Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM Year VI - Advanced Schedule (Phase 1)

Advanced Schedule in Phases  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes - let's do this again next year!
    • No - the experiment had failed!

Just now, Spaghetti said:

I'm opting for PG-13.

tenor.png

Here’s my feelings on this. I don’t want Phoenix to have short legs but I also realized I fucked a lot of people over (and arguably kind of caused this pileup) when I took the two prime November spots. So for fairness sake, I’m okay with that as long as I retain the majority.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

tenor.png

Here’s my feelings on this. I don’t want Phoenix to have short legs but I also realized I fucked a lot of people over (and arguably kind of caused this pileup) when I took the two prime November spots. So for fairness sake, I’m okay with that as long as I retain the majority.

Realistically, I'm not sure I want that date either. Even with your blessing, it's sandwiched between Phoenix Saga and Dragon Borns. Not exactly a great combination. I'm trying to think of something that will allow @Blankments the 9/23 date for Shiverin' Gulch.

• Thanks 1

@Spaghetti Question, how much family skewing is XJ-9 cause I may switch Mario and Phoenix IMAX dates around if it is not very family friendly and Mario like all animated movies wouldn’t have the biggest IMAX pull but it’d also screw anyone wanting to open a family film around Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

@4815162342 I'm willing to make a deal I will move Lightspeed to August 26 and it and RDR spilt 50-50 on that weekend

I am not going to make any deals with RDR, simply because it is the film of mine least likely to get made in time, so there's at least a 25% chance it won't even make Year 6 and would open up that chunk of August.

Alternate idea:

I can move XJ-9 to May 20th (sorry @4815162342) and only keep the 70mm IMAX once B&G opens the next week. Is that okay with you @YourMother the Edgelord? I know that you had priority as it being a $200m+ sequel, but it'll still be a minority of screens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Spaghetti Question, how much family skewing is XJ-9 cause I may switch Mario and Phoenix IMAX dates around if it is not very family friendly and Mario like all animated movies wouldn’t have the biggest IMAX pull but it’d also screw anyone wanting to open a family film around Thanksgiving.

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Slightly risque robot love

It's still based on a Nick cartoon, at the end of the day, so expect something around Spark/Voltron/MCU where it's PG-13 but not unreasonable for families to go see it.

• Like 1

Well that was a lot of work for a sum-total change of 1.

By my mapping, there are currently 404 commercial IMAX theatres in the US + Canada.

Of these, 384 are IMAX Digital 2K (1.90:1 max projection ratio), 8 are IMAX with Laser 4K on widescreens (1.90:1 max), and 12 are IMAX with Laser 4K on traditional IMAX screens (1.44:1 max projection ratio).

The IMAX 70mm projection format is so unused now that there aren't really any up-to-date numbers on who still has that equipment.

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

It's still based on a Nick cartoon, at the end of the day, so expect something around Spark/Voltron/MCU where it's PG-13 but not unreasonable for families to go see it.

How about this?

Phoenix - November 2nd 

XJ-9 - November 16th 

Mario - Thanksgiving weekend (the two can also share IMAX)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Well that was a lot of work for a sum-total change of 1.

By my mapping, there are currently 404 commercial IMAX theatres in the US + Canada.

Of these, 384 are IMAX Digital 2K (1.90:1 max projection ratio), 8 are IMAX with Laser 4K on widescreens (1.90:1 max), and 12 are IMAX with Laser 4K on traditional IMAX screens (1.44:1 max projection ratio).

The IMAX 70mm projection format is so unused now that there aren't really any up-to-date numbers on who still has that equipment.

I'm going off the theaters that screened Dunkirk in 70mm IMAX. http://www.nolanfans.com/2017/06/24/list-of-us-and-canada-70mm-dunkirk-locations-hidden-on-official-website/

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Alternate idea:

I can move XJ-9 to May 20th (sorry @4815162342) and only keep the 70mm IMAX once B&G opens the next week. Is that okay with you @YourMother the Edgelord? I know that you had priority as it being a $200m+ sequel, but it'll still be a minority of screens.

If this works out I'm moving Lightspeed to the 23rd of September

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Spaghetti said:

I wouldn't be too picky about that number anyway lol. Can always say you're shipping projectors to theatres a la Tarantino or w/e.

6 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Alternate idea:

I’d rather have XJ-9 open after BAG2 and sharing IMAX.

• Like 1