sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday estimates - Shazam $6.37M | Little $5.37M | Hellboy $4.93M | Pet Sematary $2.93M | After $2.90M | Dumbo $2.27M

Posted (edited)

Edited by sfran43
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, a little better than i expected

So $13m for Hellboy?

Posted (edited)

Hey thats actually way better than i feared for Hellboy.

Its still a bad number ofc, but getting to 10M+ is better than going under that "milestone".

Edited by Brainbug

Little will likely end up making more over the weekend than Hellboy.

• Like 1

Runtimes w/out credits and attachments for next week:

Breakthrough: 1:52. Attachments unknown (probably Spies in Disguise and one other Disney movie - Aladdin?)

Penguins: 1:12. Attachments are Frozen 2 and Toy Story 4

The Curse of La Llorona: 1:28. Attachments unknown (likely Annabelle Comes Home and It: Chapter Two)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Isn't it tough for CBM's to breach 9-10x the previews over ow. Thinking 12-14 ow for HELLBOY.

11x gives 15.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Terrible for Hellboy really

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

Any info on Hellboy's budget?

Think it was 50m without P&A.

Also, @a2k, hope you don't mind, but your total reputation was annoying me being so close to 20k, so I pushed it over for you :) Congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

UA’s Missing Link, another stop-motion pic from the Oscar-nominated toon house of Laika, follows Mr. Link, an ape (voiced by Zack Galifianakis) who after living a solitary life in the Pacific Northwest, recruits fearless explorer Sir Lionel Frost (Hugh Jackman) to guide him on a journey to find his long-lost relatives in the fabled valley of Shangri-La. The pic is expected to open between $10M-11M at 3,413 theaters. Last night Missing Link made $230K, which is just under the $375K that Sony’s Smurfs: Lost Village did in April 2017; that pic opened to $13.2M after a $4.1M Friday.

We’re hearing that After made $550K in previews last night, which isn’t too shabby for an indie teen movie, especially on a night when only 2% K-12 schools are off. Compare this to a big studio spend teen movie like WArner Bros.’ If I Stay which made $1.1M. Is it front-loaded? We’ll see. After will play in 2,100 theaters and is set to make in the low single digits, akin to such indie teen pics like Midnight Sun ($4M) and Before I Fall ($4.6M) which did not hold previews.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/hellboy-shazam-weekend-box-office-1202594516/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First 2 hellboy films were good, cannot believe that a a decade later, instead of making a better reboot, they actually messed it up.

Still hoping for the best though. I am thinking B- cinemascore

10 minutes ago, Sheikh said:

UA’s Missing Link, another stop-motion pic from the Oscar-nominated toon house of Laika, follows Mr. Link, an ape (voiced by Zack Galifianakis) who after living a solitary life in the Pacific Northwest, recruits fearless explorer Sir Lionel Frost (Hugh Jackman) to guide him on a journey to find his long-lost relatives in the fabled valley of Shangri-La. The pic is expected to open between $10M-11M at 3,413 theaters. Last night Missing Link made $230K, which is just under the $375K that Sony’s Smurfs: Lost Village did in April 2017; that pic opened to $13.2M after a $4.1M Friday.

We’re hearing that After made $550K in previews last night, which isn’t too shabby for an indie teen movie, especially on a night when only 2% K-12 schools are off. Compare this to a big studio spend teen movie like WArner Bros.’ If I Stay which made $1.1M. Is it front-loaded? We’ll see. After will play in 2,100 theaters and is set to make in the low single digits, akin to such indie teen pics like Midnight Sun ($4M) and Before I Fall ($4.6M) which did not hold previews.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/hellboy-shazam-weekend-box-office-1202594516/

Not sure how they're still getting the numbers they are from those previews, especially After

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

First 2 hellboy films were good, cannot believe that a a decade later, instead of making a better reboot, they actually messed it up.

Still hoping for the best though. I am thinking B- cinemascore

Based on my showing in the UK, even a C might be the best it'll do. 

Missing Link probably would've fared better with a stronger distributor.