baumer

New Weekend Thread..Shazam 6.3 Little 5.3 Hell 4.9...NO FLAME WARS PLEASE!

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Anyone who doesn’t play CAYOM explain what’s going on here.

Patricia Heaton plays a werewolf in a sequel to the 2017 movie Spark: A Space Tail, an animated movie nobody but me has heard of:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Patricia Heaton plays a werewolf in a sequel to the 2017 movie Spark: A Space Tail, an animated movie nobody but me has heard of:

Charlie Heaton plays a space doggo and Sasha Lane’s boyfriend in a space opera.

• Disbelief 1

I guess now would be a nice time to wish New Mutants a happy 1 year anniversary. Can't believe it has been a whole 365 days since Fox and Josh Boone really transcended the CBM genre!!!

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Spoiler

This was surprisingly close. Charlie Heaton plays Lane’s wolf boyfriend with a story somewhat similar to that.

15 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Reveal hidden contents

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Ehh, Patricia Heaton would've been better...just cut out the romance part.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Hide contents

Ehh, Patricia Heaton would've been better...just cut out the romance part.

Spoiler

Unrelated but your boy Eggsy was a villain in the sequel.

• Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

The only blockbuster this decade that had action staged as well as GoT’s Best is Mad Max.

The last two Missions too. Fallout especially

Should have mentioned it yesterday, but I was busy. I do have an update on CM's trend in my simple stupid box office projector.

It had another week with a drop around 40%. This is actually shows good staying power. If it continues on that trend, it'll finish with around 403m. Ahead of Revenge of the Fallen, but behind Spider-Man.

35% drops would get it into the THG/CACW/IM3 area. 

It needs better than 33% drops to get to WW.

The effect of Endgame is a wild-card. What's likely to happen is that it will arrest the normal drops for one week, and then it'll go back to its trend. How much they are arrested remains to be seen, but if the Endgame week is about flat from the previous week, it would add about 5-6m to the total. Which would basically mean that even with otherwise 40% drops, it'll get in the vicinity of THG/CACW/IM3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cax16 said:

I wasn’t sure if anyone posted this but I thought I would add it just in case it wasn’t posted.

From Deadline today. 

“Updated Screen Engine/ComScore PostTrak exits on Shazam! remain bright at 4 stars from general audiences and 4 1/2 from kids under 12. General audiences are numbering 64%, while kids under 12 rep close to a third of the audience. Boys out-number girls, 58% to 42%. The under-25 set is showing up at 60%, and studios love that because they’re a fickle demo, a challenge to get into theaters (that said, this is a superhero movie). Males under 25 who are attending at close to 40% give the Zachary Levi project an 81% postive score.”

Yup, in case anyone had any doubts on whether people dig the film, I think it's mainly about just getting more people to show up with the Endgame heat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElsaRoc said:

Should have mentioned it yesterday, but I was busy. I do have an update on CM's trend in my simple stupid box office projector.

It had another week with a drop around 40%. This is actually shows good staying power. If it continues on that trend, it'll finish with around 403m. Ahead of Revenge of the Fallen, but behind Spider-Man.

35% drops would get it into the THG/CACW/IM3 area. 

It needs better than 33% drops to get to WW.

The effect of Endgame is a wild-card. What's likely to happen is that it will arrest the normal drops for one week, and then it'll go back to its trend. How much they are arrested remains to be seen, but if the Endgame week is about flat from the previous week, it would add about 5-6m to the total. Which would basically mean that even with otherwise 40% drops, it'll get in the vicinity of THG/CACW/IM3.

Range is 7.45-8.75 if Friday is right. 8.2 million is my updated projection imo of course could be wrong. That would be about a 34% drop for the weekend and next week will be better for Shazam and Captain Marvel. Can't seen how the following week with End Game coming it's worse than the next week even factoring in Easter.

386 give or take after Sunday

396 after Easter Monday

403+ by Sunday April 28th.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Yup, in case anyone had any doubts on whether people dig the film, I think it's mainly about just getting more people to show up with the Endgame heat. 

No one should doubt that. They just need to pick a specific demographic to Target so their audience base isn't so narrow. That, spend more on marketing, and be more selective about release date.

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

No one should doubt that. They just need to pick a specific demographic to Target so their audience base isn't so narrow. That, spend more on marketing, and be more selective about release date.

Not necessarily spending more on marketing, just start it earlier next time. They waited too long for the second trailer, they just did, Wonder Woman could afford to be marketed late, it's friggin WW, but Shazam ! needed that juice earlier on, then again, with CM..... I doubt the film would have been ready for an earlier release though.