to CM. she smiles and say "hi PP got something for me". he gives her the Gauntlet says something "don't know how you'll get through" but Valkyrie, Wanda and Okoye appear, Okoye says "she's got help" and more ladies show up (wasp, Rescue, Mantis, Gamora - she's not fighting for Thanos!) . valkyrie wrecks a ship with her sword, really cool, other ladies didn't have a memorable moment and it was really short, basically CM wrecks another shop by fluing through it, Thanos throws his sword and wrecks the ladies, CM's gauntlet falls on the ground. Thanos wants Tony's gauntlet but Tony, cap and Thor fight him. he wrecks them however. Also a short fight. Then CM attacks him. he manages to put on the Gauntlet but CM hold his hand to prevent a snap. he wrecks her. Tony looks in desperation and maybe realization what he has to do. Strange also, give him a sign. damn RDJ is so good here. the sadness on his face cause he knows what it means. so he attacked thanos to steal the stones. Thanos wrecked him, says I am inevitable, snaps and nothing happens.  I am Iron Man. damn, give RDJ all awards. Brolin is also so damn good in Thanos final moments, injustice that mo'cap actors get no awards love.