sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

34 minutes ago, nevermore said:

You mean next weekend? 62% drop wouldn't be too bad for this movie.

Nah this weekend. Horror isn’t nearly as strong in Canada as the states, especially one with such a Latino-driven audience 

Reading through these last few pages. I'm beginning to look forward to the shitshow here next weekend almost as much as I'm looking forward to Endgame. I say threadban no one and don't lock the thread under any circumstances. THIS IS A HISTORIC OCCASION. LET THE LOONIES PEOPLE SPEAK THEIR GOD DAMN MINDS.

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I say threadban no one and don't lock the thread under any circumstances. THIS IS A HISTORIC OCCASION. LET THE LOONIES PEOPLE SPEAK THEIR GOD DAMN MINDS.

“Let them fight” eh?     

I’d rather keep things nice for the weekend thread proper, but I wonder if having a Fanboy War Weekend Thread would take any pressure off. I mean, in theory the normal Fanboy War thread can be used in exactly that way, but somehow that doesn’t seem to happen in practice.

• Sad 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:19 PM, DlAMONDZ said:

Lol why would a 3 hour run time hurt Endgame reviews?

I expect something similar to IW. Top critics are more mixed while fanboy "critics" rave about it

Honestly, think this will be a bigger hit with critics than IW.

While being bigger on spectacle, it seems to be more character focused.

22 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

“Let them fight” eh?     

I’d rather keep things nice for the weekend thread proper, but I wonder if having a Fanboy War Weekend Thread would take any pressure off. I mean, in theory the normal Fanboy War thread can be used in exactly that way, but somehow that doesn’t seem to happen in practice.

That won’t do anything, these types of people don’t learn and only grow in size when they’re unchecked. Preemptively ban the troublemakers before they have the chance to make trouble.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

145-160ish imo, see how it recovers post Endgame and holds vs Pika.

Pika I think may helping it instead of hurting it due to double features boost.