baumer

New Weekend Thread..Shazam 6.3 Little 5.3 Hell 4.9...NO FLAME WARS PLEASE!

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

They need to pick a market. Either adults or make it PG and more child friendly imo

Yeah, I think this is a big part of it.

Shazam is too scary/violent for a lot of young/sensitive kids and too childish for a significant percentage of the adult audience that sees comic book films.  I think the sequel should just go hard at kids and a PG rating.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Why do people have Monday off? I thought that was next week

I think one of Deadline’s articles said that 24% of K-12 will be off this coming week, as opposed to almost zero last week. On a Thursday, that number balloons to about 79%. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

It is Ant-Man numbers. So that is great for it. The only where its not Ant-Man numbers is in China. Ant-Man also was in theaters in the summer months so that was another plus for it where schools are closed and people are on vacation.

It is doing Divergent numbers 🙂 on a similar budget (85 for div vs 80-100 for shaz based on who do U believe)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Yeah, I think this is a big part of it.

Shazam is too scary/violent for a lot of young/sensitive kids and too childish for a significant percentage of the adult audience that sees comic book films.  I think the sequel should just go hard at kids and a PG rating.

Telling you right now if it's PG and less scary I'm taking my daughter to it yet not to Captain Marvel. She is 4 (almost 5) and it's just too much for her.

1 minute ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I think one of Deadline’s articles said that 24% of K-12 will be off this coming week, as opposed to almost zero last week. On a Thursday, that number balloons to about 79%. 

Wow interesting, thanks!

• Like 1

Random trivia:  

The movie that started it all, first entry in the Infinity Saga, Iron Man, is currently the 100th best 7th weekend ever with 5.62M. The penultimate entry in that saga looks to kick it out of the top 100 next weekend just 7 days before that Saga is brought to a close.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

People still thinking shazam will have completely normal legs for the next 2 months like the granddaddy of them all isn’t opening. Even Thor Ragnarok fell over 60% when Justice League opened. 

Indeed which had awful legs because of WOM/reviews. I don't think End Game will have that problem. I will be sooooo disappointed if that happens. 

18 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

It is Ant-Man numbers. So that is great for it. The only where its not Ant-Man numbers is in China. Ant-Man also was in theaters in the summer months so that was another plus for it where schools are closed and people are on vacation.

No.  There will be about a $60m dollar difference in China but around $150m less WW.

31 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It is not on track to make 103 million net revenue. People shouldn't die on this hill because mathematically it's not possible.  I do think profit like First Avenger is possible if not probable.

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No.  There will be about a $60m dollar difference in China but around $150m less WW.

It also cost 40-50 million less. Lets break some numbers down. Ant-Man cost $130 million. Shazam cost $80-90 million.

Ant-Man OS numbers minus China is 234 million. Shazam will finish on this less or take.

Yeah with a lower budget Shazam is Ant-Man numbers.

Edited by mulderfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mulderfox said:

Lets break some numbers down. Ant-Man cost $130 million. Shazam cost $80-90 million.

Ant-Man OS numbers minus China is 234 million. Shazam will finish on this less or take.

Does that make Deadpool like Avatar because it had a fourth the budget? I need to keep a track of these things 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mulderfox said:

It also cost 40-50 million less. Lets break some numbers down. Ant-Man cost $130 million. Shazam cost $80-90 million.

Ant man numbers means ant man net profit. Otherwise the statement is ridiculous.