Jump to content
sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Awesome. i just hope it lives through next weekend on it's way to 412m+. 

Honestly, I think it is going to be right around 412 after next weekend.

Should probably do around $4M weekdays and I could see it doing $8M next weekend as it coasts of A:E. If any film is going to benefit from A:E it will be CM as you have to think for walk-ups who are unable to get tickets to A:E, CM is likely their #1 fallback.

 

HG made $28M after this weekend (coming off a $5.5M weekend), and CM has outpaced it the last 7 days. Even if it falls back after the next week or so, it is hard to see it not making over $420 and 425-430 is pretty realistic.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Premium George said:

You need to worry.

It's all going to plan, give them hope and then take it away from the in the most painful manner, just like Thanos. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RamblinRed said:

Honestly, I think it is going to be right around 412 after next weekend.

Should probably do around $4M weekdays and I could see it doing $8M next weekend as it coasts of A:E. If any film is going to benefit from A:E it will be CM as you have to think for walk-ups who are unable to get tickets to A:E, CM is likely their #1 fallback.

 

HG made $28M after this weekend (coming off a $5.5M weekend), and CM has outpaced it the last 7 days. Even if it falls back after the next week or so, it is hard to see it not making over $420 and 425-430 is pretty realistic.

 

 

I really wish people stop being overly confident. I am predicting 5m and hoping for a higher weekend and I won't be disappointed when I see it do 6m, 7m or 8m. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Ahh, and CM's OS weekend got again underestimated:

 

esitmated:

$689,500,000

 

actual:

+ Foreign: $690,079,633

So the milestones left now is 700m OS, 1,1bn WW and passing WW domestic haul. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tawasal said:

So the milestones left now is 700m OS, 1,1bn WW and passing WW domestic haul. 

For me a milestone is a round number only, to pass another title ... no.

 

The only title I think its interesting to get seen passing is IM3, as that would make it the highest MCU solo movie excluding BP, what in my POV is an outlier.

Why I think BP is an outlier:

beside a few characters, and especially BP already got introduced beforehand, BP was not as much in his own movie as typical. Including for the time being 'dead'.

To me BP is also an intro to several other very interesting characters, also a whole culture. Its a 'Wakanda-team' movie in a way. It is not that different to GotG in that regard, GotG is to me a team movie.

 

= counts only for the mental slots how I interpret the movies, not how other mostly will see it.

 

And only interesting as a kind of limit possible till.... for future MCU movies - I guess depending on hype after Endgame, solo finals might get down for a time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tawasal said:

So the milestones left now is 700m OS, 1,1bn WW and passing WW domestic haul. 

Why is passing WW a milestone as opposed to the other films it will pass? CM did open 50 million higher than WW, it was expected to pass it since the opening weekend. Many people were predicting at least 450 for a finish due to its tie ins with Endgame. Would have been somewhat disappointing for it not to make it to at least a 2.7-2.8 multiplier with all the advantages it had. By advantages, I mean being a good film, being tied to Endgame marketing and releasing just weeks before Endgame. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I really wish people stop being overly confident. I am predicting 5m and hoping for a higher weekend and I won't be disappointed when I see it do 6m, 7m or 8m. 

 

I know people are looking at that Black Panther hold and assuming more good news for Captain Marvel next week, but people should remember that the younger-skewing movies seem to have been inflated this weekend due to Easter.

 

So instead of wondering how CM will hold from it's 9.1 weekend, perhaps people should wonder how it would hold from what should have been a 7.5 or 7.0 weekend without Easter.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Why is passing WW a milestone as opposed to the other films it will pass? CM did open 50 million higher than WW, it was expected to pass it since the opening weekend. Many people were predicting at least 450 for a finish due to its tie ins with Endgame. Would have been somewhat disappointing for it not to make it to at least a 2.7-2.8 multiplier with all the advantages it had. By advantages, I mean being a good film, being tied to Endgame marketing and releasing just weeks before Endgame. 

I am not comparing either movies quality or expectations. I am just stating that it will be the highest grossing female superhero soon as it passes the WW domestic haul. That wasn't supposed to be as deep as you made it to be. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kitik said:

 

I know people are looking at that Black Panther hold and assuming more good news for Captain Marvel next week, but people should remember that the younger-skewing movies seem to have been inflated this weekend due to Easter.

 

So instead of wondering how CM will hold from it's 9.1 weekend, perhaps people should wonder how it would hold from what should have been a 7.5 or 7.0 weekend without Easter.

Some of our members are setting themself for possible disappointment that wasn't necessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.