sfran43

The Calm Before The Storm Weekend Thread: Estimates - Curse Of LaLlorona $26.51M | Shazam $17.34M | Breakthrough 11.0M | CM $9.10M

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Endgame train is fully engaged, every day from here only increase :Gaga:     

Hide contents

On a serious note, if actuals are 3.2+ you can officially put me down for the over Catching Fire club. That would be good for top 20 DOM except for Endgame passing it in like 8 days.

Any are you doubting a 400m Opening Weekend?

• Astonished 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

They do great sales on the home market. Plus, they raise awareness. Disney donates a portion of every ticket sold to Wildlife Conservation Network.

Hmm according to The-Numbers (I know, but it’s the best we’ve got) Pandas didn’t even register in the charts and the previous release, Monkey Kingdom, made a whopping $800k total. 

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Estimates (+/-3%)

CoLL: 10.5

Shazam: 6.3

Breakthrough: 4.2

CM: 3.3

Little: 3

🐘: 2.7

Missing Link: 2.1

PS: 1.5

US: 1.3

CoLL up $1.4m from its first Deadline Friday number. Nice. $23m looks possible. Much better than the $15-17m industry tracking. :) 

4 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Well did you expect the 157% jump to happen in the first place? 

No, but the Friday numbers seem to be extremely inflated for all the movies in the top 5 (compared to previous years) so I expect a 5-15% drop on Sat for all of the top 5 movies this Friday, except for Breakthrough.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, but the Friday numbers seem to be extremely inflated for all the movies in the top 5 (compared to previous years) so I expect a 5-15% drop on Sat for all of the top 5 movies this Friday, except for Breakthrough.

TBH, He do have a point. Friday numbers are simply way too high. In about an hour gonna post actuals.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Friday Numbers

CoLL: $11.6mn :excited:

Shazam: $6.2mn

BT: $3.95mn

CM: $3.2mn

Little: $2.9mn

Dumbo: $2.8mn

PS: $1.87mn

ML: $1.8mn

US: $1.53mn

HB: $1.35mn

Fantastic OD for La Llorona. It locks the 20M even with a sub 2x multiplier on the weekend.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

So Captain Marvel is going increase this weekend. 

CM overperformed my "what I would love to see" but I won't mind if it simply perform at the level for next two days. In fact, I won't mind the lower limit. 

22 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

2.6 2.9 2.1 : 7.6

That's what I see coming for CM.

What I would love to see

2.8 3.2 2.3 : 8.3

That said, from $940k Wednesday, if it had followed the normal trend, this far in Week 7, Saturday shall be around $3.4-3.6mn. If it is able to do the lower limit of that and then 30% drop on Easter Sunday, will be close to $9mn weekend, just $50-75k from $400,000,000. 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

CM overperformed my "what I would love to see" but I won't mind if it simply perform at the level for next two days. In fact, I won't mind the lower limit. 

That said, from $940k Wednesday, if it had followed the normal trend, this far in Week 7, Saturday shall be around $3.4-3.6mn. If it is able to do the lower limit of that and then 30% drop on Easter Sunday, will be close to $9mn weekend, just $50-75k from $400,000,000. 

So is $400m before Endgame all but guaranteed then?