baumer

New Weekend Thread..Shazam 6.3 Little 5.3 Hell 4.9...NO FLAME WARS PLEASE!

23 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Well when China drops around 80% and made 30% of that international opening you're gonna drop.  It will stabilize in % next week.

Exactly. Its doing very fine except China where it did not connect i think its because of the

Spoiler

possession movies that has that are sometimes banned in China for that i believe SS was for that same reason

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm not following Shazam's box office, is it going to pass $400 million worldwide?

Seems very unlikely, especially with Endgame coming around the corner.

Edited by dakus
  • Sad 1

SHAZAM had a 36 OS weekend = just under 5 China +  31 OS-China 

1) 50 from OS-China and 7-8 from Japan will take it to 180 OS-China

2) 4.5 more will give it 45 China.

150 dom + 45 Ch + 180 OS-Ch = 375 ww

Edited by a2k

16 minutes ago, tawasal said:

CM have been dropping consistently 32%-33% ever sunday after it's OW. 

And they are forecasting a 34.3% Sunday drop in week with awful competition and much closer to End Game.

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

And they are forecasting a 34.3% Sunday drop in week with awful competition and much closer to End Game.

That could be because of the huge jumps on prior two days. Maybe law of gravity applies. The bigger the jump, the harder the drop?

• Like 1

Ignoring Easter and AEG proximity, would say next CM weekend should be 6.2-6.4.     

Ignoring Easter but using BP’s week before Avengers drop, 7.5.    

My understanding is that Easter doesn’t actually change the weekend drop that much, more the relative $ spread between F,S,S and a somewhat increased Mon?

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

My understanding is that Easter doesn’t actually change the weekend drop that much, more the relative $ spread between F,S,S and a somewhat increased Mon?

Yes. Though family movies tend to reap the benefits the most on that Monday.

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

CM is having good drops, but it's definitely not having BP drops.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I'm curious to see. With terrible competition seems like Shazam and Captain Marvel will be recipients of very generous drops next week through Monday.

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Thur is also increased

• Like 1

So does Breakthrough have a chance to be #1 next weekend?

Seems like the type of movie that could make big bucks on Easter.

If not for the fact that it's opening on Wednesday, I'd say it's just about locked. But as it is, those first two days are going to burn off some of the demand before the weekend.

8 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

That could be because of the huge jumps on prior two days. Maybe law of gravity applies. The bigger the jump, the harder the drop?

Oh no doubt it's very possible. It's just not the usual 30% prediction which has resulted in lower actuals. I mean if it drops 35% Sunday and the Saturday is accurate it's still an incredible weekend. Like a 31.7% weekend drop and there is a chance of a sub 30% drop. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kitik said:

CM is having good drops, but it's definitely not having BP drops.

Better drop this weekend than BP 2 weeks before Avengers. BP’s next weekend was clearly heavily Avengers affected, CM coming in with same or better % shouldn’t be considered a surprise.

• Like 1