baumer

New Weekend Thread..Shazam 6.3 Little 5.3 Hell 4.9...NO FLAME WARS PLEASE!

Every Stark who died deserved to die for not reading the fine print (and sometimes the print was in bold and red). Every Stark who survived adapted in one way or the other. Anyway, Sansa better take that throne.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe it’s because I’m a book purist for it, but GoT has really lost me in the last several seasons. Without GRRM’s story as a template, it’s basically been a weak and forced storyline held together by phenomenal production values.

I’m obviously still going to be watching the final season though. It’s the only ending we’re probably going to get

Edited by dakus

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Every Stark who died deserved to die for not reading the fine print (and sometimes the print was in bold and red). Every Stark who survived adapted in one way or the other. Anyway, Sansa better take that throne.

Can we blame Rickon for not having watched The In-Laws tho?

Spoiler

Of course we can, the minute Ramsay started firing he should have been swerving all over the place

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Slambros said:

People.

I'm in a theater about to watch Missing Link.

I am the ONLY ONE in the theater.

Meanwhile, the family next to me at the ticket kiosk were getting tickets to Captain Marvel.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

i wasn't even a fan of Cap'n Marvel but it's a better movie than Missing Link 

• Like 1

CM stabilising compared to JW2 looking at Sunday to Sunday cumes accounting for different release periods.

Days in
Release
CM total JW2 total CM-JW2
3 153.43 148.02 5.41
10 264.88 265.70 -0.82
17 320.75 333.39 -12.64
24 353.81 363.98 -10.18
31 373.88 384.16 -10.28
38 386.31 397.51 -11.20

(Have used BoxofficePro's estimate for CM)

Current gap would take CM to 406-407. AEG boost though should push it to 410-415 imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Update from my theater:

We have had 2 screenings and only have had 4 people for Missing Link. (3 really but I bought a ticket even though I could watch for free.) Anyway this movie is great and people should really go see. 

Edited by MovieGuyKyle17
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, a2k said:

CM stabilising compared to JW2 looking at Sunday to Sunday cumes accounting for different release periods.

Days in
Release
CM total JW2 total CM-JW2
3 153.43 148.02 5.41
10 264.88 265.70 -0.82
17 320.75 333.39 -12.64
24 353.81 363.98 -10.18
31 373.88 384.16 -10.28
38 386.31 397.51 -11.20

(Have used BoxofficePro's estimate for CM)

Current gap would take CM to 406-407. AEG boost though should push it to 410-415 imo.

Thanks for the analysis. Are you accounting for Spring break week? CM should benefit from the week of almost summer like weekdays. It may have enough to catch JW: Fallen Kingdom at 417. 

From the Deadline update

[After] is crushing it overseas, ranking No. 1 over the last two days in Italy, Portugal, Poland, Germany, Greece, Argentina, South Africa, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark

Holy shit horny Europeans are clearly the saviours of quality cinema.

Edited by dakus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

i wasn't even a fan of Cap'n Marvel but it's a better movie than Missing Link 

Well, after seeing the movie, I can definitely see where you're coming from. Missing Link is a very enjoyable film but it's not perfect by any means. Though I will say I think it's a crying shame people aren't giving it a chance. Nothing against Captain Marvel at all; it's just that Captain Marvel is in its 6th week, and it's still able to do better than the new Laika film. I'm a little frustrated to say the least.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hellboy is fucking awful.  One of the worst movies I've seen in theaters in a long time.

You were warned

Critics Consensus

Bereft of the imaginative flair that made earlier Hellboys so enjoyable, this soulless reboot suggests Dante may have left a tenth circle out of his Inferno.