That One Girl

Richard Jewell | December 13 2019 | Clint Eastwood's highly anticipated follow-up to The Mule | Now a WB movie | Premiering at AFI Festival

On 9/28/2019 at 3:10 AM, alibaba3317 said:

They shot this in fucking June? Clint's run and gun shooting with one take per scene and speed editing is something else. He's 89 years old. 

Clinto was never gonna do a Linklater anyway but especially now, there's no point in him wasting time lol. For most of this decade I've wondered if the latest movie was it for him, yet he keeps on pushing. 

I wonder if this will become important enough in the awards race for Film Twitter to try to start a controversy over filming in Georgia this summer (yes, the real events actually took place in GA, but when has logic ever stopped a social media backlash). Remember how they were mostly, "Eh, whatever, it was all right I guess," about American Sniper when it premiered in November, then when the box office and Oscar nominations poured in, it became the most problematic, warmongering, jingoistic piece of right-wing propaganda ever? Good times!

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 3

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked that Eastwood made a film and got it released within a few months. The vast majority of his films have been shot, edited and released in the same year. The only one I can think of that had a slightly longer production shoot was Sully which had a lot of VFX compared to the average Eastwood film.

A bit of that Trent Reznor-Fincher Gone Girl feel to the trailer / soundtrack use, would not surprise me if Eastwood knock it out of the park with again a leggy $100M movie.

If he do it would be is sixth $100m dbo grosser in the 2000s without any franchise, sequels nor big budgets.

Any director did that in live action ? Zemeckis, Nolan, Meyers & Tarantino has 3 of them (but big budgets), Scorsese 4 (with over 100m budget for some of those)

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

Well, this certainly does look like a late 2010s Eastwood production. Well edited trailer but after his last two movies I can't say my expectations are very high.

I liked The Mule but 15:17 was the worst movie of that year. 

5 hours ago, Barnack said:

A bit of that Trent Reznor-Fincher Gone Girl feel to the trailer / soundtrack use, would not surprise me if Eastwood knock it out of the park with again a leggy $100M movie.

If he do it would be is sixth $100m dbo grosser in the 2000s without any franchise, sequels nor big budgets.

Any director did that in live action ? Zemeckis, Nolan, Meyers & Tarantino has 3 of them (but big budgets), Scorsese 4 (with over 100m budget for some of those)

People don't give Clint credit for being a director brand similar to those names. The old folks love him. 

6 hours ago, Barnack said:

Shyamalan is up there. Six 100m grossers, five not counting Glass, four not counting the 150m-budgeted Last Airbender. Not Eastwood level but still impressive. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Shyamalan is up there. Six 100m grossers, five not counting Glass, four not counting the 150m-budgeted Last Airbender. Not Eastwood level but still impressive. 

Good one I count 5 in the 2000s including Glass, but Umbreakable at 95m and 6 sense being in 99 can count for one 100m in the 2000s, that pretty much Eastwood level I think domestic (but wasn,t Laist Airbender a bit of a franchise as well ?)