baumer

New Weekend Thread..Shazam 6.3 Little 5.3 Hell 4.9...NO FLAME WARS PLEASE!

4 hours ago, CJohn said:

The COO of Voltage is talking about us @MCKillswitch123 :hahaha: The leads did came here to Colombo and El Corte Inglês and it was legendary madness. It was also the day the tickets were put on sale nationwide. When will you join the rest of us in theaters to watch this masterpiece?

Perhaps the same day that Kate Upton gets on her knees and performs sexual favors on me. (Which is probably never, sadly.)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

GODDAMIT THE ADULTS ARE TALKNG!!!!!

What are we talking about?

Doesn't matter. At least we're back on topic now (or the only topic that actually matters, which is how underrated The Emperor's New Groove is).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

At this point, the top five best pre-selling titles of all time are: Infinity War, recent two Furious films, two Chinese New Year titles Monster Hunt 2 & Detective Chinatown 2. Endgame will no doubt beat them one by one.

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

From the locked thread, Saturday noon:  

Weekend total looking pretty good imo 😎

I'm I doubted myself but I predicted 8.9 on Sunday :D last week. Could be within 1 millon net from last 3 weeks combined if lucky.

I second that Emperor's New Groove is awesome. I have such a huge amount of affection for that movie, like I still enjoy it as much as I did as a kid. It's kind of the perfect movie, everything about it just works perfectly, the cast, the animation, the humor, everything.

• Like 1

SHAZAM! is going to be profitable so that's good but I don't think there's any question it should have made more.  It is loved by critics and it is loved by most people who have seen it.  So that goes back to marketing.  WB is usually on point with this but something happened this time around. SHAZAM! is not a household name.  I expected Ant-Man numbers.  Maybe domestic it can get there.  However,  overseas was NOT on board with this project.  

It's a shame because I don't want to see comic book movies that always rely on big huge save the world set pieces. But if grounded comic books cannot make a dent with overseas markets then I feel we will see studios continue to give us huge clusterfuck big third acts and the heart will be missing.. 

• Like 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

They need to pick a market. Either adults or make it PG and more child friendly imo

Market wasn’t Shazam’s problem. We’ve have had plenty of family targeting CBMs like it before (Ant Man, Homecoming), the problem was the marketing, as in they needed to release the final trailer sooner and more tv spots. I also thought Endgame took away a lot of hype.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

SHAZAM! is going to be profitable so that's good but I don't think there's any question it should have made more.  It is loved by critics and it is loved by most people who have seen it.  So that goes back to marketing.  WB is usually on point with this but something happened this time around. SHAZAM! is not a household name.  I expected Ant-Man numbers.  Maybe domestic it can get there.  However,  overseas was NOT on board with this project.  

It's a shame because I don't want to see comic book movies that always rely on big huge save the world set pieces. But if grounded comic books cannot make a dent with overseas markets then I feel we will see studios continue to give us huge clusterfuck big third acts and the heart will be missing.. 

It is Ant-Man numbers. So that is great for it. The only where its not Ant-Man numbers is in China. Ant-Man also was in theaters in the summer months so that was another plus for it where schools are closed and people are on vacation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

It is Ant-Man numbers. So that is great for it. The only where its not Ant-Man numbers is in China. Ant-Man also was in theaters in the summer months so that was another plus for it where schools are closed and people are on vacation.

It is not on track to make 103 million net revenue. People shouldn't die on this hill because mathematically it's not possible.  I do think profit like First Avenger is possible if not probable.

Edited by cdsacken