charlie Jatinder

Monday Numbers (04/23/2019).

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

FK didn't need another movie's hype for it's numbers tho

Lol it would have done horrible as a stand alone. Road the coattails of the amazing of run JW. Lets no ruin the thread though.

417 is an incredible number for either film.

• Thanks 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

No doubt, both some of the best all time. Brainbug how you feeling about Godzilla. I'm pumped, already predicting 1 billion WW because I'm crazy.

My inner Godzilla fan is exploding of anticipation for five years now. Im trying my hardest to contain myself in public every day.

My outer Box office nerd knows that the film has not the best of release dates, will have to overcome serious competition and will have to convince many people who may still are salty about the 2014 film. China looks great for it though. Im expecting somewhere around 650-700M WW and would be thrilled with any number in that range or especially above that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

My inner Godzilla fan is exploding of anticipation for five years now. Im trying my hardest to contain myself in public every day.

My outer Box office nerd knows that the film has not the best of release dates, will have to overcome serious competition and will have to convince many people who may still are salty about the 2014 film. China looks great for it though. Im expecting somewhere around 650-700M WW and would be thrilled with any number in that range or especially above that.

come on,have a little faith.it gonna blow past 1B 😁

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That's a realistic one. My 1 billion is crazy town prediction. Similar to 2.6-2.7 billion WW/ 825-850 DOM for End Game.  I know it's crazy but it's what I feel.

1 minute ago, GOXOG said:

come on,have a little faith.it gonna blow past 1B 😁

I will not set myself up for disappointment.

Heres another number: What is the highest-grossing live-action monster/dinosaur/creature feature movie outside the Jurassic Park franchise?

Kong Skull Island with 566M. Which means anything above that number worldwide will be an overperformance by KOTM for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

So with these Monday numbers coming off of a Holiday weekend are we expecting Tuesday increases to be more muted than normal?

Tuesday will not even be an increase for many movies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

So with these Monday numbers coming off of a Holiday weekend are we expecting Tuesday increases to be more muted than normal?

I think that's pretty hard to guess. This Monday is a massive jump from the past 2 Mondays (near 500k) but it's easter Monday. Still those discounted Tuesdays don't exactly go away and last Tuesday it did 46.7% after a good Monday hold but nothing last yesterday.

With End Game coming out early this week god only knows what that means. I'm sticking with 412 by end of 4/28, knowing that's an outrageous 12 million dollar week and a weekly drop of like 5%....

32 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

That's a realistic one. My 1 billion is crazy town prediction. Similar to 2.6-2.7 billion WW/ 825-850 DOM for End Game.  I know it's crazy but it's what I feel.

Chances for Godzilla: KOTM hitting $1B+ WW, really depends on:

1. How much big numbers it does in other countries aside from China.

And 2. If it gets very good reception like say....the new ”Apes”-movies.

It would take a ”Jumanji 2”-sized increase to get over $1B WW if nothing goes embarrassingly wrong.

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Chances for Godzilla: KOTM hitting $1B+ WW, really depends on:

1. How much big numbers it does in other countries aside from China.

And 2. If it gets very good reception like say....the new ”Apes”-movies.

It would take a ”Jumanji 2”-sized increase to get over $1B WW if nothing goes embarrassingly wrong.

Ah very cool. Good info, thanks!

23 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Should definitely expect most films to drop today, especially family friendly ones.

18 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think that's pretty hard to guess. This Monday is a massive jump from the past 2 Mondays (near 500k) but it's easter Monday. Still those discounted Tuesdays don't exactly go away and last Tuesday it did 46.7% after a good Monday hold but nothing last yesterday.

With End Game coming out early this week god only knows what that means. I'm sticking with 412 by end of 4/28, knowing that's an outrageous 12 million dollar week and a weekly drop of like 5%....

See any Tuesday post a holiday Monday.... the increases today will be a rare exception, if at all. 

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

See any Tuesday post a holiday Monday.... the increases today will be a rare exception, if at all. 

Oh I agree I would suspect a CM drop normally but you never know with End Game coming tomorrow. Procrastination is soooooooo prevalent in the US. Dashing to see it with half priced tickets before End Game? Perhaps

56 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Oh I agree I would suspect a CM drop normally but you never know with End Game coming tomorrow. Procrastination is soooooooo prevalent in the US. Dashing to see it with half priced tickets before End Game? Perhaps

Spouse and I will be 2 of those people seeing it today.

• Like 2