Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Also was a funny coincidence I started my rewatch of Rebels and I'm on the episode where Hera and Sabine visit a ruined Anaxas. Think we may have an answer as to what happened now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpH_2M0Bx5ToDYmwDFiNv

Someone didn't want to take "No" for an answer, apparently. 

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Seems to be am unpopular opinion that this might have been my favourite episode this season. Honestly very much ok with this episode essentially just getting us reintroduced to Ahsoka and life on the lower levels of Coruscant. 

Agreed. I thought this was definitely the best episode of the season so far. I liked the slower pace and it was visually amazing.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

(finally had a chance to see it tonight)

===

You know, seeing this makes me realize just how much I miss Coruscant.  There's just something about how SW does the take on the City Planet that is just... Well, sooooo good.

Also makes me hope we get to see more of 1313 one day, in some shape or form.  Like, I'm glad The High Republic is coming, putting a focus on a different era and all.  But this... Just so good.

Really liked how every character was instantly defined.  Felt like slipping into an old comfortable pair of sneakers with Not Quite As Young Young Ahsoka.  Loved how she just stood back and said, more or less, "Okay, you want to fight on your own; I'll watch".  I actually did like it that she didn't butt in until asked.

And, of course, that look of awe on that child when Ahoska whipped out the Force.

Such a great start to this arc, and I'm really interested to see where it's going.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

Also, if I'm not mistaken this is the first clearly 'out of timeline sequence' TCW episode/arc in quite a while.

*checks*

Yep. First out-of-order episode since the middle of season 5.  And even that was a one episode blip.  Before that, have to go all the way back to the third season for something clearly set earlier in the TL like this one was.

It depends how this arc ties up with Siege of Mandalore which is the end point for this series. One of the interesting parts is that the Bad Batch arc for instance was clearly changed to tie closer to ROTS. We may be seeing the same for this arc.

Episode itself was even better than last week. 

Spoiler

Poor Yularen though seems like the war has taken his toll on him. And the Anakin and Ahsoka moment ❤️. Just shows how important that relationship is when you're asking for comparisons to the Luke and Vader scene in ROTJ.

5 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It depends how this arc ties up with Siege of Mandalore which is the end point for this series. One of the interesting parts is that the Bad Batch arc for instance was clearly changed to tie closer to ROTS. We may be seeing the same for this arc.

Episode itself was even better than last week. 

Hide contents

Poor Yularen though seems like the war has taken his toll on him. And the Anakin and Ahsoka moment ❤️. Just shows how important that relationship is when you're asking for comparisons to the Luke and Vader scene in ROTJ.

Spoiler

I thought at first, "maybe", but I don't think it can.

Originally, the Siege of Mandalore starts with Anakin and Obi-Wan racing to save Chancellor Palpatine.  Well, at least they are called away and that's why they aren't going to Mandalore so "starts" means soon after the beginning of the episode.

RotS itself takes about 7 to 10 days, last I recall.  

The only real way it can work now is if this episode is post-rescue of Palpatine, takes place within that 7 to 10 day window, and there is some other reason for Obi-Wan and Anakin to not save Palpatine.

Which, admittedly is possible.  I just suppose I hope it isn't. :lol: 

So, possibly.  Guess we'll have to see, I suppose.

44 minutes ago, Porthos said:
  Hide contents

So, possibly.  Guess we'll have to see, I suppose.

I think it's definitely well before ROTS. The beginning of the last episode implied that it picked up pretty soon after Ahsoka left the Temple, and there was no time skip. My guess is the time skip will take place between this arc and SoM, maybe Ahsoka spends some time on Mandalore before Anakin and Obi-Wan get called in?

On another note, has anyone else thought the score has been exceptionally good in this arc? TCW has generally had good music but these last couple of episodes seem to have taken it to another level. Both the scene last episode where Ahsoka stares into the sky and the take-off from Coruscant this episode were beautifully scored.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Menor said:

TCW has generally had good music but these last couple of episodes seem to have taken it to another level. Both the scene last episode where Ahsoka stares into the sky and the take-off from Coruscant this episode were beautifully scored.

*checks to make sure*

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Kevin Kiner is doing the music for this, and while he was always talented, he brought up his game to the next level (and beyond) during his time on Rebels.  It makes sense that he is applying what he learned (for lack of a better term) when it comes to craftsmanship on Rebels to this show.

Edited by Porthos
Ugh. Did I REALLY say "Kline" instead of "Kiner". Stooopid word association.

20 hours ago, 75Live said:

And 2 entirely filler episodes in a row.  I know every season has a few so hopefully it will start to change over starting next week

I liked "Gone with A Trace", but ....I'm at a loss as to what this second one was supposed to push.

Also, uh, can we get some more Padme? Anyone?

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:47 AM, Porthos said:

*checks to make sure*

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Kevin Kiner is doing the music for this, and while he was always talented, he brought up his game to the next level (and beyond) during his time on Rebels.  It makes sense that he is applying what he learned (for lack of a better term) when it comes to craftsmanship on Rebels to this show.

I think also I've noticed a more willingness to add in the John Williams Star Wars themes. Previous seasons of TCW were very reluctant to even allude to the John Williams music unlike Rebels which did it all the time. Production value is the best part of the season so far. 

• Like 1

It is important we see what happens to Ahsoka between leaving the Jedi and coming back to help in the Siege of Mandalore. That perspective is crucial to her story but also gives another side to the galaxy. I won't argue if the execution isn't doing it for some people though (even though I'm liking it so far).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It is important we see what happens to Ahsoka between leaving the Jedi and coming back to help in the Siege of Mandalore. That perspective is crucial to her story but also gives another side to the galaxy. I won't argue if the execution isn't doing it for some people though (even though I'm liking it so far).

I agree that we needed some solo Ahsoka time.

Which is why this being a single season of 12 episodes hurts, because it's a couple miscellaneous arcs, and then BOOM Siege of Mandalore time.

• Like 1