sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

13 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Nah just unimpressed by hairflips and stomping around a stage. It's trendy to scream that you love her to seem woke. Meanwhile a ton of actually talented black artists are ignored because it's easy - but lazy - to use her as your woke card. 

Such a bad take. Wow. 

I'm not even what one would call a stan, but if nothing else, the Netflix special shows how hard the woman works. She deserves her success. Indeed, others deserve more recognition but can't blame one artist for something that is way beyond her control. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

In other words @andersonhoran take your fanboy comments and keep them where they belong.  :lol:

and you think wordings like that are helping with havin a clean of fan war BS weekend thread?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

And despite all the marketing and End Game tie ins to try to push it further and further... it being a run of the mill MCU movie and all,  it's in the same company as Aquaman and still hasn't outgrossed it.   :lol:

There a a lot of pro and cons ppl can bring up for why is what how.... but please not here again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

In terms of this weekend, they were further off on the opener than they were some film in its 5th weekend or whatever.

openers are harder to predict. Everyone knew CM was getting increased business with End Game opening in 4 days. 

This doesn't make any sense with what you were saying. Raw difference or %? Stick with one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Avengers: Endgame: 307M

Shazam!: 9.5M

Captain Marvel: 7.5M

Breakthrough: 7M

The Curse of La Llorona: 6.6M

Dumbo: 4M

Little: 3.4M

Us: 1.8M

Pet Sematary: 1.7M

Penguins: 1.3M

tenor.gif?itemid=9947810

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

openers are harder to predict. Everyone knew CM was getting increased business with End Game opening in 4 days. 

Which makes BOM's Captain Marvel forecast even more puzzling. It was already showing week on week increases yet they still predicted a near-40% drop. That's notably worse than the previous weekend despite Easter and anticipating a stronger Endgame bump.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

CbKb4CGW4AAifR7.png:large

Seems like for you, it’s “Destiny will arrive this time, hopefully” lol.

second time the charm and all.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

And despite all the marketing and End Game tie ins to try to push it further and further... it being a run of the mill MCU movie and all,  it's in the same company as Aquaman and still hasn't outgrossed it.   :lol:

Well, Captain Marvel already easily passed the fishmen who didn't have competition  for like 3 months in the US  and it's going to surpass it worldwide too without needing to milk just in China, so don't worry. 

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

This doesn't make any sense with what you were saying. Raw difference or %? Stick with one.

Raw difference this weekend. I said they were further off on La Llorona, which is still true. 

Can’t say anything this weekend without people turning it around to be about Captain Marvel??

You all have next weekend to do that when it increases again because of the new release. 

I’m just celebrating the #1 opener, opening to 6.2x it’s budget worldwide and easily beating tracking by $9.5m (also more than its budget lol) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, andersonhoran said:

Well, Captain Marvel already easily passed the fishmen who didn't have competition  for like 3 months in the US  and it's going to surpass it worldwide too without needing to milk just in China, so don't worry. 

Whether is passes it or not..   remains to be seen.  All I know is that Captain Marvel is less than halfway to Avatar.  So...   tough luck,  fanboy.  

• Knock It Off 3

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Whether is passes it or not..   remains to be seen.  All I know is that Captain Marvel is less than halfway to Avatar.  So...   tough luck,  fanboy.  

?ok ? is this comment suppose to be ironic ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Milk China? As in.... be more popular? 

:wintf:

Is that called “milking China” now?

I thought Captain Marvel passed Aquaman weeks ago worldwide anyway? 

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Milk China? As in.... be more popular? 

:wintf:

Is that called “milking China” now?

I thought Captain Marvel passed Aquaman weeks ago worldwide anyway? 

can you stop contunuing this nonsense ? plz ?

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Maybe?   I hate fanboys and I am showing you how ridiculous they sound. I thought this place was supposed to put an end to that?  

some people just like to act like a children and while i agree with you, what are you doing now doesnt help the situation

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Why do people care about this Marvel vs DC stuff? It's so fucking dumb.

It wasn’t me, I was just replying to someone

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

can you stop contunuing this nonsense ? plz ?

See above 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh yeh, following and actively posting about box office since 2002. 

But I’m a troll? I don’t give a toss 🤷🏻‍♂️

There are real trolls on this forum

Hmm you seem to have missed some pointers, so I'll try.

Even in this case, a change of what was written,...

Troll-ish / mule-ish... not the same as a troll.

Even if, one does not exclude the other.

In my POV a lot of not needed waving away of other's POV in a way too absolute style, plus....

Btw, following BO since the '70.

Posting started later, as there was no www for that kind of interest then.

And now? = does not proof anything