Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I wonder why the Bad Batch was chosen in S7 other than say Crystal Crisis on Utapau. Regardless animation looks better than ever. 

A shame they just couldn't give us both.

Also a shame that Ventress' story got resolved in a novel I bet most SW fans have not and won't read as opposed to being shown onscreen (also a bunch of Maul's arc got turned into a comic miniseries).

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Wait it starts TOMORROW? I thought it was like the 22nd. Yes!!

It's the 21st unless some markets somehow get it early. 

They are releasing episodes on Fridays like with the Mandalorian 

Edit - I just notice the thread title never changed and still says the 17th.  That release date was changed a very long time ago

Edited by 75Live

7 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

A shame they just couldn't give us both.

Also a shame that Ventress' story got resolved in a novel I bet most SW fans have not and won't read as opposed to being shown onscreen (also a bunch of Maul's arc got turned into a comic miniseries).

Yeah the Ventress/Vos arc would have been EIGHT episodes! The Son of Dathomir stuff too is very important since it explains what happens to Maul between S5 and S7. Plus I always loved when TCW had arcs which primarily focused on the villains. Pretty rare among most tv shows in general.

• Like 2

titles and brief descriptions for the March episodes have been revealed:

March 6

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episode 703 - “On the Wings of Keeradaks” - After their escape, Anakin Skywalker and the clones defend a local village.

March 13

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episode 704 - “Unfinished Business” - Anakin Skywalker and the Bad Batch attempt to gain a victory for the Republic.

March 20

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episode 705 - “Gone With a Trace” - Ahsoka befriends a pilot but must hide her Jedi past while trying to stop a dangerous droid.

March 27

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Episode 706 - “Deal No Deal” - Trace makes a rash decision after learning what they are transporting is for the Pyke Syndicate.

• Thanks 1

One more day.  Not crazy about the week to week thing.  Not saying they have to dump the whole season all at once but with short episodes, it would have been nice to get maybe 2 at a time to at least come close to filling up an hour.

But it is what it is :) 

Who's got two thumbs and is without Season Seven access?

This dude! 👍

(never change, Disney, never change)

===

Not that urgent as I already sorta kinda saw these first four episodes ages ago (though I'm sure they've changed quite a bit in the interim; and it's not like I remember them word and verse, anyway).  Just find it... bemusing that Disney Plus is still having problems getting programs to appear on parts of its platform when it is supposed to (I say parts because I am well aware that some folks have access to it right now).

Feels like a pair of comfy slippers being put on after being kept in the closet for ages. 👍

Did vaguely recall most of the story beats (though I had forgotten about the Echo stuff), but that didn't really detract from watching the episode.  Really appreciated the bump in quality in animation as well.

Roll on the rest of the Bad Batch arc, and then the new (for me) stuff afterwards. 

• Like 1

Yeah I remember the main story of The Bad Batch arc but not enough to remember the subtle differences (if there were any) from the reels to the episodes.

Anyways great episode and again a reminder why (for me ) this is the best onscreen material for Star Wars besides the OT

Spoiler

That continuous take of the Bad Batch infiltrating the base was fantastic

Filoni and the animation crew are on top of their game.

2 hours ago, Cap said:

The B1s are so cute. I love them. 

"Hey, you're not authorize--!"

*SPLAT*

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I just absolutely adore the humor/comic relief moments the B1 droids brings to the table.

• Astonished 1