Thanos Legion

ENDGAME of an Era: Endgame #1 finish DOM OR WW (Bonus: BOTH) (Deluxe Bonus: 1B+ & 3B+)

3 hours ago, GOXOG said:

you can just Blaah blah blah and i'm still IN

Normal IN, or you want one of the higher options?

1 hour ago, Marek the Jedi said:

@Thanos Legion,sorry I am probably LATE :(

seems like WW - Avatar could go down.. so here I am IN for WW

domestic not so sure, I think 875 max, so for domestic I am OUT

Marek

Club is open for another 4 days, since I thought at the time of founding that people would need to see the first weekdays before being convinced:hahaha:    

Passing WW but not DOM means normal IN, welcome :)      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

kinda want Super IN for both DOM and WW 😋 so Deluxe plz

Edited by GOXOG
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Normal IN, or you want one of the higher options?

Club is open for another 4 days, since I thought at the time of founding that people would need to see the first weekdays before being convinced:hahaha:    

Passing WW but not DOM means normal IN, welcome :)      

thanx! :) I still too big SW fan ;) so, I am ok with normal IN :D, and I am ok with passing WW of Avatar! 

Marek

Edited by Marek the Jedi
  • Like 1

Beating Avatar WW is getting more and more plausible. Still a bit iffy on beating Force Awakens DOM but chances are still decent. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 12:48 PM, IronJimbo said:

Hella OUT

this is the honeymoon phase, the reality of time will kick in soon

Also I would say DOM is much harder, this could potentially be one of the most frontloaded films of all time. You have to remember the general audience won't watch a film twice unless it is top tier on it's own, fan-service won't do it.

........it’ll be at like 630-650 million by Sunday, then it will pass Avatar the week after. If it doesn’t beat TFA it’s gonna be because it falls off a cliff after its 3rd weekend and it’s looking like that won’t be happening. The movie itself is a 7-8 at best (nothing special aside from the last hour) but as a franchise closer its a 9.5/10. That’s all that the hardcore and casual fans of the first 22 movies care about. 

Edited by jaybox
  • Haha 1

There is literally no way End Game doesn't take both titles with the current WOM, midweek totals, and projected 2nd weekend.

The club should read "End Game takes domestic and WW titles by June" if you want to make it interesting.

• Like 1

LMAO average/mediocre film beating Avatar

Surejan.gif

Come on now. Give it's due. If you want to see Infinity War is better fine. But average lol alrighty then.

• ...wtf 1

IN for the Deluxe club because why not. I like big numbers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

LMAO average/mediocre film beating Avatar

Surejan.gif

Come on now. Give it's due. If you want to see Infinity War is better fine. But average lol alrighty then.

An 8/10 isn’t average tho. 😕 it’s wayyyyyyy better than Avatar. Avatar is the most overrated (blockbuster) movie of all time imo. Thought it in 2009, think it now. But people loved it so it is what it is.

Edited by jaybox

Posted (edited)

7 at best is average. Per your quote

But I get what your saying no big deal

Edited by cdsacken

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

7 at best is average. Per your quote

But I get what your saying no big deal

Gotcha ( did say 7-8*** at best haha). I felt the last hour heavily lifted the movie no doubt 

Edited by jaybox

15 minutes ago, jaybox said:

An 8/10 isn’t average tho. 😕 it’s wayyyyyyy better than Avatar. Avatar is the most overrated (blockbuster) movie of all time imo. Thought it in 2009, think it now. But people loved it so it is what it is.

It is equally as overrated as Avatar. The way people hype EG as it is Shawshank Redemption , or SW5: ESB or The GodFather or LOTR trilogy got me puzzle and have me worry about the future of cinema especially in the landscape of blockbuster.

EG is a type of movie only be great when you factor in how MCU phase this out marvelously in the past 11 years. As a movie stand on its own, it is just solid enjoyable 7.5/10 film.    

Posted (edited)

In for beating Avatar WW, but less than 3B.

Out for dom, probably 880-930M. (Would be in if not for a few strong alternative choices to GA coming out in theaters next few weeks.)

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, jaybox said:

Gotcha ( did say 7-8*** at best haha). I felt the last hour heavily lifted the movie no doubt 

I loved the first 2 hours but I love slow paced movies too. Slow if not boring

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

It is equally as overrated as Avatar. The way people hype EG as it is Shawshank Redemption , or SW5: ESB or The GodFather or LOTR trilogy got me puzzle and have me worry about the future of cinema especially in the landscape of blockbuster.

EG is a type of movie only be great when you factor in how MCU phase this out marvelously in the past 11 years. As a movie stand on its own, it is just solid enjoyable 7.5/10 film.    

Blockbuster: a film that many people hate but that everyone goes to see (in cinemas).
Cult Movie: a movie that many people love but  nobody goes to see (in cinemas).

DOM: OUT

WW: IN

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

But as you said it, people are justified to factor in all these emotional responses, even nostalgia (TA came out 7 years ago) because Endgame is the finale of 22 movies. Unprecedented in cinematic world.

Likewise, many people including critics think The Two Towers is a better film than RoTK, but the later got more love in box office and OScar Awards. I myself think A:IW is a better film objectively, but I can empathize and respect the views of those who hold Endgame in higher regard in their heart.

"have me worry about the future of cinema especially in the landscape of blockbuster" I guess you are playing hyperboles too. IMDB ratings etc will drop to more appropriate ranking in months and years to come. Even those who are now hyped for Endgame know that. The thing is, MCU fans got to enjoy great fun now, deservedly. Others may envy and sneer at MCU fans party time, they may got theirs in future, or maybe not (for many many years).

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jedijake said:

There is literally no way End Game doesn't take both titles with the current WOM, midweek totals, and projected 2nd weekend.

The club should read "End Game takes domestic and WW titles by June" if you want to make it interesting.

The normal goal was interesting 9 days ago, but I agree it looks like a done deal now.     

The deluxe bonus exists to make it interesting.

I want IN super deluxe mucho grande

• Like 1