DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting they opted for no post credit scene.

because it's the end of an era so it would be cheap to shill upcoming movies and because OG cast signatures is really something else. amazing tribute. 

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

because it's the end of an era so it would be cheap to shill upcoming movies and because OG cast signatures is really something else. amazing tribute. 

Shades of ST VI: The Undiscovered Country. 👍

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Many are wondering if Stark will somehow return given how simply absurd it is to kill the character off with deserved happiness so within his grasp. Will be interesting 

I think he will remain Dead.  They don’t need him anymore 

Edited by John Marston

11 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Many are wondering if Stark will somehow return given how simply absurd it is to kill the character off with deserved happiness so within his grasp. Will be interesting 

you are one whiney man child 

• Haha 1

I think for RDJ, this is it and likely for Chris Evans too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Until you see it, blame me on making it sound like mess. I really think it makes sense when you see it. 

I have no expectations that a movie with time travel will make sense.  But it seems like there's either no effort put into reconciling the paradoxes created or they've done an alternate reality thing which is truly terrible because it means they punted on their original universe...or maybe both.

I wish they could have given a hint on mutants suddenly being created with something they did in the past while time traveling. Oh well. 

The ending for Rdj and Evans is amazing.

thor sucks for 3/4 of the movie 

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The ending for Rdj and Evans is amazing.

thor sucks for 3/4 of the movie 

What about Loki? What universe is he in now?

Based on what I’m reading, Hulk and Thor are the ones that get kind of shafted in this movie 

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

What about Loki? What universe is he in now?

We don't know anything but probably he lives . I dont understand his future 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I wish they could have given a hint on mutants suddenly being created with something they did in the past while time traveling. Oh well. 

Impossible.  The Fox-Disney deal hadn't closed until EG was well finished with shooting and was deeep into post-production.

Well the thing is Thor's not done.

5 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I wonder if Wanda's origins might be retconned to fit the X-Men into the MCU. Something like House of M but in reverse where Wanda is one who awakens the gene.

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think he will remain Dead.  They don’t need him anymore 

this. the brand is so big now that they don't even need a particularly charismatic titular character to make over a billion and then some (BP, CM). Once upon a time, it looked like they couldn't reach that milestone without IM but not anymore. The brand grew out of dependence on his star power and is now power in its own right that powers everything else. hence giving Tony (and Cap) such final send off. 

Honestly Cap's left open to come back, Tony though is done.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if Wanda's origins might be retconned to fit the X-Men into the MCU. Something like House of M but in reverse where Wanda is one who awakens the gene.

If one believes the rumors from Manabyte, it's might be (possible spoilers)

Spoiler

tied into the upcoming Eternals movie, with said Eternals having something to do with awakening the X-gene.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Lol. The Chinese love this film. Maoyan and Douban at 9.2 score.

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Based on what I’m reading, Hulk and Thor are the ones that get kind of shafted in this movie 

based on what I read about and saw a little bit of, Thor character got development that makes him more suitable for GOTG universe, though I thought that Thor being Thor we know created really great dynamic with GOTG in IW. so turning him into a loveable loser that ate one sandwich too many may work but also may be too similar to Quill? we'll see. I'm curious where they are taking him. his character arc across several movies used to be proving worthy of the throne and now he gave it up in favor of valkyrie because? anyway, character arc change guarantees he'll be around for at least 1 more movie (Vol 3). 

I'd say BW got the biggest shaft. killed early, not in the big battle, not in all female team up. and she was de facto the leading lady of TA. so very strange they closed her character arc so soon.