sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday estimates - Shazam $6.37M | Little $5.37M | Hellboy $4.93M | Pet Sematary $2.93M | After $2.90M | Dumbo $2.27M

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

I'm honestly shocked at Shazam!'s numbers. I thought for sure it was in for a really, really good 2nd weekend hold, especially with this weekend's new releases looking so weak.

Also it added extra 89 theatre

How it will get more in the future?

These are the last 2 weeks it will get the bulk of it's run. May is going to be tough.

Hopefully it will be at 125 before End Game comes out. If it reaches that I think it could reach 145 slim chance of 150 by the end.

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

How it will get more in the future?

These are the last 2 weeks it will get the bulk of it's run. May is going to be tough.

Hopefully it will be at 125 before End Game comes out. If it reaches that I think it could reach 145 slim chance of 150 by the end.

Future of the franchise amigo. 

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's just that Shazam ! deserves more, so much more, which it will get in the future though 😉

I think deserves got nothing to do with it. See there are many movies which are fricking great even better than Shazam but they gross less while some movies are worse but still gross way more. People like what people like no one can blame them.... Now you can say that you wish Shazam would have grossed more but deserves is not the correct word

• Like 3

14 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Laika made a huge mistake with Annupurna, should’ve just stuck with Focus/Uni.

I can honestly see them distributing Bond 25 DOM next year turn out to be a huge mistake. Annapurna has been fumbling the ball a lot lately.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

Also I don’t see the big deal of the drop for Shazam!, it’s about as normal as any other CBM. Next weekend should be better as it’s a holiday, and even though Endgame will hit it like a truck, it can rebound the weekend after and DP’s OW due to double screening.

What I am the most curious about is the effect if any GOT will have on Sunday for these films.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

Another sizable drop for US. Wom isn't so hot for this muddled and ridiculously plotted movie.

If US doesn't stabilize soon, it won't surpass Get Out's $176 million despite a much bigger opening.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Also I don’t see the big deal of the drop for Shazam!, it’s about as normal as any other CBM. Next weekend should be better as it’s a holiday, and even though Endgame will hit it like a truck, it can rebound the weekend after and DP’s OW due to double screening.

What I am the most curious about is the effect if any GOT will have on Sunday for these films.

Well, for a week we’ve been hearing it’s gonna act like family film and in the end it’s just another CBM... I mean it was obvious, since it’s 132 minutes long instead of 100-110

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Well, for a week we’ve been hearing it’s gonna act like family film and in the end it’s just another CBM... I mean it was obvious, since it’s 132 minutes long instead of 100-110

The runtime isn’t what made it obvious, the rating and how much kids it skewed made it obvious. Yes, it’s family friendly CBM like Ant Man or Homecoming but it is still like them a PG-13 movie and won’t get the same attention as a normal family film will. That said, I think it will likely have a good hold Easter and legs will stabilize after Endgame. I also expect Saturday to be a bit better than predicted as again it may not target families but I do expect matinees to help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cookie said:

I can honestly see them distributing Bond 25 DOM next year turn out to be a huge mistake. Annapurna has been fumbling the ball a lot lately.

Bond is being released by MGM and I think with Universal as their partner, it should be fine

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Another sizable drop for US. Wom isn't so hot for this muddled and ridiculously plotted movie.

Of the opinion that of this weekends will come in a bit higher with better a Saturday and Sunday than DH suggests.

That said, Us again with a potential 55%+ drop in its fourth weekend is surprising. Another horror flick coming next weekend too. Outstanding DOM total for sure for Us. But, yeah, drops weekend to weekend are surprising. Especially this weekend...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The runtime isn’t what made it obvious, the rating and how much kids it skewed made it obvious. Yes, it’s family friendly CBM like Ant Man or Homecoming but it is still like them a PG-13 movie and won’t get the same attention as a normal family film will. That said, I think it will likely have a good hold Easter and legs will stabilize after Endgame. I also expect Saturday to be a bit better than predicted as again it may not target families but I do expect matinees to help.

They need to decide which group to Target for the sequel. In between obviously doesn't work. Either target the same demo Aquaman and Marvel did or go to PG and market it better to kids 

14 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe,  though conversely it's had generally good O/S holds and pretty great holds in France, Spain, Italy and the UK.  It also got quite good reviews in France 3.8/5 avg on Allocine

http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=230141.html

Latin American holds are pretty strong too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1