DeeCee

***SPOILERS***AVENGERS:ENDGAME***SPOILERS THREAD***BE WARNED***SPOILERS THREAD***SPOILERS THREAD*** | Did William Hurt return as Secretary of State Thaddeus? Read the Thread

6 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

Wait what? When? Did I miss something?

Haha, sorry. I forgot Sharon was Peggy's niece, not daughter. I was just playing around with the messy timeline+Steve thing.

By the way, do most of you agree this movie needed to be 3 hours? Personally I could've done without good chunks of it, like the whole chubby/depressed Thor thing.

• ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

Maybe Hulk was smart enough to think about that while snapping. Let's just hope he is no idiot.

But what thought could even rectify all of the possible logistical issues with such an act?  There's no conceivable way that it didn't result in catastrophic fallout.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Inuyaki said:

Why would Sharon, Luis or Jane be at Tony's funeral? Did he ever meet them?

Also why would a friend of Tony not be at his funeral? Wtf, I read this a few times already...

I think it was a really nice touch

He barely knew Captain Marvel, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and Wong. Also he didn’t know Hank Pym or Janet. 

Iron Man is a major figure in the world of the MCU, so it would make sense that people who helped any of the heroes, not just those close to him, would get invited.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

8 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Nebula had the most screentime after the big three? I'm into it.

Can't have a box office hit without Karen Gillan these days.

Nobody seems to have noticed this.

• Like 1

This was really good, theatre was going nuts. Best part for me was when cap got the hammer, I really love cap and am going to miss him in these movies. The battle at the end was epic stuff. 

I think I still liked IW more then this but maybe that will change over a few more rewatches. 

• Like 3

Just got back. Nat's death broke me to pieces. I can't get over it. 

This was absolutely fantastic. I don't we could have gotten a better finale save that I wished there was a way for Nat to be in the final battle. She was missed. such heartbreak. and they didn't forget her. Clint and Wanda had a great moment after Tony's funeral even though Nat and Wanda were never close.

this was almost perfect. pacing was brisk, who was where was clear. They explained that changing the past does not affect future cause that crap is only in the movies. Simple, easy to understand. Cap staying in the past didn't change the future where his buddies were waiting for him to come back. GA will absolutely understand that. there's no controversy.

I don't think that Tony's coming back. He looked quite old in this, maybe they aged him for 5 years jump but he definitely didn't look that old in IW. I'm not talking just about emaciated Tony. Pepper also looked older than in IW so I guess they did something to actors (make up?). They were unsubtly hinting at little Morgan taking the mantle one day (as well as Hawkeye's daughter from hawkeye, didn't catch the name) but I think there will also be little TJ in 9 months. just to hedge bets. 

Past Gamora left Thanos and therefore didn't get snapped, I don't think so. Nebula wasn't either cause she worked for the Avengers. they didn't explain where Gamora left but since they didn't show dusting off she must be alive.

fat Thor took a bit to get used to thanks to bad fatsuit. compare that to shockingly skinny Tony which felt so real (did RDJ starve for it or CGI magic?). 

I really didn't feel 3 hours. I really loved how balanced the whole thing was. there was a lot of humor but there were also shocking moments and the movie took time before starting to crack tension-relieving jokes again. 

Opening with Clint's family was very effective.

this was also a great movie for WM. He usually has nothing to do but his pairing with Nebula worked well. 

Nebula is really great character and so tragic. deserves some happiness with (As)guardians.

CM scenes were more thrilling than anything in CM movie. she didn't have anything to do character-wise but everything we got was a step up. her finding Tony, bringing the ship, then wrecking the mothership at the end brought the house down. Russos know how to film thrilling scenes.

Fights were excellent. 

Minor complaint: Morgan has no relationship with pepper whatsoever, not a single speaking line. I get that they had to set up what Tony will lose when he dies, but fuck Happy. Like, it was a moving scene but shouldn't she be comforted by her mom? why immediate switch to new father figure? I don't know, that just bothered me a little.

More thought tomorrow but yes, this will do bonkers business and deserves every penny. Russos directed the shit out of it, really expertly done. 

Tribute credits are just the best. 

everyone was cheering at all the right places. so many emotional moments, lots of tears wiped. Saturday can't come soon enough for me to see it again. 

• Like 5

Well this was crazy lol. It almost feels like 3 movies like the first hour is like this super somber meditation on depression, the middle part is like this heist movie and the last hour is the big extravaganza action movie. I really need to see it again but the ending felt very final to me which is exactly what I hoped for. 

Posted (edited)

It was good, but not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed.  I think it just felt too long and the first two hours dragged on a bit. 

However, the last hour was really fun and had some great moments (Black Widow death, Cap using the Hammer, the Arrival of the 'Avengers', and some real tear jerkers with Tony's death and Cap growing old/dancing to the credits).

Edited by AdamKendall

This was a good film but there were some questionable choices there in the second and third acts. The time travel plot was super confusing.

Where the fuck did Loki go?

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Cap staying in the past didn't change the future where his buddies were waiting for him to come back. GA will absolutely understand that. there's no controversy.

Which timeline did he stay in?

I'll be curious what RDJ does now he's done with Iron Man/Stark. I think he should do more small scale projects, I know he has The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle which will be his first non Marvel movie in over 5 years and potentially Sherlock Holmes 3 but something that isn't a tentpole would be good. 

• Like 1

So my guess for the Cap thing is instead of traveling back to the present he went to 1945 right after his ship went down. He marries Peggy and lives out his life. Then by the time he's an old man, icicle Cap was taken out and he does the Cap stuff he does in these movies and ends up going back in time in this movie thus closing the loop? 

the cheers when cap got the hammer were insane though lol 

• Like 3

biggest cheering moments in order in my theatre 

1. cap getting the hammer 

2. spider-man re-appearance

3. Black Panther and co re appearance 

4. Captain Marvel returns 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Minor complaint: Morgan has no relationship with pepper whatsoever, not a single speaking line. I get that they had to set up what Tony will lose when he dies, but fuck Happy. Like, it was a moving scene but shouldn't she be comforted by her mom? why immediate switch to new father figure? I don't know, that just bothered me a little.

Morgan didn't have a scene with Pepper because Goop is EXPENSIVE.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

My only wish is that the time travel stuff was less messy.

Also I know they wanted to have Tony have a kid that he was leaving behind but they should have made the time jump less honestly. maybe like 2 years max. 

Edited by ban1o

One thing coming out of this I'm thinking about:  The MCU is still kind in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

I mean, half the population of the planet has just been transported five years into the future. 

This means

1) Half the planet still has PTSD from the Snap.

2) All the people who died in what were certain mass suicides are still dead, and everyone transported into the future now has to deal with those deaths.

3) All those people who remarried now have some issues.

Very, very messy.

• Like 3

Personally, On Your Left and the next couple minutes that followed got me way more hyped than Cap with Mjolnir. It's like when you get more excited for the Wrestlemania entrances than the actual brawl. 

Spoiler

Balor Club forever

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Morgan didn't have a scene with Pepper because Goop is EXPENSIVE.

:lol: therefore was replaced by low-rent actor Favz. :sparta:

Biggest cheers:

Cap with the hammer

Avengers Endgame title card

I am Iron Man

Spidey returns

CM brings the big ship down

CM brings Tony and Nebula ship 

It's interesting to watch with unspoiled people how they cheered I Am Iron Man and then going quiet with several audible oh no when they realized the snap killed him. Ditto when they realized that Clint or Nat will die. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1