sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

some people just like to act like a children and while i agree with you, what are you doing now doesnt help the situation

Why are the mods still allowing that discourse?  Unless you are a Disney or Universal or WB exec or stockholder etc.  I don't understand how anyone can be THAT invested in a franchise to the point where they actively hate OTHER franchises..   I think even stockholders wouldn't care what other studios are doing. 

It's a sad and pathetic existence that should be contained to the fanboy thread. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Why are the mods still allowing that discourse?  Unless you are a Disney or Universal or WB exec or stockholder etc.  I don't understand how anyone can be THAT invested in a franchise to the point where they actively hate OTHER franchises..   I think even stockholders wouldn't care what other studios are doing. 

It's a sad and pathetic existence that should be contained to the fanboy thread. 

When you are a fanboy it's not enough to see whatever you are fanboying succeeds, but you actively want to see your 'rival' fail. Yes it is stupid, especially when you consider these are corporations, but what can you do.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Raw difference this weekend. I said they were further off on La Llorona, which is still true. 

Can’t say anything this weekend without people turning it around to be about Captain Marvel??

You all have next weekend to do that when it increases again because of the new release. 

I’m just celebrating the #1 opener, opening to 6.2x it’s budget worldwide and easily beating tracking by $9.5m (also more than its budget lol) 

Llorona is doing great, but that doesn’t somehow magically turn BOM being more off on CM into BOM being more off on Llorona. The numbers are what they are.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

And despite all the marketing and End Game tie ins to try to push it further and further... it being a run of the mill MCU movie and all,  it's in the same company as Aquaman and still hasn't outgrossed it.   :lol:

You mean in the company of the , by far, biggest worldwide box office success for dc, while having surpassed just about everything else from the batman and Superman films to Wonder Woman ? Not a bad company for a run of the mil MCU film ....

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

You mean in the company of the , by far, biggest worldwide box office success for dc, while having surpassed just about everything else from the batman and Superman films to Wonder Woman ? Not a bad company for a run of the mil MCU film ....

See what I mean?   These people actually take this seriously..    Are you an executive of Disney?  Are you a stockholder?  No?  Why the hell do you care? 

Also,  if you are a stockholder,  how does actively rooting against other franchises help the stock? 

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

See what I mean?   These people actually take this seriously..    Are you an executive of Disney?  Are you a stockholder?  No?  Why the hell do you care? 

Because you have made about 1000 posts in this thread about it ? Love the “not taking seriously but I will post a gazillion posts about it” attitude, you do take it seriously don’t kid yourself.

• Like 6
  • ...wtf 1

16 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Which makes BOM's Captain Marvel forecast even more puzzling. It was already showing week on week increases yet they still predicted a near-40% drop. That's notably worse than the previous weekend despite Easter and anticipating a stronger Endgame bump.

All estimates by the typical outlets I've seen were too low

Dumbo could remain in fifth place this weekend, or Captain Marvel could climb a spot to overtake it. Captain Marvel has had better legs, but I think it will settle for sixth place in a very close race with both films earning about $6 million.

https://www.the-numbers.com/news/238320830-Weekend-Prediction-Can-Shazam-Continue-its-Streak-or-will-New-Releases-Break-Through

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Projected Domestic Total through Sunday, April 21 % Change from Last Wknd
Shazam! Warner Bros. $17,500,000 $121,000,000 -28%
The Curse of La Llorona Warner Bros. / New Line $16,900,000 $16,900,000 NEW
Breakthrough Fox $13,000,000 $16,100,000 NEW
Little Universal $8,000,000 $28,600,000 -48%
Captain Marvel Disney / Marvel $6,400,000 $397,000,000 -26%
Dumbo Disney $6,000,000 $100,600,000 -36%
Penguins Disney / Disneynature $4,500,000 $6,200,000 NEW
Pet Sematary (2019) Paramount $4,200,000 $48,700,000 -57%
Missing Link United Artists Releasing $4,100,000 $13,000,000 -31%
Hellboy (2019) Lionsgate / Summit $4,000,000 $19,700,000 -67%

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-forecast-breakthrough-the-curse-of-la-llorona-penguins/

• The Curse of La Llorona (3,372 theaters) - $17.0 M
  • Shazam! (4,183 theaters) - $13.5 M
  • Breakthrough (2,824 theaters) - $13.0 M
  • Little (2,667 theaters) - $9.1 M
  • Dumbo (3,225 theaters) - $5.5 M
  • Captain Marvel (2,653 theaters) - $5.2 M
  • Hellboy (3,303 theaters) - $5.0 M
  • Pet Sematary (3,146 theaters) - $4.7 M
  • Penguins (1,815 theaters) - $4.5 M
  • Us (2,262 theaters) - $3.8 M

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4504&p=.htm

So much about 'everyone knew'... 😉

I guess it will happen again, as its too atypical of a situation, we do not have really comparable situations, so will be in the future another movie difficult to estimate right.

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

sorry then my bad

nope, you were in m POV right, the wording style/reasons given/.... are in my POV provoking too, no matter if intentionally or not, and seemingly other think the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

How do you know that? Lol I don’t think anyone was predicting $100m!

WB confirmed to all the trades, it’s  not connected. 

Go back last year or even to the early pages of the movie's thread. New Line's track record with horror, Wan's production credit, the fact that Chaves got the Conjuring 3 gig, the Latin demographic serving....... it had potential for quite the highs. And even if it's not connected and even if that was the most it would ever make on OW, there's still money left on the table for the simple fact that it opened a week before Endgame.

@Johnny Tran Fair enough, but they could've walked out with a lot more money than they did. I don't see why wouldn't you wanna make as much as you can.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Sorry,  I only stan Avatar.  So unless your movie makes more than Avatar it doesn't count. 😉

Then don't come to this thread. There is a special Avatar thread stay there. Man such bullshit :nospamhere:

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

True. But it has to cut both ways. A few people thought that Shazam would be disappointing if it grossed less than 400 million, but that Thor was a success due to its 450 million gross. Many of those people didn’t take into account that Thor had a budget ~50% higher than Shazam. Just would like to see folks make an attempt at objectivity some times. But what fun is that? 😛😛😛

Agree with that 100%. Shazam 400> Thor 450. Shazam is a success well below 400.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, andersonhoran said:

Well, Captain Marvel already easily passed the fishmen who didn't have competition  for like 3 months in the US  and it's going to surpass it worldwide too without needing to milk just in China, so don't worry. 

You too stop with this purposely inciting behaviour. Don't need to act childish. Just because of your 1 comment we have 2-3 pages we have to read shitty comments

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Then don't come to this thread. There is a special Avatar thread stay there. Man such bullshit :nospamhere:

Just now, Nero said:

You too stop with this purposely inciting behaviour. Don't need to act childish. Just because of your 1 comment we have 2-3 pages we have to read shitty comments

lmao both those dude's got thread-banned, no need to reply :L 

• Like 1