baumer

New Weekend Thread..Shazam 6.3 Little 5.3 Hell 4.9...NO FLAME WARS PLEASE!

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

A script for the sequel has reportedly been ordered, it is a good sign but doesn't necessarily mean S2 has been greenlit.

You are not serious right. Shazam is already a hit in its 2nd weekend at the Boxoffice and will absolutely get a sequel. I can even see in the sequel they will introduce Black Adam so he will already be known in his own movie. Kind of like Black Panther and Spider-Man in CA:Civil War.

Edited by mulderfox

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 number 1 place pretty much official here in Portugal. Europe is going bonkers for this.

rewatching Every Day, based off teen novel, and in the spirit of After premiering I thought it would be a good Europe/Portugal candidate to review: 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/portugal/?yr=2018&wk=24&p=new

… even 2008 doesn't have an R-rated comedy in the standings until #14, what happened?

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/portugal/yearly/?yr=2008&p=.htm

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's a good thing that Laika is backed by Travis and Phil Knight as any other studio would have packed in it already. At least Aardman has commercials and TV to supplement the movies. 

It's such a pity though. Some of those movies are wonderful and they deserve to be seen more - and not in a snotty "watch this thing that will bore you just because critics say it's great" way, the movies are very enjoyable and emotional, but for some reason they just don't catch on. I guess stop-motion just doesn't appeal to the GA, can't really chalk it all to poor distribution/marketing. 

Kubo is one of my favorite animated movies ever.

Edited by Celedhring
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

It's such a pity though. Some of those movies are wonderful and they deserve to be seen more - and not in a snotty "watch this thing that will bore you just because critics say it's great" way, the movies are very enjoyable and emotional, but for some reason they just don't catch on. I guess stop-motion just doesn't appeal to the GA, can't really chalk it all to poor distribution/marketing. 

Kubo is one of my favorite animated movies ever.

Agree with this. LOVED Kubo and the Two Strings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Perhaps they overestimated because rest of them are par estimates. Considering last weekend it dropped 30.5%, 33% drop is almost given. So basically 1-2% impact.

They did. Predicted a tiny drop after a massive Saturday. Made little sense. Vs CM they predicted a 34.3% drop

25.14 (-53%) =>24.5 (-54%)

Would have been a good drop had it opened 65-70. But expected it to be more backloaded. This is not much different than CM's 56% drop after 153 ow with Shazam apparently being much better received. 😓

• Like 1

Just now, a2k said:

25.14 (-53%) =>24.5 (-54%)

Would have been a good drop had it opened 65-70. But expected it to be more backloaded. This is not much different than CM's 56% drop after 153 ow with Shazam apparently being much better received. 😓

better recieved among smaller base... what can you do. Alita felt the same effect

• Like 1