sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Nah just unimpressed by hairflips and stomping around a stage. It's trendy to scream that you love her to seem woke. Meanwhile a ton of actually talented black artists are ignored because it's easy - but lazy - to use her as your woke card. 

I do love Beyoncé, from Destiny’s Child start, seen her world tour a few years ago.

But that Netflix thing was a concert, not a film or documentary. Plus her Glastonbury stage, show and performance, was miles better. 

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

If BOM predicts:

Movie A - $150M

Movie B — $5M   

And actuals are:

Movie A — $170M  

Movie B — $24M   

Would you seriously describe Movie A as the bigger miss!?!?!?   

Inconceivable to me.

Those examples are both irrelevant to this weeks films 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Capain Marvel is going to make more than Shaflop next weekend

P59iOWx.gif

And despite all the marketing and End Game tie ins to try to push it further and further... it being a run of the mill MCU movie and all,  it's in the same company as Aquaman and still hasn't outgrossed it.   :lol:

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Avengers: Endgame: 307M

Shazam!: 9.5M

Captain Marvel: 7.5M

Breakthrough: 7M

The Curse of La Llorona: 6.6M

Dumbo: 4M

Little: 3.4M

Us: 1.8M

Pet Sematary: 1.7M

Penguins: 1.3M

Nice to see you back posting a bit more. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Krissykins said:

Those examples are both irrelevant to this weeks films 

This is a silly response. It’s the same basic thing — one movie has a bigger miss in absolute dollars, but the other has a bigger miss in %. The standard you advanced earlier would suggest that Movie A is a bigger miss (20M off vs only 19M off). Do you still stick by that idea, or will you now agree that % makes more sense?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Curious what number Netflix will report for Homecoming. Seeing as Netflix numbers are often fraudulent, and Beyonce is a huge fraud (and talentless, but that's another story), I wouldn't be surprised if the number is like 50M. 

The salt goddamn lol

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

And despite all the marketing and End Game tie ins to try to push it further and further... it being a run of the mill MCU movie and all,  it's in the same company as Aquaman and still hasn't outgrossed it.   :lol:

Net profit will be way higher. Just take China ticket fees away and it's going to be higher in revenue as well. Both are massive successes.

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Both of you keep your fan war stuff out of this thread thanks! :D

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If BOM predicts:

Movie A - $150M

Movie B — $5M   

And actuals are:

Movie A — $170M  

Movie B — $24M   

Would you seriously describe Movie A as the bigger miss!?!?!?   

Inconceivable to me.

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is a silly response. It’s the same basic thing — one movie has a bigger miss in absolute dollars, but the other has a bigger miss in %. The standard you advanced earlier would suggest that Movie A is a bigger miss (20M off vs only 19M off). Do you still stick by that idea, or will you now agree that % makes more sense?

I consider earnestly to put that member also on the ignore list, too trollish or whatever the reason so many posts seem to be so :bash:

For the moment I chose the NIRD rule

• Haha 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

Net profit will be way higher. Just take China ticket fees away and it's going to be higher in revenue as well.

Your insecurities aside,  the fact that someone is trying to talk to me about net profit is hilarious considering we don't have any of these studio's financials in front of us.  Even Deadline makes their "best guess"..  :lol:

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Your insecurities aside,  the fact that someone is trying to talk to me about net profit is hilarious considering we don't have any of these studio's financials in front of us.  Even Deadline makes their "best guess"..  :lol:

Lol calm down and take it to the fan wars. No one wants this trash on this thread. Both movies are great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

In terms of this weekend, they were further off on the opener than they were some film in its 5th weekend or whatever.

openers are harder to predict. Everyone knew CM was getting increased business with End Game opening in 4 days. 

• Knock It Off 2

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Net profit will be way higher. Just take China ticket fees away and it's going to be higher in revenue as well.

True. But it has to cut both ways. A few people thought that Shazam would be disappointing if it grossed less than 400 million, but that Thor was a success due to its 450 million gross. Many of those people didn’t take into account that Thor had a budget ~50% higher than Shazam. Just would like to see folks make an attempt at objectivity some times. But what fun is that? 😛😛😛

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I consider earnestly to put that member also on the ignore list, too trollish or whatever the reason so many posts seem to be so :bash:

For the moment I chose the NIRD rule

Oh yeh, following and actively posting about box office since 2002. 

But I’m a troll? I don’t give a toss 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are real trolls on this forum