SLAM!

*Y5 Tiebreaker Thread*

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You want him to ignore hammer? :lol:

He’d put it in last anyway, make things more even for Hammer winning if they’re tied.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blankments said:

If you think I’d “cheat” by only voting for my own film in a category, you’re sorely mistaken about how I vote in this game

Here is my final decision.

If Best Actor is the only category in which you want to vote this way, then I will allow it. This is the only exception I will grant. My 1st-3rd-3rd rule will apply for this exception.

In the future, it would be wise not to expect the Oscars facilitator to grant an exception such as this again.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Here is my final decision.

If Best Actor is the only category in which you want to vote this way, then I will allow it. This is the only exception I will grant. My 1st-3rd-3rd rule will apply for this exception.

In the future, it would be wise not to expect the Oscars facilitator to grant an exception such as this again.

I object to that decision. It’s not fair to @YourMother the Edgelord or @Rorschach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Slambros said:

If I may ask, as someone who is new to this:

How are these tiebreakers decided? Is it by a point system or by whoever gets the most first place votes? This could affect the decision.

When I did it it was a point-based system at least, based on how many entries there are.

So in this case 1st would get three points, 2nd would get two points and 3rd would get 1 point.

Just now, Slambros said:

If I may ask, as someone who is new to this:

How are these tiebreakers decided? Is it by a point system or by whoever gets the most first place votes? This could affect the decision.

It's a point system. If there a 3 films vying for a spot, then each film, depending on rank, will be given either a 3, a 2, or a 1.

Just now, cookie said:

When I did it it was a point-based system at least, based on how many entries there are.

So in this case 1st would get three points, 2nd would get two points and 3rd would get 1 point.

That would definitely affect the ballot if both are tied for last but it depends on how many spots are open

1 minute ago, Reddroast said:

That would definitely affect the ballot if both are tied for last but it depends on how many spots are open

Exactly. What if it who got in or not came down to that setup? And what if the category had five or more candidates like Voice Supporting? That'd be a huge number of points in one movie's favor.

Edited by cookie

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Okay. That's the same thing that I am doing.

I went back and looked at the results.

@Blankments I have made the decision to rescind that final decision and, again, choose to require the ranking, for this reason: the exception would essentially choose the victor. With the ranking, there is a fair chance for multiple given entrants to win the ballot.

I profusely apologize for being so wishy-washy and flip-floppy and getting your hopes up, but I don't want to grant an exception if it directly decided the winner.

My best advice to you is to place your preferred choice in 1st and place the alternate choice you surmise as having the biggest chance of overtaking your choice in 3rd place.

I think you still have a chance, even with the ranking system.

Again, I'm sorry about this. But the majority of people are against the exception, so this is the final decision.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

I will abstain anyway for Best Actor, i don’t feel too strong about any of them anyway and I apologize for causing unnecessary drama and disrespecting both Rory and YM

Thank you for this apology.

• Like 1