DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

1 minute ago, ZackM said:

My expectations that it will be a disaster are not based on the spoilers here.  They're based entirely on the notion of using time travel.  I'm just trying to get a sense of how badly the time travel nonsense will affect my ability to enjoy the rest of the movie.

Maybe you should watch the movie first. I haven't read a single one in this thread or in the EG thread who didn't like the movie after watching it. Maybe the execution is beautiful?

3 minutes ago, ZackM said:

My expectations that it will be a disaster are not based on the spoilers here.  They're based entirely on the notion of using time travel.  I'm just trying to get a sense of how badly the time travel nonsense will affect my ability to enjoy the rest of the movie.

I wouldn't call it time travel nonsense. Its a little bit atypical in the POV given about it within the movie.

Don't forget, its not only pure Sci-Fi, it has magician POV/rules also, so when a magician says what will happen if,...

A lot plays into twhat they chose to show us.

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

Maybe you should watch the movie first. I haven't read a single one in this thread or in the EG thread who didn't like the movie after watching it. Maybe the execution is beautiful?

Time travel executed beautifully?  The next time that happens will be the first.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Just got back, loved the movie.

Had to dart to the toilet right as the credits rolled (overestimated my bladder), what do they have in place of that? When do the signatures pop up?

Right before the crawl.

The credits are basically every important person and the OG6 get the special treatment at the end of that.

Still have a lot of questions. Watching it again is necessary.

I thought Thanos was supposed to be strong even without the Infinity stones according to the Russo’s, but according to what happens in this movie he is weak as hell without them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I thought Thanos was supposed to be strong even without the Infinity stones according to the Russo’s, but according to what happens in this movie he is weak as hell without them

Have you watched the movie? 

Thanos is super strong 💪💪💪💪

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Present day Thanos was permanently wounded by using the Infinity Gauntlet and had succeeded in his task, he had nothing really left to fight for.

So let me get this straight:

1. all the dusters have gotten, like, temporary ban

2. Loki and Cap are more like thread-banned indefinitely

3. and BW, Tony and Gamora are perma-banned...

Right? (And Thanos, of course)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

So let me get this straight:

1. all the dusters have gotten, like, temporary ban

2. Loki and Cap are more like thread-banned indefinitely

3. and BW, Tony and Gamora are perma-banned...

Right? (And Thanos, of course)

No Gamora is on suspension. 😉😉

It does seem Endgame wraps some things up but also creates some loose ends which will address in the next Phases. 

Big eye roll when they just had to put in all of the female heroes in a line up up to take on the army. Captain marvel was in it far less than expected too.

I still enjoyed it and the end battle is great but it felt every minute of three hours. Oscar talk is lol

Twitter reactions from international audience are still largely positive and emotional. Korean and Chinese WOM are insanely good. Sooo.. I have to wonder if those Redditors having meltdowns are drunk. Maybe see the movie first?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ainsleyb said:

Big eye roll when they just had to put in all of the female heroes in a line up up to take on the army. Captain marvel was in it far less than expected too.

I still enjoyed it and the end battle is great but it felt every minute of three hours. Oscar talk is lol

You just reminded me about the all women characters shot, I personally loved it and people clapped so I guess it others did too. I'm going to definitely need a gif of that to stare at for awhile when it's possible to make one. 😍 

ETA: Speaking of the lady heroes and cheering people also did it when Wanda went up against Thanos which was awesome. CM coming in to destroy his ship was also epic.

Edited by Gamora
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamora said:

You just reminded me about the all women characters shot, I personally loved it and people clapped so I guess it others did too. I'm going to definitely need a gif of that to stare at for awhile when it's possible to make one. 😍

Captain Marvel was underused in the film. She hardly is in the film. She was great, I wanted more. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gamora said:

ETA: Speaking of the lady heroes and cheering people also did it when Wanda went up against Thanos which was awesome. CM coming in to destroy his ship was also epic.

I had never been to a cinema in Asia before but I noticed how people seemed to clap and cheer every other minute in the last 30-45 minutes. There was a big cheer for Wanda and then loads for cap, Thor and iron man.

Personally I didn’t care for it, seemed like it was a competition of who could be loudest. I’m all for enjoying the film but howling with laughter and cheering every 5 minutes gets boring

3 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Captain Marvel was underused in the film. She hardly is in the film. She was great, I wanted more. 

I could've used more but I don't have a problem with what she did get, I understand the need to focus on the OGs since it was their time to shine. We have a lot more of her coming so I'm looking forward to that.

But as usual the preemptive whining from people worried she was going to overshadow anyone or beat Thanos herself was completely wrong. It's ridiculous anyone thought it in the first place tbh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ainsleyb said:

I had never been to a cinema in Asia before but I noticed how people seemed to clap and cheer every other minute in the last 30-45 minutes. There was a big cheer for Wanda and then loads for cap, Thor and iron man.

Personally I didn’t care for it, seemed like it was a competition of who could be loudest. I’m all for enjoying the film but howling with laughter and cheering every 5 minutes gets boring

I'm in NZ and we're not known for a lot of cheering but for movies like this and SW we can make some noise in the first sessions since all the diehards are there. So there was some cheering and clapping but not annoyingly so. No reactions as big as for IW but Cap using Mjolnir was particularly popular.

1 hour ago, Gamora said:

I'm in NZ and we're not known for a lot of cheering but for movies like this and SW we can make some noise in the first sessions since all the diehards are there. So there was some cheering and clapping but not annoyingly so. No reactions as big as for IW but Cap using Mjolnir was particularly popular.

Yeah Cap using Mjolnir had a great and loud reaction. Also when literally everyone (those who were alive anyway) showed up to fight Thanos, the crowd went nuts. People cheered and clapped too when the woman superheroes teamed up.

• Like 1