Porthos

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Disney+ | Final Season Starts Feb 17 | Queen Ahsoka's Coming to Save us All

Might as well start a thread on this, as I KNOW there are Clone Wars fans here.

It's been announced that it will be start streaming "within a year" of launch, but not much more than that.

There's going to be a big Clone Wars panel at Celebration tomorrow, but Dave Filoni just gave a mini-interview on the live-stream and strongly implied that there would only be one season of TCW coming up. He made comments about not wanting to do it forever, but that it was important to finish off the story.

Now Dave Filoni is exceedingly tricky and slippery with his comments, so I don't think we can completely slam the door on the other untold TCW stories.  But for now, it's looking like this season might be only one.  If so, makes me wonder what we'll get aside from The Seige of Mandalore.  Personally hoping for the Cad Bane/Boba Fett confrontation, as I think it's important to give that arc closure.  Kiiiiinda hoping we don't get the Bad Batch and Crystal Crisis ones, as we've already 'seen' them.  But I would understand it if they were some of the ones in the final season.

I reckon we'll get four 'arcs'/stories.  Be interesting to see what info we do get tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

So looks to be:

Bad Batch

Siege of Mandalore.

As much as I wanted the Cad Bane/Boba Fett confrontation, I was always interested in the Ahsoka time in 1313, so I'm down for that.

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer we don't get that, or the other pre-vis storyline (Crystal Crisis). Or Son of Dathomir, or Dark Disciple, etc.

It's going to be odd jumping from Maul being captured by Sidious to Maul back in charge of Mandalore, but that's what happens when a Maul show arc gets turned into a comic miniseries in the interim.

Trailer still isn't on SW YT's channel yet, but the full panel has been separated:

It's still processing (so only at low rez at the moment, but will be at high rez soon enough).

Trailer is at 57:20.

Rewatched S1. It actually held up and I was generally entertained. Though there were some duds like Blue Shadow Virus there were also several great episodes like Rookies, Trespass, and the Ryloth and Malevolence Arcs. Liberty on Ryloth especially was much better than I remembered. The fact that the (by far) worst season aged this well makes me really excited to get to the later seasons.